1.7.10 HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody [Open Alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

xPhar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok, thanks BigManVega, I thought all quests could be completed and I was trying to move forward as much as possible with all the quests, so let's just say that I was confused by that quest.

How far did you get in the quests?
- 1 - Finished
- 2 - 38% stuck on the sould shard for tier 4, I need to create the blade but I have not yet been able to get a ghast tear nor a magma cream. I spent 3 hours in the nether and keep dying there.
- 3 - 65% my Altar tier 3 is unable to reach 100,000 capacity so I made the seeds with crucio essence for the third tier but I can't do Imperio yet and im still waiting on enough milk from the cow seeds to make the fertile soil.
- 4 - 45%, headache is too expensive right now I just need more resources, I can't create the salt, and missing the atomic disassembler due to cost also.
- 5 - 40% can't make the me controller because not enough diamonds, I need 4 blocks so 26 diamonds which is 140 coal block, my tree farm is not there yet.
- 6 - Locked
- 7 - Did not venture into that yet (don't know that mod)
- 8 - I'm just tired of Thaumcraft ... Maybe I'll have to start it anyway
- 9 - Locked
- 10 - 0% ...Tier 6 Altar and a block of emerald... ouch not ready for that yet.
- 11 - 0% but now that I have rubber seed and my water elemental inscription tool are made, that's the next thing I'm starting.
- 12 - 0% still missing that weak blood shard to be able to start that quest line
- 13 - 0% this seems end game to me, not quite sure the goal of it yet, I could maybe start with Iron and End stone but that 5 millions blood bucket threw me for a loop.
- 14 - 0% this quest line clearly seems in dev and I did way too much Witchery in Attack of the BTeam so mehhh.

Hope to hear about other peoples status.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Let's see with around 28hr of play(mostly crop breeding and derping)
1 - 100%
2 - 47% I'm going into tier 5 vs demons, armour, and spell stuff. If you have trouble with magma cream use 3 rubber in alchemy set to get slime and if you don"t have blaze get a Fel pumpkin. For the ghast tear go vanilla and bow n arrow or make a flying potion in the alchemy set.
3 - 82% just need zivi stuff. Tip: You don't need your altar to have 100,000 cap you just need to have it filled as fast as you empty it. Get the 10 slates for the "Some help for what's ahead" quest and use the runes of dislocation then make 12 or so more then you will be pumping about a 1000lp/s
4 - 0% for now didn't see much use for mekanism right now besides a few things. t
5 - 40% at the ME controller
6 - is WIP
7 - 8% don't have the thaumic setup yet. Technomancy is a pretty small addon it just adds a few things that bridge RF to magic. The blood dynamo that you have is technomancy. The essentia fusor is the flip side of the centrifuge you can make all essentia from the primals. So if you need auram or vitium for the node generator just use greatwood logs+ cobblestone(vitium) or greatwood+ sugar cane(aurum)
8 - 40% Tip: It's prefered to go the simple way in the Thaumcraft as you don't get all the warp and you get the auto-decon table. Just use MFR harvester on a farm of 10/10/10 earth seed and pipe to it and don't forget a potency gem in it!
9 - is also WIP
10 - 0%
11 - 25% again didn't see use for MFR right now beside a few key items
12. 8% just started botania
13. 2% just did the iron quest for cow right now
14 - 0%

Last edited:

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
1 - 100%
2 - 55% I'm pretty lazy when it comes to killing wither skelles for the beacons so tier 5 has been on hold for a while. For the ghast tier try blood magic's basic spell system. a spell table with a skeleton head next to a blood altar with a piece of obsidian in it gives a pretty good ghast killing projectile.
3 - 60% too lazy to create the nature stuff just for the quest same with air seeds. And in fact the tier 3 orb has a capacity of 150,000 but you need a tier 4 to get imperio. Though the LP cost doesn't matter a whole lot when making things it the chemistry set, nothing bad happens if your blood network runs out as long as you don't have any rituals or items active that use LP. The chemistry set will just suck up whatever comes in at no loss. TBH this is the only playthrough I ever used augmented capacity runes on my altar and only because they were a reward, 10000 capacity with enough gain is enough for any recipe that doesn't have crazy drain levels.
4 - 13% mekanism will be somewhat useful but I love magic too much.
5 - 30% haven't gotten around to making the ME controller
6 - locked
7 - 8% so far can't be bothered.
8 - 0%, debating between the cheaty way and the simple way. I have honestly done thaumcraft researc almost completely in blightfall with normal research notes and my regrowth second playthrough and a standard infinity run. So I consider it not to be that bad to choose the cheaty way and warp really isn't that bad dealt with a lot of the effects for a while by using the forbidden magic euclidasy to get research points.
9 - locked
10 - Draconic, not at tier 6 yet.
11 - 25%, a number of useful things in MFR, grinder and auto-spawner will probably be next.
12 - 24%, love botania will likely be using botania for flight and other fun things.
13. 5% wanted cow and sheep seeds, will probably be grabbing chicken seeds soon the rest will be when I get further everywhere else

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like Inventory Tweaks is not part of 1.8. Is there a particular reason? I love the auto sort of inventory feature it has.

Its out temporary until we get some dupes fixed.

Anyone else having issue creating salt or brine. I wanted to go the Mekanism way with a solar evaporation plant but we don't have Advanced Solar Generators in this modpack? Or am I missing something else in NEI?

Well you are missing something in the NEI and the NEI is still missing it :)

Ill be not working much on this pack this week since im still recovering a bit from friday events. Ill resume on the weekend.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
@Caithleen This would be time to just tell us how to get salt since NEI doesn't show it. I looked through the scripts and configs and couldn't find anything about salt other than there's no worldgen for it.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
What could cause a spell from Blood Magic to not work? I successfully made the flint/steel + skeleton spell to deal with some annoying floating high up tree bits, but when I tried to make the ender pearl + skeleton spell to teleport, it does nothing.

e: Right clicking with it still consumes 1000 LP, though. Maybe the info on the ftb wiki is old...

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
The "make a soft block mold" recipe overrides the "make a blank cast" recipe when using the block of gold. In the Alchemic chemistry set, the axe head cast recipe overrides the broad axe cast recipe, since both use iron axes. While the first conflict can be worked around with a diamond or emerald instead, the second can't as far as I can tell. :(

lok0143

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automate crops?

Nevermind I see a whole quest line for automation.

Last edited:

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone have a problem with the witchery starting quest w/ belladonna seeds? I made 1 via agricraft crossbreeding but questbook doesn't recognize it.

My first visit to the nether, a fortress was above me. :D

Also starting the 5m blood quest while maxing out crops to all 10s.

JUsgHOj.png

rvzY1eF.png

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Quests that need more info "A better wand" - Does not detect a fresh GG wand but needs a fully charged one.

The Arcane worktable recipe for a fully charged iron wand doesn't work as the normal shaped overrides it.
Unless there's a hidden way to get obsidian totem as I haven't seen any struct you can't make an Ecological Transmuter
More "hidden/broken" recipes are the eldritch consumer and energized wand since you need lithium which is made in the S.E.P and you can't make it w/o the solar generators.

Is there a way to get a villager spawn egg? I know how to get villagers but not the spawn egg.

The dream world is "unplayable" there are no bone pillars, so you can't get bone to progress without finding a bunch of skellies to try to get a head. All the trees in the DW are oak and you get logs then wood splinters so no crafting table cause you need bones >.> There's also no ore or bushes.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Quests that need more info "A better wand" - Does not detect a fresh GG wand but needs a fully charged one.

The Arcane worktable recipe for a fully charged iron wand doesn't work as the normal shaped overrides it.
Unless there's a hidden way to get obsidian totem as I haven't seen any struct you can't make an Ecological Transmuter
More "hidden/broken" recipes are the eldritch consumer and energized wand since you need lithium which is made in the S.E.P and you can't make it w/o the solar generators.

Is there a way to get a villager spawn egg? I know how to get villagers but not the spawn egg.

The dream world is "unplayable" there are no bone pillars, so you can't get bone to progress without finding a bunch of skellies to try to get a head. All the trees in the DW are oak and you get logs then wood splinters so no crafting table cause you need bones >.> There's also no ore or bushes.
would you mind on creating one issue for each issue? https://github.com/MyM-ModpackTeam/hypovolemia/issues

Reactions: BigManVegas

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Man, if you were to ask me which mod I would've expected to drop solar energy as a viable thing, I would've never guessed Botania in a 100 years

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Man, if you were to ask me which mod I would've expected to drop solar energy as a viable thing, I would've never guessed Botania in a 100 years
Yes it was a problem people would just have fields of dayblooms/hydrogeas and be done with mana gen which made vazkii sad. There are soo many flowers that are better but are "harder" to get. My favorite is with thaumic tinkerer infused fire and the kekimuis.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it was a problem people would just have fields of dayblooms/hydrogeas and be done with mana gen which made vazkii sad. There are soo many flowers that are better but are "harder" to get. My favorite is with thaumic tinkerer infused fire and the kekimuis.
I never was tempted by that: dayblooms make tiny amounts of mana compared to even just a small charcoal farm + a handful of endoflames. Typically I'd make one daybloom, let it fill up my diluted mana pool enough to make the upgrade, toss in black lotus's from dungeon loot, and jump straight to better plants. It's not a harder change, just kinda a sad one, I guess? Thematically, it feels weird. Also, makes the hydrogangeas worthless, but whatev

I cheated myself a TC broad axe, since they would be available except that bug, and now my artisanal charcoal farm is going super fast. :D

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Ya a lot of people are lazy or don't like the whole mana generation in the first place. So they take the easiest route and just plant and forget.

Charcoal farm is easy I have harvester chopping down greatwoods and that gets me plenty of wood, coal, and planks that don't need the altar.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Ya a lot of people are lazy or don't like the whole mana generation in the first place. So they take the easiest route and just plant and forget.

Charcoal farm is easy I have harvester chopping down greatwoods and that gets me plenty of wood, coal, and planks that don't need the altar.

Which is sad since botania has some of the most interesting forms of power generation out of the mods. It's not like endoflames take much more thought than a tech mod's charcoal generator. Will probably end up using tnt for mana as soon as I get around to killing the guardian of gaia and finishing my ME system.

using greatwood sounds like a good idea, using oak myself but not having to bother with planks in the altar sounds like fun though translocators makes it easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.