1.7.10 - HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SirStudMuffin

First off let me say after two days of play I have ran into not a single issue, that said I just managed to get the rubber seed !!, the pack runs well with fastcraft, the quest book rewards remind me of Regrowth, IE no bags or lucky blocks that can drop a game breaking item, just some of the items you just crafted, this is one of the things that made Regrowth such a well balanced pack & seems to be the case here too.

I do like blood magic & have only just started to love mekanism, in the early days I hated it as it was so buggy & did not play well with other mods, now it seems all the teething trouble have been worked out & now is an interesting & intuitive mod, blood magic & thaumcraft I know inside out, but with all the addons & recipe changes its a new twist & fresh again, lot of the other mods I know little about so will learn as I go, like foundry interesting if limited mod.

That said all I really wanted to say was great pack & balanced reward system, thanks for all the time & work put into this, I am really enjoying this pack, I went in blind :) best way to play..
Thank you it means alot
In other news, we are thinking of new ways to take the pack to improve it, one of the options is redesigning it for 1.10.2 as a new pack Codenamed: Exodus

Reactions: egor66

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Is something wrong with me but gravestone are impossible to mine with stone pickaxe (iron don't mine too).

Only method that I found is to play as creative.

How to make diamond ?

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Is something wrong with me but gravestone are impossible to mine with stone pickaxe (iron don't mine too).

Only method that I found is to play as creative.

How to make diamond ?

For diamonds, you'll need to look at blood magic's alchemic chemistry set.

I can break gravestones with a diamond pickaxe (just tested to make sure). You can however right-click it to get your stuff back, no need to break it.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Diamond problem solved it's me not correctly reading NEI !

I know the use of Rune of Augmented Capacity to increase the altar buffer but the recipe need a tier 3 altar (mine tier 2).

Making dye seed need a tier 2 altar and 50000 LP.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
That is not a bug.
I've pumped 500K of live essece (has demanded in a quest of Second Chance chapter) to obtain 32 rune of augmented capacity.

Now my tiers 2 altar has a capacity of 18000 LP.

I've no idea to obtain 50000 LP in tiers 2.

I cant fill the altar faster than the infusion and the rune of dislocation demand a tiers 3 or higter.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I've pumped 500K of live essece (has demanded in a quest of Second Chance chapter) to obtain 32 rune of augmented capacity.

Now my tiers 2 altar has a capacity of 18000 LP.

I've no idea to obtain 50000 LP in tiers 2.

I cant fill the altar faster than the infusion and the rune of dislocation demand a tiers 3 or higter.

You can do it with self-sacrifice and golden apples etc.

Also you can try the mekanism tanks if you can make those already.

DonKalypso

Jul 29, 2019

Now my tiers 2 altar has a capacity of 18,000 LP.

I've no idea to obtain 50,000 LP in tiers 2.

It might be best to show us your altar setup.

Something to be wary of: The Runes of <X> Capacity have a point of diminishing returns, this point is 14 Runes dedicated to increasing capacity. If you plan on having more than 14 Runes dedicated to increasing your altar's capacity it will be in your best interest to invest in making Runes of Superior Capacity as beyond 14 Runes the 10% increase per Run is better than the flat 2,000LP per Augmented Rune.

If your Altar has only 18k, then you've 4 Augmented Capacities in your setup. As Keldin said, using a Mekanism tank could be a great way for you to add more "Capacity," but you'll be limited by pump rate. Including a picture of your Altar will help us to help you make it better.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, as it was already mentioned, you dont need to have enough capacity, you just need to make sure not to run out of blood. You should already have a pump connected to an ocean and pumping into the altar. You can speed up the pump rate with runes of dislocation. And then there are golden apples etc.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks all for your replies.

I think my setup is good (already build tier 5 altar in many modpacks) : Blood Alar + 8 Blood Runes one level above (Rune of Augmented Capacity are in the for side of the altar- not the corner).

I've build an Ultimate Fluid Tank and I've a Blood Tank (level 14).

I use a Basic Mechanical Pipe between the Altar and the tank but i'm limited by the pump rate because infusing coal seed to make dye seed consume blood faster than I replenish it (english isn't my native language).

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
The rate of fluid pipes and the pump isn't the issue probably, they can keep up for a while without the need for an upgrade.

You need to add Dislocation runes to your altar. They increase the amount of fluid that can be pumped into and out of the altar. Also add 19 Runes of acceleration, each rune decreases the transfer time by one tick, so with no acceleration a transfer will happen every 20 ticks, with 19 every 1 tick. More than 19 is a waste.

Also, if you still have blood runes, replace them with something else.

DonKalypso already mentioned the second tier capacity runes. 15-20 should be enough, depending on what you do.

Then also add speed runes to increase the rate that things get crafted or blood gets put into your network.

The amount of speed and dislocation runes can be quite different depending on what you do. If you have a specific task, that gets done over and over again, you should look up the transfer rate and design a specific altar for that. For example if you have an altar with the only purpose of filling your network.

The other runes (sacrifice, self sacrifice) are not really needed unless you go for this type of blood production. Orb runes are probably not needed at all, since the demon invasion is disabled anyway and you get the crystal clusters from the 9x9 recipe.

I personally like to go for multiple altars. Once you get your first tier 5 or 6 altar, you should be able to get more of them for specific purposes. Mass production of crystal clusters need a bit of preparation, but all the stuff needed to go up to tier 5 should be pretty easy to get then.

DonKalypso

Jul 29, 2019
My mention of the Runes of Superior Capacity was to inform you of how you might efficiently proceed in the future, not to demand you use them now.

58k LP is a good starting point, keep it up. After a certain point, around Tier 5, it'll be better to include the Runes that increase how much LP can be forced into your network. Keep in mind this is still hampered by the orb itself, so you can't use the first one you made to shove 800 Million LP into your network, the Runes respect the Orbs.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
My mention of the Runes of Superior Capacity was to inform you of how you might efficiently proceed in the future, not to demand you use them now.

58k LP is a good starting point, keep it up. After a certain point, around Tier 5, it'll be better to include the Runes that increase how much LP can be forced into your network. Keep in mind this is still hampered by the orb itself, so you can't use the first one you made to shove 800 Million LP into your network, the Runes respect the Orbs.
Sorry to have misendurstood :(

I think I've a good knowledge of blood magic (many modpacks) but here the recipes are tweacked a lot.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Aarghh, I just completed the blood magic runes collection quests and got a blood tank, a really big one!

All throughout that time I was wondering what liquid would be in that tank...........it turned out to be empty!

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Hihi, nice to see that people are still playing Hypo.
Still playing but not very active anymore since all I do now is setup some automation and then wait/putter about until I get the resources for the quests.

I am considering enabling the demonic invasion again to have something to do :)

And Farming Simulator 2017 is keeping my quite busy.

A

AlexanderDario

Thank you it means alot
In other news, we are thinking of new ways to take the pack to improve it, one of the options is redesigning it for 1.10.2 as a new pack Codenamed: Exodus

so no more update for this pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.