1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

PizzaMan585

Jul 29, 2019
Try reinstalling your video driver.
Unfortunately reinstalling the video driver didn't seem to get rid of the white textures or the GL errors, however previously it seemed to switch back and forth between normal textures and "broken" textures.

PizzaMan585

Jul 29, 2019
Search for the error I posted above then and see if you find a solution.
all i seemed to find was exactly what you said earlier
Just a question... did you get the drivers from the manufacturer or another source?
from NVIDIA themselves.

i recently found that Curse had been been adding unnecessary arguments to the minecraft launcher, not sure if this was causing the problem
as the issue was graphical related i thought because i have a very old graphics card (geforce GT 520 1GB) i would reduce some of the video settings, then restarted the game.
this seemed to fix the problem so either of one of these had been causing the problem.
thanks SirWill and Scottly318, for the assistance.

K

kingley

Help! Why i can't mine the blood altar in ... (i call it is stargate). The Blood Altar need 100.000 LP while capacity of it are 10.000LP. So, how can i win the game if i can't place it on my home (the moon)!.

(Sorry for my english !)

T

TheLoneStriker

Don't know where else to put this soooo' HELP My space station seems to have hit a worm hole and disappeared.... well here what happened i logged off in my space station and when i logged back on my world i was tossed in to a tardis biome and when i got back to the moon i went to check on my space station and its gone! can anyone help me? i really miss my space station....

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is there some kind of limiter in effect on the Planter et al.? I've got a Planter with a range jacked up to 9, but it only plants/harvests in a 3x3 area.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some kind of limiter in effect on the Planter et al.? I've got a Planter with a range jacked up to 9, but it only plants/harvests in a 3x3 area.

For the progressive automation devices the Range number is not a radius, it is the total number of spaces it can manage. For another example, you would need 24 upgrades installed to maintain a 5 x 5 area as the planter takes up one space itself.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
For the progressive automation devices the Range number is not a radius, it is the total number of spaces it can manage. For another example, you would need 24 upgrades installed to maintain a 5 x 5 area as the planter takes up one space itself.

Hm - very odd, but straight-forward enough. That also explains my weird tree-farm. (Range of 5.) Turns out that a range of 9 for the regular crops is plenty sufficient for comfortable living, so I'll probably just rein in the farming floor-plan for future planet bases.

A

Aerois

First I have to say that I loved this modpack.
I started to play it 10 months ago and stopped because of my studies and then started to play again 2 weeks ago.
I'm currently on the last quest of the questbook and after having some issues like memnarch162 had I tried to find some answers by putting myself on creative (after taking a backup of my game that was created just before the dial) or by simply coming in this forum but still some questions remain :
- When I died on the Underworld Temple, I respawn on 0-0-0, is there a way to solve this problem expect by putting myself on creative ? The dead loop is quite annoying.
- What is the real way to actualy fill the Altar with blood to get the tardis key ?
The only way I found is to use penicillin but I had to watch a youtube video to think about it.
So if you don't have any penicillin on you when you go on the Underworld and so you are too slow to put blood on the altar quickly enough , you are just f***ed and you have to die and use command to escape the dimension ?
- When I was making test on the Underworld I managed to get the key (with penicillin) and then when I tried to use it I get the same message as memnarch162 : "The key grows briefly warm, and then goes cold again."
What should I do if this happen ?
- After watching tutorial on how to use the Tardis (thanks Doctor), I wanted to go back to Mars where I put my HQ but I hadn't enough energy. So I tried to level up my Tardis by making travels in other dimensions but none of the dimension available worked. All of them need more than 1000 energy to run.
What can I do ? Do I necessarly have to use the command /tardisxp ?

Galactic Science is one of the only modpacks I played without using any cheat or any command at all and started to use commands at the very end of the game is quite frustrating since I really want to play this entire experience propely.
I hope to get some answers !
Also thank you very much to keep updating the modpack during this entire time !

Last edited:
H

Hellrazor

You guys, I was on the server and went afk for a while. I came back being kicked for inactivity, and when I try to relogin it says that "Kicked whilst connecting to galacticscience_new: [LP] Permissions data could not be loaded. Please contact an administrator" How do I fix this?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Was there a change to the recipe for the Electric Crusher? I have one that I've been using to mash sugar cane, and I was about to make a second one for the occasional mashing of gravel and zombie heads, but it calls for a copper wire made in the Manufactory - which I don't have. So my only conclusion is that either I got the Electric Crusher (or at least the copper wire) in a quest reward, or that the recipe has changed in the last update.

V

Void_Schism

Either I am missing something or the changes have made this unfinishable (which would make me a sad panda as I've been grinding this for ages!)

VV SPOILERS BELOW! VV

I've gotten to the temple, stood in a block of penicillin, pre-filled the altar, inserted the machine core and stood there self-harming as fast as I could without dying.
The blood level goes down WAY faster than I can fill it! After a few seconds it was empty and producing the grey particles :(

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Has the issue with Thermal Padding not preventing damage on Venus, Mercury, and Pluto been resolved? I saw it mentioned on the 4Space GitHub while plotting my future plundering.

B

BastIsAwesome

So, after finally creating a working energy system in T1, I have started to automate the breakdown of compressed cobblestone. However, I seem to be having an issue where the sorting chest does not sort into the sorting barrels. I have tried everything I can think of, including looking online, and thusfar I have been unable to figure out what I am doing wrong. Could someone please explain how to sorting chest/barrels function together to create a sorting system?

Screen shot:

Attachments

• 2017-03-20_16.26.03.png
    2017-03-20_16.26.03.png
    467.6 KB · Views: 220

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, after finally creating a working energy system in T1, I have started to automate the breakdown of compressed cobblestone. However, I seem to be having an issue where the sorting chest does not sort into the sorting barrels. I have tried everything I can think of, including looking online, and thusfar I have been unable to figure out what I am doing wrong. Could someone please explain how to sorting chest/barrels function together to create a sorting system?

I've had this happen periodically with my system (which doesn't look substantively different from yours). It will work for a while, and then something gets clogged. Sometimes shuffling the contents of the sorting chest will fix things, or removing/replacing a barrel from the network with a dolly, but I don't know what causes the clog in the first place.

D

DukeLetoTheJust

Hello, I am really enjoying Galactic Science, but Ive run into a problem. I am trying to set up a sorting system and have been using relocator pipes with a filter module but it is not working it bypasses the pipe Im trying to sort with and goes into the other chest. Any ideas?

These questions are difficult to answer without some details, either use ascii characters to show a model of your layout or upload some in game pictures so we can try to steer you in the right direction. Another option is to create a creative test world so you can more easily try out different setups, then you can go straight to what you want to build when you are playing in survival.

I ran into the same issue, turns out its a known bug with Refined Relocation 1.1.28 included in the pack. I upgraded to 1.1.34 and it fixed the issue.

Bug report link:
https://github.com/Dynious/RefinedRelocation/issues/407

Updated pre-compiled version:
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/refined-relocation/files/2393121

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Just incase any one is interested, Caithleen is working on Galactic Science 2. It is currently in Alpha Testing.

My first video lets play for it is live now...

Reactions: zBob