[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Rush Ars Magica for a dig spell mixing Touch ,Projectile, & Dig. Level up some and grab mine power & area-effect. That gives you a distance shooting area effect dig spell. In Thaumcraft rush the Arcane Bore & ethereal bloom. Scan all nodes you find, if they are tainted break them. Find a portal to Twilight forest and mine there. Swim far out to ocean and build there. Break crusted taint, dry up the liquid taint(if you cant throw a block on it break blocks beside to thin it enough or use water bucket), water bucket fibrous taint for quick breaking. use ladders, walls(wall blocks not a wall built with blocks) & torches to stop taint spread.

It will be a losing battle, Taint spreads far to quickly to keep it gone for good but you can keep a base area clear, Build your mine entrance on a pure node area, build the entrance to your base platform above it to keep your camp clear. Raid everything for building materials artifact towers, ruins, walled villages are all resources that can be yours with a pickaxe and a will and once you have a dig spell you don't need an axe, pick, or shovel to get materials. The spell can get it all. Soulbound enchant your spellbook. Nothing worse then dying and not being able to do anything till you get your corpse. And sneak near hungry nodes it lets you get closer before being dragged in & drop water if you can so it softens the landings.
I'd say as an eventual goal, make a base on a decently sized island. Make the eventual goal purifying the island and keeping the taint away permanently.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Rush Ars Magica for a dig spell mixing Touch ,Projectile, & Dig. Level up some and grab mine power & area-effect. That gives you a distance shooting area effect dig spell. In Thaumcraft rush the Arcane Bore & ethereal bloom. Scan all nodes you find, if they are tainted break them. Find a portal to Twilight forest and mine there. Swim far out to ocean and build there. Break crusted taint, dry up the liquid taint(if you cant throw a block on it break blocks beside to thin it enough or use water bucket), water bucket fibrous taint for quick breaking. use ladders, walls(wall blocks not a wall built with blocks) & torches to stop taint spread.

It will be a losing battle, Taint spreads far to quickly to keep it gone for good but you can keep a base area clear, Build your mine entrance on a pure node area, build the entrance to your base platform above it to keep your camp clear. Raid everything for building materials artifact towers, ruins, walled villages are all resources that can be yours with a pickaxe and a will and once you have a dig spell you don't need an axe, pick, or shovel to get materials. The spell can get it all. Soulbound enchant your spellbook. Nothing worse then dying and not being able to do anything till you get your corpse. And sneak near hungry nodes it lets you get closer before being dragged in & drop water if you can so it softens the landings.

TONSSS of great advice. I'm sure this will be super helpful for a lot of people. I'm def. going to have to try out the water bucket trick. c:

UnhygenicChipmunk

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anywhere I can download the most recent version, which isn't the ftb launcher? I'm at school and ftb launcher is blocked, but im stuck on the release where witchery was first added I think, and would love to get a more fleshed out version of the pack

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anywhere I can download the most recent version, which isn't the ftb launcher? I'm at school and ftb launcher is blocked, but im stuck on the release where witchery was first added I think, and would love to get a more fleshed out version of the pack
WTF are you doing playing FTB in school? Is it the only place you get internet? If so then that makes sense...

Yishai

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that seeds don`t grow on Agricraft crops?
EDIT: Also when I smelt "Blue Topaz Ore" I get "Vinteum Dust" instead of "Blue Topaz"

Last edited:

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
It's been awhile since I last played this... and the random lag spikes now... oh god the lag spikes...

I JUST WANT TO FIND SOME F***ING IRON! IS IT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR 15 MINUTES WITHOUT 5 OF THEM BEING AN UNRESPONSIVE MINECRAFT?!?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Also when I smelt "Blue Topaz Ore" I get "Vinteum Dust" instead of "Blue Topaz"

don't smelt it, just break it with a pick like normal coal ore. I find the first 8 vinteum dust need to go towards power + calefactor to make getting vinteum dust easier.

jacknick90

Jul 29, 2019
im not sure if anyone ells is having this problem but whenever i use the dimensional recall stone to go into the twilight i crashes my game. if anyone knows how to fix this problem i would appreciate the help, if not then i think i would be something to look into for a future update

Pault23

Jul 29, 2019
Dude... What the hell are these? Kortnai? Jordan? Jake? .. All have the same item code, When you press U on them for their "uses" nothing happens and "R" to see how they're made simply shows you how to make a Tiny potato? Are they pointless? Do that have some secret use? XD It's driving me mad!

mc_screen.png

Attachments

• mc screen.png
    mc screen.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 64

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any suggestions on reducing lag spikes?

I too haven't played much since 0.7 or prior, and started playing again a few days ago, and I'm not noticing much lag at all. Maybe it's the server I'm on? I don't knowww. >.<

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Dude... What the hell are these? Kortnai? Jordan? Jake? .. All have the same item code, When you press U on them for their "uses" nothing happens and "R" to see how they're made simply shows you how to make a Tiny potato? Are they pointless? Do that have some secret use? XD It's driving me mad!

mc_screen.png
Place one on the ground. They dance and show the name.

Patzos

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that seeds don`t grow on Agricraft crops?

I think you have to analyze them first so they turn into agri crops (check tooltip). Some of those you get by picking grass are already not vanilla.

It's been awhile since I last played this... and the random lag spikes now... oh god the lag spikes...

I JUST WANT TO FIND SOME F***ING IRON! IS IT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR 15 MINUTES WITHOUT 5 OF THEM BEING AN UNRESPONSIVE MINECRAFT?!?

Changing render distance a lot made my game faster. Give it a try.
Also, getting gold is easy enough from the reward coins. Getting iron isn't. So, invest your first ingots into a thaumcraft crucible and transmute any single piece of iron armor into iron nuggets.
ALSO: anvils and doors from towers.

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
How would I go about cleaning a cave from taint?
Or prevent it from spreading in at all?

I am in early game right now and mining in a cave full of taint is impossible.
Can`t see resources(all hidden by the taint) and the constant damage to me + the enemies is too much to handle in this early state.

Sorry if its a stupid question but I am fairly new to magic mods.

Fibrous taint can't spread along surfaces with halfblocks/partial blocks on them. You can use ladders, torches, carpenter's slopes, and fences to prevent fibrous taint from spreading back into a cleared area. I haven't tried it yet, but this should also work with carpenter's blocks, trapdoors, wood/stone slabs, and cobwebs (you'll need enchanted shears or a boline to harvest those, though.) Tainted mobs can bypass some of these measures, and will spread taint into the cleared area, but if you can keep them out (fences, again!) it is at least *possible* to clear an area and keep it clear-ish.

Reactions: Yishai