[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod is it that adds the scary fortresses in the nether that have the Wither Boss spawners? o:

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod is it that adds the scary fortresses in the nether that have the Wither Boss spawners? o:

It is, in fact, doomlike dungeons. Besides the vanilla fortress, nothing else spawns in the nether regarding structures. (For me, anyway)

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
We open a portal to the nether inside or mine and ... right in a big fortress !

This is not a nether fortress as walls are in stone bricks and a spawner in each room.

We found a King Ghast inside and he destroyed everything.

Lot of death and lot of fun !

shade_of_ox

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I think I've found a mistake. In the quest book for the Fiery Essence Altar quest it claims that you're supposed to give the altar an Igneous rock, but you need to give it fiery essence.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
We open a portal to the nether inside or mine and ... right in a big fortress !

This is not a nether fortress as walls are in stone bricks and a spawner in each room.

We found a King Ghast inside and he destroyed everything.

Lot of death and lot of fun !

That was a Doomlike Dungeon aswell - for some reason, the overworld DLD can spawn in the nether aswell. And yes, King ghasts are a force to be reckoned with, even if you have strong ranged weapons... sadly, he is not the meanest type of ghast. hehehe

Reactions: Booker The Geek

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
It is, in fact, doomlike dungeons. Besides the vanilla fortress, nothing else spawns in the nether regarding structures. (For me, anyway)
That isn't the only non vanilla structure I have found. The staircase which usually leads down into the doomlike dungeons will sometimes spawn on the surface of the nether allowing you to walk up it past the bedrock. On the surface I found a few structures which also destroyed some of the surface bedrock. It was mostly more doomlike structures with a staircase/ladder leading down into the actual dungeon but I also found a farm and a barn.

DaviePatriots

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, quick question. What quest trees are recommended to get ways to remove taint? And if there's more than one, which ones are the best?

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, quick question. What quest trees are recommended to get ways to remove taint? And if there's more than one, which ones are the best?
Silverwood sometimes grow with a pure node in them and they are the only trees that can remove taint. The only other option I can think of off the top of my head is an ethereal bloom.

DaviePatriots

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood sometimes grow with a pure node in them and they are the only trees that can remove taint. The only other option I can think of off the top of my head is an ethereal bloom.

Lol, I guess I was unclear. I meant what HQM quest paths I should go down to get things to remove taint. I'm new to the pack and haven't messed with most of these mods for a while.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, I guess I was unclear. I meant what HQM quest paths I should go down to get things to remove taint. I'm new to the pack and haven't messed with most of these mods for a while.
Yeah i reread your post right after and realized it said quest tree instead of tree. The thaumcraft questline would probably be the best one to remove the taint. The ars magica quest line would be best for dealing with mobs.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019

If you want to remove taint, go for the etheral bloom. The main ingredient can be made with some seeds and quicksilver in this pack, just so you know. Personally, i made it far enough into the "dark arts" quest line where i got some etheral blooms automatically, which in turn was enough to get some more through the thaumcraft quest line directly, totaling in 10 etheral blooms without making one. (Though the quests in the dark arts aren't exactly cheap, either.) Also, don't forget that you need to destroy all tainted nodes in the chunk you try to purify. Other then tainted nodes however, once you reverted the tainted land, it will stay that way, so you can move the etheral blooms forward. On the servers there is a small lag issue that it doesn't show the purification, but reloading the chunk or reconnecting fixes that. Finally, watch out: Etheral Blooms can be uprooted and despawn by tainted goo - watch out for crusted taint!

xaositech

Jul 29, 2019
One of my friends experienced no clear areas in world generation.
I assume those areas are from pure nodes?
He said, that he downloaded 4 versions (1.4.1 1.2.4 1.2.2 1.2.0), generated 20 different maps, and no clear spaces.
What could have happened?

Enepttastic

Jul 29, 2019
Sooooo, I've spent a few hours before going to sleep, and a couple once I woke up wondering why I couldn't manage to summon a Water Guardian only to realize that I had been throwing empty buckets in the inlay circle instead of water buckets. Le sigh...
One of my friends experienced no clear areas in world generation.
I assume those areas are from pure nodes?
He said, that he downloaded 4 versions (1.4.1 1.2.4 1.2.2 1.2.0), generated 20 different maps, and no clear spaces.
What could have happened?
In my experience, maps won't generate with any naturally taint-free areas aside from beaches/oceans/rivers. There will, however, be pure/sinister nodes scattered around, they just take a bit of in-game time to start clearing out the taint in their area. In other words, your friend would need to stick around in an area for a bit(about one in-game day, if that) and then check the map for any nearby areas that seem to be fighting the taint.

Reactions: xaositech

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ello all, I think I'll update on the various things I've posted on that have gotten status updates, just in case people go google search for this stuff later:

AM2 Armor enchantment table thingy is still a gray box sadly, though Mithion on the mods' github seems to have noticed.
Disabling dryads has improved performance immensely, along with the cessation of crusted taint and it's goo. Much thanks to DD for fixing that.
I've managed, with help from Fhenrer, to fix the smooth stone generator in Spectre, though I will note that the lava still flows faster but not farther there for whatever reason.
As to the crops crash I've been receiving; While I've been able to figure out what the issue was with the help of Enepttastic, and DD already knows what's up, the cause is a bit easy to troll with, so be careful, and PM one of us if you have the same issue.

Enepttastic

Jul 29, 2019
Ello all, I think I'll update on the various things I've posted on that have gotten status updates, just in case people go google search for this stuff later:

AM2 Armor enchantment table thingy is still a gray box sadly, though Mithion on the mods' github seems to have noticed.

You mean the armor imbuement table? If so, weird, mine looks fine and works.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
You mean the armor imbuement table? If so, weird, mine looks fine and works.

http://imgur.com/nPoOngB

The box I'm hovering over with my mouse is the only new thing in the table since I switched to 1.4.1, otherwise it always looks like this no matter what. I've even tried turning on and off a couple texture packs.

Edit: Waaiiittt...... Ok, apparently that was the box that needed to appear. Once I threw something into it everything suddenly worked. However, I upgraded straight from 1.2.3, so I assume whatever happened between then and now fixed things, since I also redownloaded the pack back when that was the highest stable version.