1.7.10 HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody [Open Alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wishper

Hi awesome pack!
I have trouble getting mushroom (brown, red, netherwart) to grow. Only magical fertilizer seem to work (which is unluckily uncraftable, got some in a reward). Got the brown mushroom mutated.
The wart is not a big issue (can be crafted by botania from blazes), mushroom are needed by runes btw.

Already tried:
growing in the nether (for wart),
growing in the dark,
bonemeal / green growth
planting on different blocks (mycelium works but do not grows after)

Since in the github did not find any open issue, I think I'm missing something stupid...

using 0.20
thanks

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Mushrooms that are grown for harvest have to grow on Mycelium. They do need to grow in the dark. You can use the Sigil of the green grove on them (Shift right click). Also you can use bone meal on ANY crop as long as you shift right click on them.

Also Episode 9 and 10 are now live.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Hi awesome pack!
I have trouble getting mushroom (brown, red, netherwart) to grow. Only magical fertilizer seem to work (which is unluckily uncraftable, got some in a reward).

MFR can do a hell of a mushroom farm, using its own fertilizer to accelerate growth. Works exactly like the tree farm, just on mycelium.

No cows to produce sewage but you can use mobs like the feral wolves that spawn on grassy areas I bet. There is also a way to get chickens but the sewer works off size of mob so you might need a lot of chickens. Alternatively you could craft the fertilizer instead of creating it in a composter.

W

wishper

Thank to both!! I can confirm that bonemeal while sneaking works on ALL crops. Now I feel really stupid, thinking of all the blood wasted trying to grow crops to the 10s level!
Still no growth in total darkness though. Waila confirm with the message "can not grow here", when growing mushrooms over micelium and netherwart over soul sand.
I tried building an hollow 3x3x3 cube to be absolutely sure that the middle block had no ligth and also a slightly bigger version that allows me to stay in the darkness with the wart.
Btw, I needed mushrooms only for earth runes, not need an huge amount of those (yet, afaik)

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into quite the predicament.

warping to the nether causes my game to lag HORRIBLY. So much so that I can't do anything BUT try to turn around and go back through the portal.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the DR. Whozawhatsit's corpses....

Does anyone know how to get rid of these things after taking all the stuff off yourself? They don't seem to take any damage although they degrade the durability of weapons/tools when you smack 'em.

Also Whisper... are you using/not using a water source nearby? Sometimes croplands, even the ones who don't need it, will say infertile/sterile until you add a nearby block of water.

Last edited:

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Hit them with a shovel 3 times after you've emptied them out.

Also hit J to open the waypoint menu a delete the game marker.

To grow on its own, nether wart must grow in the nether. In the overworld put soul sand down with crops and use nether wart on it like other seeds. It wont grow on its own, but you can sigil it and I think you can bonemeal it. I

At some point I need to see if you can plant mushrooms on mycelium and hit it with bone meal to make giant mushrooms like in the over world.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Anytime, glad I can help! Thanks for the tip about the sprinklers, makes it much easier to improve seeds!

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
So i made some oopsies today....

I cheated... and i didn't even need to.... Forgiveth me Cathleen! ;-;

I lost my diamond sword quest reward to dying during the binding ritual(bloody lightning and fire!)

and the whole time i was freaking out thinking that i needed a T4 altar to make a diamond sword....

i just logged in and looked at the recipie... i only needed a T3 one..... ....................

I am fool....

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Its hard to keep track of what needs what level altar and which orb. Lot to keep track of.

Episode 11 is now online....

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I finished the AE2 quest page but don't have anything to put into the system that won't fit into a couple diamond chests.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like vanilla potions were disabled for some reason.

Villagers mean artificial villages, which means iron golem generation. Those two things mean free iron and the ability to trade items for other items.

A

AlexanderDario

This pack is great as Galactic Science!

Really good job Caithleen... when you count to upgrade the pack?

Reactions: tetshio
N

Naverone

The wand it wants is the technomancy version not the vanilla thaumcraft version.
How do you make the Technomancy version? I can't seem to do it. Even in the arcane work table with a charged wand it still makes the vanilla version. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.