[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any success adding Dr. Sharks Mo'Creatures mod? I know it has a custom mob spawner, not sure if that conflicts with any mods in this pack. I know it works with Gregtech by itself.
Make it, and if it crash make post here or new thread.

C

Crazz2323

Well, I added it and the custom mob spawner and the server kept spewing out errors like so: https://pastebin.com/E2AfGZsG
My guess is unless it was tweaked to work with this pack, it's a no go. Too bad. So nice to have many more creatures than the standard skeleton, zombie, creeper lot.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Version 2.0.4.8 08.08.2018

Mod Upgrade:

Crops++ 1.3.1a

Mod Changes:

Crops++
-fixes Visual issures with Waterlilly
-added buildversion to build.properties

Quests changes:

-add a better reward for iron/steel armor #3422
-Large Aluminium Cells needs to be moved to after MV #3421
-Hand pump quests (2x) need to be set to consume resources #3418
-Review Multi Block goals and mark quests as main that need to be mainline #3416

Last edited:
C

Crazz2323

Is there a way to make wood slabs without a saw or is there a way to make a primitive saw like a flint saw?

OK, I think I see the ini setting: WoodNeedsSawForCrafting

Last edited:
C

Crazz2323

I can't thank you enough for this amazing mod and all your hard work. I do have two questions. Is there Any way to increase Mob difficulty? Any way to change block Physics? In my old GT 5 server, I included a mod called mob properties that let you adjust the health and damage mobs do. I combined it with Dr. Zhark's Mo'Creatures which gave a diverse world of many creatures and tougher mobs. Dr. Zhark's Mo'Creatures works when I add it to GT New Horizons which is great but for some reason, when I add the Mob Properties mod, the server errors out. However, the mob properties mod works with GT New Horizons if Dr. Zharks Mo'Creatures is not included. I know its weird because both worked great on my old GT 5 (not New Horizons) server, so my question is:

Is there a simple mod (other than mob properties) that makes mobs tougher that would work with GT New Horizons? Unless I'm missing something, my feeling is that if you can destroy most mobs naked with just a flint sword so easily, why bother making cool weapons and armor?

Also, I loved the block physics that came with the Enviromine mod of which I also had included in my old GT server. I liked dirt and gravel falling like sand. It made mining more dangerous. Any mod allow me to do this now that would work with GT New Horizons?

EDIT: Well, nevermind. The server loads fine the first time with Dr. Zharks Mo'Creatures and it works but once I shut it down and load it again, the server spews errors related to the custom mob spawner until it crashes preload up.

Last edited:
Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
I can't thank you enough for this amazing mod and all your hard work. I do have two questions. Is there Any way to increase Mob difficulty? Any way to change block Physics? In my old GT 5 server, I included a mod called mob properties that let you adjust the health and damage mobs do. I combined it with Dr. Zhark's Mo'Creatures which gave a diverse world of many creatures and tougher mobs. Dr. Zhark's Mo'Creatures works when I add it to GT New Horizons which is great but for some reason, when I add the Mob Properties mod, the server errors out. However, the mob properties mod works with GT New Horizons if Dr. Zharks Mo'Creatures is not included. I know its weird because both worked great on my old GT 5 (not New Horizons) server, so my question is:

Is there a simple mod (other than mob properties) that makes mobs tougher that would work with GT New Horizons? Unless I'm missing something, my feeling is that if you can destroy most mobs naked with just a flint sword so easily, why bother making cool weapons and armor?

Also, I loved the block physics that came with the Enviromine mod of which I also had included in my old GT server. I liked dirt and gravel falling like sand. It made mining more dangerous. Any mod allow me to do this now that would work with GT New Horizons?

EDIT: Well, nevermind. The server loads fine the first time with Dr. Zharks Mo'Creatures and it works but once I shut it down and load it again, the server spews errors related to the custom mob spawner until it crashes preload up.

About Mob Properties: We had this mod inside GTNH a long time ago but the path finding code is so badly programmed that us server hangs alot ant tps drop down to 0. I like the Mod but it need to be fixed first.

About Dr. Zhark's Mo'Creatures : Never used it cant say much

About Enviromine: Great Mod but you need super computer to run this mod in GTNH. We decided to remove this mod after testing.

C

Crazz2323

Thank you so much for the replies! I appreciate you taking the time. I have actually used Mob Properties in my GT 5 server a few years back and successfully use it in GTNH now with no server issues. Mind you, I only have a few people playing on my server so it's not overloaded. I love having mobs a bit more challenging. I didn't do much just raised HP a bit and damage dealt. Nothing fancy.

As far as Dr. Starks Mo'Creatures, it adds a lot of life to minecraft something like 58 new creatures some good some bad such as deer, foxes, snails, bugs, werewolves, boars, etc. They spawn in biome specific areas and it just gives more life to the game and for example, makes the woods feel more like being in the woods. I also have their properties of the creatures modified with Mob Properties as well.

There are two pieces to Mo'Creatures, one is the main mod and the other is a custom mob spawner. I discovered after I posted my previous post that the custom mob spawner was generating all the errors when loading the server. The mod seems to work without the custom spawner so I have a GTNH server running with mob properties and Mo'Creatures.

So would Enviromine work with this mod? I thought there would be conflicts but if I could add it, and it's just a performance issue, maybe I would be ok like I am with Mob Properties on my smaller server? I really enjoyed the block physics and the need to drink both of which Enviromine adds.

**Edit. I tried loading Enviromine 1.3.124 in the GTNH server but the server crashes. It loads fine on the client though.... I sure miss the block physics and thirst I got from that mod.

** Edit#2. Well, nevermind, I loaded the server again and it worked. It maybe that it crashed trying to create a new world. So Enviromine seems to work in GTNH. I have most of the features disabled though such as gas, earthquakes etc. Just using block physics on a few blocks, and thirst. Will have to test it out.

Last edited:
R

RomaEcho

Hi. DreamMasterXXL, thank you for this great pack, it makes my minecraft more challenging and interesting. But I have a problem. I can't complete quest manually through designer menu in quest book. Playing on my local server, bq_admin edit and op myself done. Click manually complete then click quest - nothing happens. When I use command bq_admin complete - console says that quest is done but in the book nothing changes. Default load did, deleted quest progress file, changed nickname from '1'(had that one) to normal string, but nothing helps.
The pack version 2.0.4.8 from twitch.
In ssp, same map, everything completes fine, even through desinger menu. So there is some server issue, but where?

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
normaly you can complete quest in ssp and smp like you write down above (edit mode or via command complete) If you not in online mode the quest will be reseted. There is a green checkbox when you in the main menu. If it is red you not connected.

R

RomaEcho

I'm in offline mode, there is no way to complete quest? Maybe change this behavior of the mod in a config?

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Version 2.0.4.9 26.08.2018

Mod Upgrade:

Core Mod 1.5.36
Gregtech 5.09.32.34
GT++ 1.7.02.09
GTNH-TC-Wands 1.0.2
GT Scanner Mod 1.5.1
Tec Tech 3.6.6a

Mod Changes:

NewHorizonsCoreMod:
-Comb Time and Voltage Adjustments
-Dragon egg crafting items
-Alternative Primitive Circuits for MV #3438 (NAND Chips)
-Superconductor dusts mixing fix #3440
-nerf Nichrome to 480eu/t vac freezer and make EBf burn time longer
-marshmallow recipe change
-nerf bee comb time to 300. Its a compromise between 1200 and 128
-re enable op bees. Bees get a rework anyways
-Unable to make the Blank fuel tank for the Small fuel canister #3459
-add 10K Coins for later use
-Suggestion: wild carrots ore dictionary #3485
-Suggestion: Extract fluid fire resistance potion from pam's ignis fruit #3484
-Suggestion: Flesh Root to mincemeat #3483
-Suggestion: Extract coconuts into coconut milk #3482
-Suggestion: Mixer recipe for Red Alloy #3491
-[RFC] Uses for Natura nether trees #3435
-added Trophy recipes for dream
-changed World Accelerator check for solars
-Recipe to turn empty hydration cell back into normal cell #3381

Gregtech:
-[Suggestion] Change Blood Magic Life Essence Cell recipe to use Regular cell rather than Universal Cell. #2215
-Alternative Primitive Circuits for MV #3438 (NAND Chips)
-Fix for issue 3399
-Conflicting/Unusable recipes in Large Chemical Reactor #3450
-duct taped fix. remove gt++ recipe for cetan
-Seismic prospectors changes:
-Do radius in blocks. Clean up printouts. Add in chunk information for located ores.
-Added powderbarrels to usage. Added recipes to make Adv Seismic Prospectors. Removed recipes for the old ones.
-boronsilicate fix mixer recipe
-fix dimethylbenzen derp
-Fixed Mufflers and Large Boiler Fuels. (#1319)
-Adding new Textures for GT Coils Textures by @LogicFalls
-fixed GT Teleporter
-improofed readability a bit (in dependencies in GT_Mod & GT_MetaTileEntity_Teleporter)
-alkalus' fix to improve performance on the typefilter...
-Change to use an ObjMap
-Missing LCR recipe for CrO2 + O -> CrO3 #3510

GT Scanner Mod
-Fixed basic prospector behavior.
-Changed to display summary of ores found and distance from player.
-Adjusted range down overall. Increased success chance slightly.
-Increased durability
-added simple scanners
-added UHV Electric Prospector's Scanner
-removed unnecessary classes
-disabled debug build

Tec Tech
-Push some collider work and change plasma nerf behaviour
-Change fusion behaviour a bit

Config changes:

AE+AE2 Stuff
-add oredict to inscriber for dia and gold plates

Gendustry
-Bee adjustments and OCD cleanup

Gregtech
-added fluids to planets (charon not exists)

Loot Bags
-New lootbags and balanced the old ones #3469
-LuV Quest merge #3471

Tinkers Construct
-Stone Duplication With Fortune / Auto-Smelt #3497

Server dat
-Add Wabulabudaba russian gtnh server

TecTech
-Missing Plasma #3427

Recipe changes:

AE+AE2 Stuff
-Add Inscriber recipe #3477
-Wireless Setup Kit #3441

Extra Utilities
-Quarry use now Europium Plate. Approved bei 0lafe

Gendustry
-Idea - Decending Name GenDustry Comb Ore Directory Names. #3509

Iron Chest
-recipe conflict world anchor #3475

Loot Bags
-LuV Quest merge #3471

Project Red
-Have Null routing chips use vacuum tubes instead of LV circuits, up output #3407

Quests changes:

-Suggestion Portable Quest #3493
-fix kill enderman quest
-[RFC] Uses for Natura nether trees #3435
-fix a few quest rewards
-Fixed a bunch of issues from tickets. Added redwheat, tin pipes, brass pipes(restricted pipes too)
-farming station, large combustion engine quests
-Quest Error Brew of Love #3488
-Cleaned up quests. Added new SpaceSuit quests for Venus PPE.
-update fusion quests lootbags
-Rotor and watermill quest outdated/incorrect #3406
-Quest #1495 #3197
-Making gallium easier to get #3455
-Add Mineral Sands to the Orefinder purchase quest #3463
-Suggestion: Make the feather duct-taped wings quest optional #3466
-Move seeds quest from behind mattock? #3476
-More Space race quests (tier 5 Rockets)
-more circuit quests and stuff Luv/ZPM/UV
-LuV Quest merge #3471 Add polybenzimidazole quests
-Manualy merge 0lafes Quests. Add a few more (IV so far) LuV follow later
-Add Synthetic rubber quests
-Updated seismic prospector quest to new advanced seismic prospector and added more information.
-more quests like chemical dehydrator and nickel quest
-marshmallow quest added
-Update/move basic prospector quest #3456
-duct taped fix. remove gt++ recipe for cetan
-Nuclear reactor quests #3443
-Suggestion: Alternate Radon Quest #3449
-update coins coins Quests by 0lafe
-The big fluffy crybaby quest 905 #3437
-Dragon egg #1499
-Completed Quest Inaccessible #3436
-Check unlock for Empty Epoxid Board, in EV #3426
-Quests #3511

S

Smalldude

So i just installed GT for the first time and attempted to play out but i was getting a ForgeModLoader error because there were two galacticraft copies in the mod list both 0.98 and 0.99. Just thought i would let u know @DreamMasterXXL. thanks
**EDIT this is an easy fix for others getting the problem just go into the mods folder delete 0.98

Reactions: novarek

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
So i just installed GT for the first time and attempted to play out but i was getting a ForgeModLoader error because there were two galacticraft copies in the mod list both 0.98 and 0.99. Just thought i would let u know @DreamMasterXXL. thanks
**EDIT this is an easy fix for others getting the problem just go into the mods folder delete 0.98

Yes i see it now its only in the client folder. Will fix next update.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Woow!!!!! Accidently I connected MV machine to HV network and... I didnt expect such a big explosion... that was really powerfull. Entire Vacum freezer, half EBF, few HW machines, tanks, chests just disappear... woow....

DracePhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Is someone using OptiFine 1.7.10 HD U E7 and Fastcraft 1.2.5?

I literally can't play without OptiFine anymore and NEED to get Multi-Core Rendering to work, but it makes various Chisel Blocks disappear / be invisible randomly.
I disabled Threaded Optimization in my Nvidia Control Panel and disabled Fast Render, still invisible Chisel Blocks.

Disabling Threaded Optimization no longer causes Chunks to randomly Flicker all over the World.
Turning off Fast Render no longer causes (for example) Seared Tanks to flicker.

Why Optifine? 1000% better FPS and faster Chunk Loading - support for Shaders.

Can someone help? - I can't use Smooth Rendering (causes my game to crash often) and Default Rendering is still... garbage - does fix the Problem though.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Is someone using OptiFine 1.7.10 HD U E7 and Fastcraft 1.2.5?

I literally can't play without OptiFine anymore and NEED to get Multi-Core Rendering to work, but it makes various Chisel Blocks disappear / be invisible randomly.
I disabled Threaded Optimization in my Nvidia Control Panel and disabled Fast Render, still invisible Chisel Blocks.

Disabling Threaded Optimization no longer causes Chunks to randomly Flicker all over the World.
Turning off Fast Render no longer causes (for example) Seared Tanks to flicker.

Why Optifine? 1000% better FPS and faster Chunk Loading - support for Shaders.

Can someone help? - I can't use Smooth Rendering (causes my game to crash often) and Default Rendering is still... garbage - does fix the Problem though.
Why not using D6 and Fastcraft 1.2.3. The game runs smooth with no issues.

DracePhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Why not using D6 and Fastcraft 1.2.3. The game runs smooth with no issues.

Exactly the same issues with D6 and 1.2.3 - that is why i updated in the first place.
Here my Optifine Options: (Multicore Rendering enabled) and using D6, 1.2.3

ofRenderDistanceChunks:24
ofFogType:2
ofFogStart:0.8
ofMipmapType:0
ofLoadFar:true
ofPreloadedChunks:4
ofOcclusionFancy:true
ofSmoothFps:true
ofSmoothWorld:false
ofAoLevel:1.0
ofClouds:2
ofCloudsHeight:0.0
ofTrees:2
ofGrass:2
ofDroppedItems:2
ofRain:2
ofWater:2
ofAnimatedWater:0
ofAnimatedLava:0
ofAnimatedFire:true
ofAnimatedPortal:true
ofAnimatedRedstone:true
ofAnimatedExplosion:true
ofAnimatedFlame:true
ofAnimatedSmoke:true
ofVoidParticles:true
ofWaterParticles:true
ofPortalParticles:true
ofPotionParticles:true
ofDrippingWaterLava:true
ofAnimatedTerrain:true
ofAnimatedTextures:true
ofAnimatedItems:true
ofRainSplash:true
ofLagometer:false
ofShowFps:false
ofAutoSaveTicks:4000
ofBetterGrass:2
ofConnectedTextures:2
ofWeather:true
ofSky:true
ofStars:true
ofSunMoon:true
ofVignette:2
ofChunkUpdates:3
ofChunkLoading:2
ofChunkUpdatesDynamic:true
ofTime:0
ofClearWater:true
ofDepthFog:true
ofAaLevel:0
ofProfiler:false
ofBetterSnow:true
ofSwampColors:true
ofRandomMobs:true
ofSmoothBiomes:true
ofCustomFonts:true
ofCustomColors:true
ofCustomSky:true
ofShowCapes:true
ofNaturalTextures:true
ofLazyChunkLoading:false
ofDynamicFov:true
ofDynamicLights:2
ofFullscreenMode:Default
ofFastMath:true
ofFastRender:false
ofTranslucentBlocks:2

Here is how these invisible Blocks look like (seems to only appear on blocks, that are capable of merging with adjacent blocks to change their appearance (most Chisel Factory Blocks for example)
Invisible Blocks.png