1.7.10 HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody [Open Alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
means that you need to use the pack code on the ftb launcher or use the curse voice client.
Sorry i guess i should have been more specific. When i use the pack code given it says that pack code is a private pack. Also curse doesn't seem to load any pack when a go to browser packs but that is another issue.

Never mind i got it to load finally must have been a launcher issue...:)

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Sorry i guess i should have been more specific. When i use the pack code given it says that pack code is a private pack. Also curse doesn't seem to load any pack when a go to browser packs but that is another issue.
hmm, never heard of that issue.
Make sure that you have the latest FTB launcher version (1.4.11) and that the pack code is correct, without a typo, without a space at the beginning or end..

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Yeah i typed it in 3 times. Then closed out and reopen later and it loaded the pack up to the launcher? No clue why it didn't take the other times. I am on the latest launcher. I played for like 2 hours. Love blood magic but i can't wait to seewhat has been ddone with the rest of the magic mods.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
The first quest rewards trigger two sound files at once which causes the explanation of whatever you were explaining to be unintelligible during the first few seconds. I heard something about bones and crop sticks, and then an explanation of how to mutate crops. Basic agricraft stuff.

I'm assuming you were saying something that explains how to make crop sticks out of bones.. but I have no idea what that might be. NEI doesn't say anything about it.

Is it at all possible for you to just ditch one of the sounds? It also plays the last phrase over again when I press escape. Doesn't matter if you wait half an hour, it'll still do it until you exit the session. "can be found in the NEI. can be found in the NEI. can be found in the NEI. can be found in the NEI. can be found in the NEI. can be found in the NEI." I feel like a note in the quest would've sufficed.. and been a bit less annoying. Sorry.

EDIT: Oh that laugh that drowns out the explanation is actually the HQM jingle.. and there isn't a way to disable it either.

EDIT2: The lootable bodies seems to be bugged, the bodies are sometimes not-so-lootable meaning all your stuff just poofs into the void. The blood magic integration was a hopeful thing that got me interested but this isn't for me. Wish you the best for development in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: spiritofmc

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
So far loving the pack. Few minor issues though regarding completion.
  • AE inscriber plates cannot be obtained currently due to no meteor spawns and no crafting recipe for them.
  • The liquids quests in the second chance chapter all require 10 portable tanks to be turned in except the gold which requires 1000.
  • The botania flowers quests are set to some form of fuzzy detection which requires only 1 flower to complete almost all of the tasks to create the different flowers.
  • The "What are these" and "Gaia guardian returns" quests both require gaia spirit ingots.
  • Greatwood trees require a minimum of 100 vis in the area around them. Unless you take the normal or easy route through thaumcraft or get extremely lucky and roll a very large node with the 1 you get from the early quest you will not be able to grow greatwoods.
  • The wand required for the Thaumcraft quest is the technomancy wand which is uncraftable unless you cheat it in.
Other than those few issues I have found so far the pack is extremely well put together and I hope you continue working on the pack and complete it.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
What are the differences between "easy" and "normal" mode in thaumcraft IN THE HQM BOOK. The third option is the creative Thaumonomicon, but I don't get the difference between the first two options. Also, I intend to change thaumcraft config to easy research mode, how this could affect the options?

Greatwood trees require a minimum of 100 vis in the area around them

Are you sure about that? I think that was the case in thaumcraft 3. Now they don't need anything special.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
What are the differences between "easy" and "normal" mode in thaumcraft IN THE HQM BOOK. The third option is the creative Thaumonomicon, but I don't get the difference between the first two options. Also, I intend to change thaumcraft config to easy research mode, how this could affect the options?

Are you sure about that? I think that was the case in thaumcraft 3. Now they don't need anything special.
Ok fair enough about the greatwood. But in regards to your question the easy route gives you an advance deconstruction table to get aspects quicker but fewer nodes, whereas normal mode gives you more nodes. Cheaty option only gives you the creative thaumonomicon with no nodes.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like to re-iterate that this pack is awesome, and if I could reliably ensure that my stuff doesn't become un-recoverable when I die I'd use it despite any other misgivings with the design choices. Those lootable bodies are a PITA to work with starting out when I'm living in a teeny tiny box, it can be hard to get them to separate if you keep accidentally killing yourself in the same place (too much blood loss eg). I've also had it where I can tell that one body is supposed to be the new one, but I can't access it because of a crafting table placed below it.

I might actually just remove that mod and keep playing in the future tbh, that was the only egregious problem I faced. Annoyance is one thing, impedance though, that's a no-no. Forgot that I could actually disable mods through the launcher.

EDIT: also your voice isn't annoying, merely the implementation. It's a relaxing if mildly pedantic addition. I wouldn't worry about it since there's not much that could be done to change it anyway besides including a length of silence at the beginning to allow the jingle to play out.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I think I'm going to give it a try for a few days and see how I like it. If I do, I may do a series. But historically I have hated blood magic so we'll see how it goes.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like to re-iterate that this pack is awesome, and if I could reliably ensure that my stuff doesn't become un-recoverable when I die I'd use it despite any other misgivings with the design choices. Those lootable bodies are a PITA to work with starting out when I'm living in a teeny tiny box, it can be hard to get them to separate if you keep accidentally killing yourself in the same place (too much blood loss eg). I've also had it where I can tell that one body is supposed to be the new one, but I can't access it because of a crafting table placed below it.

I might actually just remove that mod and keep playing in the future tbh, that was the only egregious problem I faced. Annoyance is one thing, impedance though, that's a no-no. Forgot that I could actually disable mods through the launcher.

EDIT: also your voice isn't annoying, merely the implementation. It's a relaxing if mildly pedantic addition. I wouldn't worry about it since there's not much that could be done to change it anyway besides including a length of silence at the beginning to allow the jingle to play out.

It took me forever to find out how to get rid of the Lootable Bodies.lol I was just digging a hole and pushing them in it.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
It took me forever to find out how to get rid of the Lootable Bodies.lol I was just digging a hole and pushing them in it.
I'm situated next to an ocean so I just punched them into the abyss. Properly disabled lootable bodies now so no more of that nonsense. Is there a way to actually remove them normally?

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm situated next to an ocean so I just punched them into the abyss. Properly disabled lootable bodies now so no more of that nonsense. Is there a way to actually remove them normally?

Hitting a body 3 times with a shovel will dispose it, dropping any equipment it has still on it. Damaging the body with other damage sources will also destroy it if that damage type is enabled by the config options

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Hitting a body 3 times with a shovel will dispose it, dropping any equipment it has still on it. Damaging the body with other damage sources will also destroy it if that damage type is enabled by the config options
Call me old fashioned but I like punching a grave. No entity nonsense and it doesn't need disposal.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to disable a waypoint? I knew how to do it in previous versions, but in this update I can't figure it out.

Cauliflower

Jul 29, 2019
We just started a server for this pack and the guys in our community are really enjoying it, thanks for making a great pack!

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks.

Caithleen, some suggestions. For quest rewards, don't give seeds of the same type as a reward for a quest they just finished. Instead, you might give some crop sticks. As quests get harder you might give some of the higher level apples that give regeneration for longer periods of time.

P

Popsnorkle

I'm stumped about doing a transformation which requires 50,000 LP in a tier 2 altar (
water seed to rubber seed
). I don't have any speed runes (just blood runes), and I'm using a refractory hopper to feed blood in as well (but of course this is very slow without any runes to help). Is there a better way to make this work than using multiple Notch apples?

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stumped about doing a transformation which requires 50,000 LP in a tier 2 altar (
water seed to rubber seed
). I don't have any speed runes (just blood runes), and I'm using a refractory hopper to feed blood in as well (but of course this is very slow without any runes to help). Is there a better way to make this work than using multiple Notch apples?
You could always pump blood in with a tank. It is only 20 LP per second which you would still need to help it with but it will give you a bit of help. You could also change out all the blood runes for self sacrifice runes to give yourself more per heart.

P

Popsnorkle

You could always pump blood in with a tank. It is only 20 LP per second which you would still need to help it with but it will give you a bit of help. You could also change out all the blood runes for self sacrifice runes to give yourself more per heart.

Thanks for the response. I was already pumping blood in (the refractory hopper), at 20 LP per it isn't enough to make a significant difference. I hadn't realized that self sacrifice runes were craftable at tier 2, not sure if 4 of these would have been enough to help (with a tier 2 altar only 4 of the 8 runes are active).

It's academic now, I did it with 2 Notch apples. Mostly I'm curious if there was a better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.