[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Cryovolcano

Jul 29, 2019
That's weird... just opened up FTB Launcher to play some Hubris, and it's suddenly not in the list. Just gone. I tried adding it with the pack code again, but it says I have already added the pack. I still don't see it though. Anyone know how to fix this? :eek:

xXNumber2Xx

Jul 29, 2019
That's weird... just opened up FTB Launcher to play some Hubris, and it's suddenly not in the list. Just gone. I tried adding it with the pack code again, but it says I have already added the pack. I still don't see it though. Anyone know how to fix this? :eek:
I had the same problem but with me all Third Party Modpacks dissappeared. To fix this however, you need to go to the options tab in your launcher and select "Force Update".
After that, restart the launcher and it should show up.

If this is not the case, you could try removing and adding the pack again
Not sure how to do this? Just click on the pack codes button and fill in the pack code, after that press the remove button, and add it again.
It's highly unlikely that you would need to use this second method as Hubris is now officialy listed!

Cryovolcano

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem but with me all Third Party Modpacks dissappeared. To fix this however, you need to go to the options tab in your launcher and select "Force Update".
After that, restart the launcher and it should show up.

If this is not the case, you could try removing and adding the pack again
Not sure how to do this? Just click on the pack codes button and fill in the pack code, after that press the remove button, and add it again.
It's highly unlikely that you would need to use this second method as Hubris is now officialy listed!

The first option solved it for me! Thank's a lot. Haven't run into this problem before, good to know if it happens again.

Mr.Chaotic

Jul 29, 2019
So I started playing Hubris just today and I was having quite a bit of fun. I then made an amazing discovery, I found this Twilight Portal. It was premade in the Overworld.
2015-05-10_08.42.08.png
I was expecting taint on the other side and lone behold, there is none.
2015-05-10_08.43.43.png
I wanted to inform you of this but was also wondering if this breaks progression.

ECDubbleyew

Jul 29, 2019
One thing, that I would enjoy.. Would be somewhere in the beginning of the quest book would be listing the 4 ways to remove the taint. Not anything too overly specific, but telling us what we need to be working towards. :)

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
The twilight forest thing is a feature. They disabled the ability to create the portals in favor of exploring. Also the Twilight Forest is all about exploration, so there, you have a new place filled with zombified dogs and various other monsters to explore in.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the challenge so far, but there seem to be memory leak issues. After generating a few worlds (I play Hardcore and die a lot :mad:) the game slows to a crawl and freezes often, presumably due to memory issues. I know this is a problem with Minecraft in general but it seems to be particularly bad on this pack. I keep having to restart the client to fix this and you know how long it takes for all the mods to load... :(

I don't know what info I can give to help you to fix this issue but I'm happy to help.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the challenge so far, but there seem to be memory leak issues. After generating a few worlds (I play Hardcore and die a lot :mad:) the game slows to a crawl and freezes often, presumably due to memory issues. I know this is a problem with Minecraft in general but it seems to be particularly bad on this pack. I keep having to restart the client to fix this and you know how long it takes for all the mods to load... :(

I don't know what info I can give to help you to fix this issue but I'm happy to help.
Have you tried lowering your render distance? With the growth rate and sheer amount of taint as you spend time in an area, having a higher render distance often slows down gameplay.

Powman

Jul 29, 2019
So I started playing Hubris just today and I was having quite a bit of fun. I then made an amazing discovery, I found this Twilight Portal. It was premade in the Overworld.
I was expecting taint on the other side and lone behold, there is none.
I wanted to inform you of this but was also wondering if this breaks progression.
i found tons of them portals i havent went into em cuz im scared i might get rekt so first imma try to gear up as much as i could

DragoonPreston

Jul 29, 2019
Nice guys thanks for the help! I'm glad I took the time to contact the candidly Hubris team and that you took the time to properly explain how to return the world to normal instead of endless little purple hills.

The Entire point of this pack is the Taint. Its like playing a pack based on Glaticraft and asking how you can get all the stuff from the other planets without going there, it utterly breaks the point of the pack.

Niggola

Jul 29, 2019
The Entire point of this pack is the Taint. Its like playing a pack based on Glaticraft and asking how you can get all the stuff from the other planets without going there, it utterly breaks the point of the pack.

So what? I like the collection of mods here and am asking a reasonable request for those of us who just want a working modpack to play with a few pals. It's like a doctor that refuses to explain how bacteria works, and instead demands you just take the medicine. Let's just work together for the sake of all enjoying Minecraft, instead of proving the point about your Hubris.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
So what? I like the collection of mods here and am asking a reasonable request for those of us who just want a working modpack to play with a few pals. It's like a doctor that refuses to explain how bacteria works, and instead demands you just take the medicine. Let's just work together for the sake of all enjoying Minecraft, instead of proving the point about your Hubris.
The tainted world gen is the most important part of this pack. If you want a generic sandbox magic pack, there are options on the FTB launcher such as Mage Quest and Magic World 2. Passive aggressive comments don't help you either. Also, that analogy is terrible. You're not forced to play this pack.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
So I removed Thaumic infusions and my FPS went back up to normal ( 30 - 40 ) from about 5 - 10. I think the mod needs to be removed until the mod author gets this bug fixed ( I will assume its a bug and not just really bad code >.> )

Aye, I've just updated TI to try and fix the perforamnce drops people have been dealing with. TI will always be taxing on the computer due to the nature of the mod and how it's implemented, but it should not be noticable anymore.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Update on my world! I kept the mods I had before, I only added Clean View, Thaumic Pipes, and Ztones, former because bye bye swirly particles and the latter for more pretties, and the middle for a better essentia transport system since AE+Thaumic Energistics ain't possible. Added some recipes to some of Chisels wip stuff because it looked pretty too.
uHDzmwa.png

I still haven't progressed in AM besides the first spell I did, but I did make the area pretty

iXXAOvj.png

I diiid get further into Botania though. Still aiming to make it pretty however. I shifted to progressing through Thaumcraft and Harvest/Agricraft though, in attempts to potentially automate a kekimoris or two.

UxYu2Yj.png

I mentioned before about a thaumcraft area, but it, needed pizzazz, so I built yet another gazebo. I think that's the theme I'm going for because I've not seen many people do that plus it lets me test out new building styles. Also the Twilight Forest giant lily pads are amazing.

oJwu0iW.png

Usually using bullshit methods of hiking to get to usually hard to reach places only applies to Fallout for me, but I had to climb up a fuckin' mushroom to get this lil pic. Thought the aerial shot did the place some favors. :3

IWEZGGh.png

The entrance and first floor of the gazebo. Pretty barren at the moment but my wand recharge area'll go here. And some of those tank things and other gizmos from Thaumic Horizons and whatnot.

UbxUGhT.png

My rather imbalanced infusion altar, ready to create a Livingwood wand core.
Also found out how handy thaumic pipes are; they allow you to pipe in essentia into the sides and the bottoms of warded jars.

RevwNaB.png

so yeah that's some progress. also hi das me.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaileyH

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, I've just updated TI to try and fix the perforamnce drops people have been dealing with. TI will always be taxing on the computer due to the nature of the mod and how it's implemented, but it should not be noticable anymore.

Thanks for being on the look out! I will update TI in the next version.

Update on my world! I kept the mods I had before, I only added Clean View, Thaumic Pipes, and Ztones, former because bye bye swirly particles and the latter for more pretties, and the middle for a better essentia transport system since AE+Thaumic Energistics ain't possible. Added some recipes to some of Chisels wip stuff because it looked pretty too.
uHDzmwa.png

I still haven't progressed in AM besides the first spell I did, but I did make the area pretty

iXXAOvj.png

I diiid get further into Botania though. Still aiming to make it pretty however. I shifted to progressing through Thaumcraft and Harvest/Agricraft though, in attempts to potentially automate a kekimoris or two.

UxYu2Yj.png

I mentioned before about a thaumcraft area, but it, needed pizzazz, so I built yet another gazebo. I think that's the theme I'm going for because I've not seen many people do that plus it lets me test out new building styles. Also the Twilight Forest giant lily pads are amazing.

oJwu0iW.png

Usually using bullshit methods of hiking to get to usually hard to reach places only applies to Fallout for me, but I had to climb up a fuckin' mushroom to get this lil pic. Thought the aerial shot did the place some favors. :3

IWEZGGh.png

The entrance and first floor of the gazebo. Pretty barren at the moment but my wand recharge area'll go here. And some of those tank things and other gizmos from Thaumic Horizons and whatnot.

UbxUGhT.png

My rather imbalanced infusion altar, ready to create a Livingwood wand core.
Also found out how handy thaumic pipes are; they allow you to pipe in essentia into the sides and the bottoms of warded jars.

RevwNaB.png

so yeah that's some progress. also hi das me.

Looking really great! I wish I knew how to build :p

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
The Aether is being removed next update for several reasons, and is thus advised that you move any items you may have outside of the Aether. Any players inside of the aether after it is removed will be teleported back to the overworld spawn point.
I am removing the aether for the following reasons:
  • Anti-thematic. While it provides a nice dungeon, the rest of the Aether is just there.
  • Too many bugs. It breaks Botania's sojourners sash step-assist and duplicates health between dimensions
  • Provides easy exploits that defeat the purpose of the taint by providing an easy way to obtain animal resources.
  • The altar repairs everything, this is kind of dumb.
By removing the Aether, you should see more stability. Your sojourner sash will also work correctly, and I will be able to enable health boosts from the Artifacts mod. It sucks, I enjoy the aether a ton! However it is causing too many problems and instability to be worth it.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Since the Aether will no longer be a thing, will there be a possibility of there being Twilight Forest quests?
Also,
nYDRzzl.png
RIP Hubris!Aether

Last edited:

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Since the Aether will no longer be a thing, will there be a possibility of there being Twilight Forest quests?

I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with the Twilight Forest. It will definitely be sticking around, but I am attempting to find a way to balance it out in an interesting way. Twilight forest falls victim to power creep by other mods, where the twilight forest mobs and dungeons are a walk in the park because of flight and super armor/health.

There is also the elephant in the room over the twilight forests usefulness. If everything out classes the twilight forest in terms of items, what is the point? Perhaps take items from the twilight forest bosses as a crafting recipe to Blood Magic?