[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Fibrous taint can't spread along surfaces with halfblocks/partial blocks on them. You can use ladders, torches, carpenter's slopes, and fences to prevent fibrous taint from spreading back into a cleared area. I haven't tried it yet, but this should also work with carpenter's blocks, trapdoors, wood/stone slabs, and cobwebs (you'll need enchanted shears or a boline to harvest those, though.) Tainted mobs can bypass some of these measures, and will spread taint into the cleared area, but if you can keep them out (fences, again!) it is at least *possible* to clear an area and keep it clear-ish.
Well fibrous taint follows the same placement rules as vines, except it can be on the floor and ceiling. Fibrous taint cannot occupy the same block space as another block. It can also only go on opaque blocks, like stone or dirt. Glass should get taint on it, but a carpenter's block will if it's the full version with an opaque block inside. It can also spread on the flush side of a slab, meaning if it is upside-down, it will spread on the top of it. Fences are probably the best idea when it comes to blocking out fibrous taint. Though it won't stop the swarms completely, it should stop the taint fibers.

Also, keep in mind that tainted soil spreads fibrous taint as well. It's basically soul infused with taint fibers. Also, tainted nodes will spawn taint fibers at any level. So break those in a captured area.

Reactions: Yishai

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
Well fibrous taint follows the same placement rules as vines, except it can be on the floor and ceiling. Fibrous taint cannot occupy the same block space as another block. It can also only go on opaque blocks, like stone or dirt. Glass should get taint on it, but a carpenter's block will if it's the full version with an opaque block inside. It can also spread on the flush side of a slab, meaning if it is upside-down, it will spread on the top of it. Fences are probably the best idea when it comes to blocking out fibrous taint. Though it won't stop the swarms completely, it should stop the taint fibers.

Also, keep in mind that tainted soil spreads fibrous taint as well. It's basically soul infused with taint fibers. Also, tainted nodes will spawn taint fibers at any level. So break those in a captured area.

You can hit a basic carpenter block with a carpenter hammer, to turn it into a half-block. As long as the 'empty' half is facing the tainted area, it should prevent fiber growth. Leaving the block as a basic, ugly carpenter block should prevent fiber on the block itself, since it is a "clear" block. If you hate the look of the basic block, you can put other clear blocks on it (like iron bar, leaves, or glass) and pretty it up -- personally, I love using managlass, because it's not only a clear/connected texture, but it also generates light.

nightrider

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if this is a bug or not but the quest "the beginning" where you kill the ender dragon does not register.

Powman

Jul 29, 2019
Could you make it so that dungeon chests give shards? because i dont want to keep mining forever to find fire shards

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Could you make it so that dungeon chests give shards? because i dont want to keep mining forever to find fire shards
If you have a ton of other shards there is a recipe in Thaumic Horizons to turn balanced shards back into a specific shard. If you really need fire shards that could help.

Arachnid_XIII

Jul 29, 2019
Having a problem with the Warded Syringes
Ive crafted them and it gives me item ID 5799:2 (this item is hidden in the NEI)
However the quest book states that you need ID 5799 for the quest
I can use the syringe as normal, but without the correctID it wont progress the quests
So is there a way to get the correct item ? or is this a bug ?

Attachments

• syringe 5799-2.png
    syringe 5799-2.png
    567.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Quest Book.png
    Quest Book.png
    780.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Syringe 5799.png
    Syringe 5799.png
    564.4 KB · Views: 66

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
never had problems finding shards o.o but wondering if i'm missing something is there like a tank or something i can make to hold liquid rather not have to keep using the backpack to get essence.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
never had problems finding shards o.o but wondering if i'm missing something is there like a tank or something i can make to hold liquid rather not have to keep using the backpack to get essence.
Ender Tanks are the only thing I can think of that is in the pack. You can use a decanting golem with a Perdito upgrade to empty essence pools into an ender tank (just make sure they're safe from mobs and/or taint damage) but I think you will have to remove the essence manually.

Having a problem with the Warded Syringes
Ive crafted them and it gives me item ID 5799:2 (this item is hidden in the NEI)
However the quest book states that you need ID 5799 for the quest
I can use the syringe as normal, but without the correctID it wont progress the quests
So is there a way to get the correct item ? or is this a bug ?
Have you tried right clicking with the syringe to extract blood? That might give the correct item.

Last edited:

Powman

Jul 29, 2019
Help i keep getting this crashes lately and ive been lagging eversince i returned from the end

Edit: Apparently seraph pauldrons caused this i fixed it by not wearing it :(

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Ender Tanks are the only thing I can think of that is in the pack. You can use a decanting golem with a Perdito upgrade to empty essence pools into an ender tank (just make sure they're safe from mobs and/or taint damage) but I think you will have to remove the essence manually.

Don't got a problem doing it manually but i wanna know if theres a tank that holds more than 8 buckets and/or is portable doesn't have to be. I've used ender tanks before but i don't know how many buckets they hold?

Arachnid_XIII

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried right clicking with the syringe to extract blood? That might give the correct item.[/QUOTE]

i tried this yes, It creates the correct "Blood" syringe, but its an empty syringe that is needed for the quest.
And using the syringe "destroys" it so doesnt give an empty back.

So the quest line is a dead end... (its the second quest in the book on that section)

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Don't got a problem doing it manually but i wanna know if theres a tank that holds more than 8 buckets and/or is portable doesn't have to be. I've used ender tanks before but i don't know how many buckets they hold?
Not that I know of. Automagy has a "Thirsty Tank", I haven't made one yet though.
Also, I think you can use Thaumcraft's Arcane Spa to place liquids in the world automatically, including essence. Might want to try that.

Reactions: Pudding01

Frenchie

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if this is a bug or not but the quest "the beginning" where you kill the ender dragon does not register.
This is also happening to me. Is there some way to manually go in and complete it? - I checked NEI in both Cheat and Utility mode, but no dice.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Servers with cauldron cannot use Climate Control which solves this issue, so they will find broken biomes regardless.

Reactions: Timid

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone mind posting a link to the latest version of hubris? some reason FTB isn't updating even when i'm forcing it to the latest version.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone mind posting a link to the latest version of hubris? some reason FTB isn't updating even when i'm forcing it to the latest version.
Change your download location to Curse. I will PM you a dropbox link to the client files of 1.2.0

Also, coolers is being removed next update. So if you have food in a cooler, remove it or lose it!

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
1.2.1 will be sent to the launcher sometime tomorrow:
  • Updated Botania
  • Updated Storage Drawers
  • Updated NEI Integration
  • Removed Coolers Mod
  • Fixed Doom Like Dungeons easy find, you will now actually find them with an entrance above ground. Derp.
  • Fixed Syringe Quest
  • You can now craft the lantern of paranoia with any sojourners staff, not just an empty one.
  • Removed default ruins that made no sense. No more random farms, easter island statues or pirate boats of 7 loot chests.
  • You can now find thaumcraft shards and floral fertilizer as loot in dungeons.
  • Removed the extra thaumonomicon in the thaumcraft quest.
  • Less music discs and saddles in dungeon chests.

Arachnid_XIII

Jul 29, 2019
1.2.1 will be sent to the launcher sometime tomorrow:
  • Updated Botania
  • Updated Storage Drawers
  • Updated NEI Integration
  • Removed Coolers Mod
  • Fixed Doom Like Dungeons easy find, you will now actually find them with an entrance above ground. Derp.
  • Fixed Syringe Quest
  • You can now craft the lantern of paranoia with any sojourners staff, not just an empty one.
  • Removed default ruins that made no sense. No more random farms, easter island statues or pirate boats of 7 loot chests.
  • You can now find thaumcraft shards and floral fertilizer as loot in dungeons.
  • Removed the extra thaumonomicon in the thaumcraft quest.
  • Less music discs and saddles in dungeon chests.

Is this available on the FTB launcher ??
if not where can i download it for the Curse launcher ?

Also is it possible to take the world file from my server, and put it into the new version on Curse ? (playing a private game with a friend and dont want to loose all the work if we change to curse)