1.7.10 HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody [Open Alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone used the Draconic Evolution fusion power? There seems to be very little info, as in just one video of it destroying a HUGE chunk of the world.

I think there's a book that you can craft called Draconic Evolution Information Tablet that has info in it. I haven't had much experience with dragonic evolution but if it destroys a huge chunk of the world, I'd probably build it far away from the base.

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
What are people using to process their crops once they're harvested? We don't have any of my go-to autocrafters to turn the essences into their products. I think the Botania Crafty Crate will probably work, but I haven't started Botania yet. Applied Energistics will work, but I'm not quite to that point yet either. I can build any of the Mekanism or MFR machines, though. Am I missing an option for turning essences into their products?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's a book that you can craft called Draconic Evolution Information Tablet that has info in it. I haven't had much experience with dragonic evolution but if it destroys a huge chunk of the world, I'd probably build it far away from the base.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.. The video was from a few months ago, and it was an issue with the TE Ducts. I need to craft the tablet.

I was wondering anyone who is good with AE2 could help me out. I have 15 Ballad of Alchemy(I know, overkill), on each one it a ME interface, level emitter, and a import bus. I have one long Dense Me Cable running to the area, but when running smart cable to everything it will not connect some of the emitters. I don't fully understand the channel system, and to tell you the truth I'm not a fan.lol I even tried running to Dense Cable from 2 different Me controllers, but they still wouldn't connect everything.

Edit: I think I got it by useing P2P Tunnels (6).. It's not very good looking, and I sure there is a better way, but I just can not get my head around the channel system. I have 18 Ballad of Alchemy, and there still is more thing that thing can craft. Now that I have 2 Tier 6 Altars I will enable The Ritual that summons the Demons:)

Last edited:

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
What are people using to process their crops once they're harvested? We don't have any of my go-to autocrafters to turn the essences into their products. I think the Botania Crafty Crate will probably work, but I haven't started Botania yet. Applied Energistics will work, but I'm not quite to that point yet either. I can build any of the Mekanism or MFR machines, though. Am I missing an option for turning essences into their products?
We used liquicrafters. You have to use a separate liquicrafter for each crafting recipe and a redstone clock circuit to trigger the crafting operation. But you can hook up the redstone clock to all of the liquicrafters via redstone so you only need one clock. You could use one of the hourglasses instead of a redstone circuit but that would be only one crafting operation per second which may be fine depending on how fast you are generating resources. Logistical sorters and transporters can be used to pull out the resources from a drawer controller or slave. The logistical sorter can "color" items it pulls out and the transporters can also be colored so that you can determine where each item goes. You can only use 16 colors, so you would only be able to connect to 16 liquicrafters with one pipe line and would have to make a separate pipe line for more liquicrafters. The output from the liquicrafters can be piped back in to a drawer controller or slave.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.. The video was from a few months ago, and it was an issue with the TE Ducts. I need to craft the tablet.

I was wondering anyone who is good with AE2 could help me out. I have 15 Ballad of Alchemy(I know, overkill), on each one it a ME interface, level emitter, and a import bus. I have one long Dense Me Cable running to the area, but when running smart cable to everything it will not connect some of the emitters. I don't fully understand the channel system, and to tell you the truth I'm not a fan.lol I even tried running to Dense Cable from 2 different Me controllers, but they still wouldn't connect everything.

Dense cables can only support 32 channels. Smart cables and regular cables can only support 8 channels. One face of an me controller only supplies 32 channels. You can combine me controllers together to form a multiblock structure, just keep the controllers in a 7x7x7 area. The me controllers can not be combined to form a solid block as in you could not put 8 controllers in a 2x2x2 area. I usually just do a single line of controllers for simplicity. The rules are something like an me controller can only be connected to two other me controllers. You also can not have two or more separate me controllers on the same network. The me controllers have to be connected to each other. The me interfaces, level emitter, and import bus each require one channel so you would need 45 channels. If you hover your cursor over an me dense cable or smart cable, waila will tell you how many channels are going through that cable. There are more efficient ways to make channels available throughout your base using p2p me tunnels so that you could run 512 channels through one dense cable with just 4 me controller blocks, but that gets a bit more involved so I'm not going to get in to that unless you really really want me to. I'm not the greatest at explaining things so it might be hard to follow.

A basic setup for your 15 ballad of alchemys would be to run two separate dense cable lines with each one connected to a different face of an me controller. One dense cable line would be run near 7 of your ballad of alchemys and the other dense cable line would be run near the other 8. Then for each separate ballad of alchemy, connect smart cables or regular me cables to the interface, level emitter, import bus and dense cable. Keep in mind that it can sometimes take a little bit before the connections become active. Connecting things to an me system are not usually instantaneous. This also applies to the waila tooltips. The tooltip has to wait for the me system to update. Also, the tooltip for the cables only shows how many channels are going through that particular cable. If you want to know the total number of channels being used from one me controller face, you would have to look at the cable connected to that face or any cable before other cables branch off. I hope that makes sense.

Edit: Now that I submitted this, looks like you edited your post and got p2p tunnels working. Nice work. :) Also glad i don't need to explain p2p tunnels. :p

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Dense cables can only support 32 channels. Smart cables and regular cables can only support 8 channels. One face of an me controller only supplies 32 channels. You can combine me controllers together to form a multiblock structure, just keep the controllers in a 7x7x7 area. The me controllers can not be combined to form a solid block as in you could not put 8 controllers in a 2x2x2 area. I usually just do a single line of controllers for simplicity. The rules are something like an me controller can only be connected to two other me controllers. You also can not have two or more separate me controllers on the same network. The me controllers have to be connected to each other. The me interfaces, level emitter, and import bus each require one channel so you would need 45 channels. If you hover your cursor over an me dense cable or smart cable, waila will tell you how many channels are going through that cable. There are more efficient ways to make channels available throughout your base using p2p me tunnels so that you could run 512 channels through one dense cable with just 4 me controller blocks, but that gets a bit more involved so I'm not going to get in to that unless you really really want me to. I'm not the greatest at explaining things so it might be hard to follow.

A basic setup for your 15 ballad of alchemys would be to run two separate dense cable lines with each one connected to a different face of an me controller. One dense cable line would be run near 7 of your ballad of alchemys and the other dense cable line would be run near the other 8. Then for each separate ballad of alchemy, connect smart cables or regular me cables to the interface, level emitter, import bus and dense cable. Keep in mind that it can sometimes take a little bit before the connections become active. Connecting things to an me system are not usually instantaneous. This also applies to the waila tooltips. The tooltip has to wait for the me system to update. Also, the tooltip for the cables only shows how many channels are going through that particular cable. If you want to know the total number of channels being used from one me controller face, you would have to look at the cable connected to that face or any cable before other cables branch off. I hope that makes sense.

Edit: Now that I submitted this, looks like you edited your post and got p2p tunnels working. Nice work. :) Also glad i don't need to explain p2p tunnels. :p

Yeah, I really wish it wasn't changed that mush from AE1. I have Me controllers set up into a 3x3 hollow cube, with the center of each side hollows as well. I placed 4 P2P's in the center of one side, and linked them up to the one dense cable. It's not prity but it seems to be working. Now on to learning how to auto craft that seems to have changed completely from AE1. Thanks for the help.

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
We used liquicrafters. You have to use a separate liquicrafter for each crafting recipe and a redstone clock circuit to trigger the crafting operation. But you can hook up the redstone clock to all of the liquicrafters via redstone so you only need one clock. You could use one of the hourglasses instead of a redstone circuit but that would be only one crafting operation per second which may be fine depending on how fast you are generating resources. Logistical sorters and transporters can be used to pull out the resources from a drawer controller or slave. The logistical sorter can "color" items it pulls out and the transporters can also be colored so that you can determine where each item goes. You can only use 16 colors, so you would only be able to connect to 16 liquicrafters with one pipe line and would have to make a separate pipe line for more liquicrafters. The output from the liquicrafters can be piped back in to a drawer controller or slave.

Thanks! I didn't even think to look at a liquicrafter.

L

Landrus

A single pumping area should last you quite a while, theres also the nether and endertanks, so feel free to behave like you did with lava in the past. Better endgame power creation is something still on the table ;)

I am playing the currently newest version (0.0.20) and I have lava in the nether. From what I read here, there shouldn't be lava, but life essence, right? Or am I understanding something wrongly?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing the currently newest version (0.0.20) and I have lava in the nether. From what I read here, there shouldn't be lava, but life essence, right? Or am I understanding something wrongly?

I have Lava and Life Essence in my nether. Also a mix underground that is annoying when mining it mixes and make Obsidian everywhere.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

Well Finally made to Draconic Evolution and the tablet has nothing of the fusion power:( I was hoping that it was going to be huge power source so I could use it instead of Mek Fusion Reactor..

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Well Finally made to Draconic Evolution and the tablet has nothing of the fusion power:( I was hoping that it was going to be huge power source so I could use it instead of Mek Fusion Reactor..

I'm sure there's a safety method in making fusion power. I'll look into it when I get back from my trip. :)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure there's a safety method in making fusion power. I'll look into it when I get back from my trip. :)

I thank you for the help, but the few parts that is listed in NEI that are obviously they go to the DE Fusion are not craft able. I think it is still being worked on, and the video I told about listed the beta that might unlock it. So it is most likely bugged that's why its not craft able in this version. I have several 30+ Blood Dynamos for right now that seem to be holding.

Have a good trip, and thanks again.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I was wondering if you can answer another AE2 Question? Is it better to have several Crafting CPU, Storage cells in small setups, or one big one. For example I have a 3x4 tall Auto crafting setup. It has a CPU core from top to bottom and thou two sides, 2 crafting monitors center the other two sides, and the rest 64 Storage. Should I just split that up to smaller ones, or is it better big like that?

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if you can answer another AE2 Question? Is it better to have several Crafting CPU, Storage cells in small setups, or one big one. For example I have a 3x4 tall Auto crafting setup. It has a CPU core from top to bottom and thou two sides, 2 crafting monitors center the other two sides, and the rest 64 Storage. Should I just split that up to smaller ones, or is it better big like that?

It depends on how many simultaneous crafting operations you want and how many items you want to craft at one time. You need separate setups per simultaneous crafting operation you want to do. If you just have one big one, you can only craft one thing at a time. You need more crafting CPUs per multiblock if you plan on crafting large batches of items. At the moment, I just have 4 separate crafting processor multiblocks. They each have one 16k crafting cpu and 3 co-processors. This allows me to do 4 different crafting operations simultaneously. I'm only using 16k processors because i'm not doing large crafting batches or complicated crafting.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on how many simultaneous crafting operations you want and how many items you want to craft at one time. You need separate setups per simultaneous crafting operation you want to do. If you just have one big one, you can only craft one thing at a time. You need more crafting CPUs per multiblock if you plan on crafting large batches of items. At the moment, I just have 4 separate crafting processor multiblocks. They each have one 16k crafting cpu and 3 co-processors. This allows me to do 4 different crafting operations simultaneously. I'm only using 16k processors because i'm not doing large crafting batches or complicated crafting.

Thanks, That was very helpful. I will split my one large unit into smaller ones that sounds like it would be better suited for this pack. Since there isn't any really big crafting processes that would need to be done. Thanks again.

Edit: Thanks to you I have gotten a lot further along in AE2 ever:) I had literally just got the hang of AE1 a few months before the 2nd one was released. I could do everything with that mod. I was so proud of myself when I made a ME inside an ME,(I know, I'm strange), but it was really neat.

Anyways, with the help you gave, I was able to Automate The Witchery Cauldron, Oven, and Distillery. Everything is running great except the Oven, because it's not a guarantee you get the end result so it can freeze the crafting process.

Last edited:
T

the_boo

some info on the draconic reactor from the mod author himself... latest version of DE has instructions in the tablet as well

link prolly wont show up right away since im new to the forums, but just do a youtube search for brandon3055, i think its his latest video

Reactions: RehabOholic

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
seeds don't updrade Growth, gain and STR... all is 1, is this right? if it is... what th point about seed analyser? =/

YakuzaTheKid

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for the substrate (which you need to make the salt block) requires a machine named PRC and i have no idea what machine is that, any help»

Reactions: Arko

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
For the DE reactor you need to kill the chaos dragon.

In a newer version of DE the Chaos Island has been changed and the drops can only be collected from the new (Remade) Island. The Chaos Dragon has been made a lot harder.lol I haven't found an end portal yet. I will either wait till DE is updated, ore I can update it manually when I'm ready to go to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.