[1.7.10] [Forge] BloodMagicHacks b1.0-2

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CatDany

Jul 29, 2019
BloodMagicHacks
Hacky addon for BloodMagic: Alchemical Wizardry

What does it do?
• It's cool, because it's clientside only!
• Doesn't allow you to click Sacrificial Knife / Blood Orb if you have less than 3 HP

Downloads
-----> All downloads and source code can be found on GitHub <-----

Why is it so simple? Don't you think it's useless?
I don't think it's useless, otherwise I wouldn't do it.
It' useful for me and I don't need to care about releasing mouse button when my health is low.

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Okay. I need to rant. Anyone who does not want to see me rant or anything, just don't open up this spoiler. You have been warned.
ONE:
This mod completely kills the balance of Blood Magic.
TWO:
The way you're doing it. It creates huge amount of lag. First, whenever we right click, first, you scan if we are right clicking on air or on a block, and then we scan the current inventory item to see what mod it's from, then you scan for all the items in Blood Magic, then you test to see what health we are at. This would be the most laggy way to do things. Ever.
THREE:
You should have the self control to not kill yourself. If you are about to kill yourself, there's no going back after you do it. You're dead. You can't undrink the poison. Once it's in your body, you're dead. If you slit your wrists, you don't just magically stop bleeding once you get below a certain cell count. This is preventing you from death! If you were to kill yourself, how happy would you be to wake up the next day and still be alive? This goes against the very principle of Laceration Clarity. You know one of the reasons people commit suicide? To gain control. They don't have any control over their lives, so taking it allows them to control one last thing. This prevents them from ever, ever controlling anything in their lives.
I was going to kill myself recently, but working on Running Red, and being on these forums in general was what brought me back from the edge. Blood Magic was key in this. Except when I did my ghost thing, killing myself did have consequences. When I'm testing Running Red, I always jump off the edge of the world to get down to one life, and never add any more, so that I know that there are consequences when I die. There's no coming back.
If this had been part of Blood Magic by default, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this today.

So long, and thanks for all the venom.

Last edited:

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Okay. I need to rant. Anyone who does not want to see me rant or anything, just don't open up this spoiler. You have been warned.
ONE:
This mod completely kills the balance of Blood Magic.
TWO:
The way you're doing it. It creates huge amount of lag. First, whenever we right click, first, you scan if we are right clicking on air or on a block, and then we scan the current inventory item to see what mod it's from, then you scan for all the items in Blood Magic, then you test to see what health we are at. This would be the most laggy way to do things. Ever.
THREE:
You should have the self control to not kill yourself. If you are about to kill yourself, there's no going back after you do it. You're dead. You can't undrink the poison. Once it's in your body, you're dead. If you slit your wrists, you don't just magically stop bleeding once you get below a certain cell count. This is preventing you from death! If you were to kill yourself, how happy would you be to wake up the next day and still be alive? This goes against the very principle of Laceration Clarity. You know one of the reasons people commit suicide? To gain control. They don't have any control over their lives, so taking it allows them to control one last thing. This prevents them from ever, ever controlling anything in their lives.
I was going to kill myself recently, but working on Running Red, and being on these forums in general was what brought me back from the edge. Blood Magic was key in this. Except when I did my ghost thing, killing myself did have consequences. When I'm testing Running Red, I always jump off the edge of the world to get down to one life, and never add any more, so that I know that there are consequences when I die. There's no coming back.
If this had been part of Blood Magic by default, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this today.

So long, and thanks for all the venom.
credits for discovering the lag, qaz and padfoote.[DOUBLEPOST=1407643172][/DOUBLEPOST]waaaaaaiiiitttttt. this activates EVERY time you right click. every time.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I find it utterly disgusting.
hEC7DED2F

(me and gideon right now)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. This seems pretty damn useful. I'll install it then.

*drags and drops*

Hmm. It appears not to load. Hmm. "Duplicate mod file found". That's odd. Oh, it appears I have already installed this mod, it's named slightly differently. You see, where your mod is called BMHacks-1.7.10-b1.0-1-forge-1199.jar, my mod is called Self-Control.jar.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Hmm. This seems pretty damn useful. I'll install it then.

*drags and drops*

Hmm. It appears not to load. Hmm. "Duplicate mod file found". That's odd. Oh, it appears I have already installed this mod, it's named slightly differently. You see, where your mod is called BMHacks-1.7.10-b1.0-1-forge-1199.jar, my mod is called Self-Control.jar.
*MeV actually made a mod called self control that stops you at half a heart. You clowns fell for it. Silly clowns.*

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
*MeV actually made a mod called self control that stops you at half a heart. You clowns fell for it. Silly clowns.*
It also has Black Jack and Hookers.

But in seriousness, I could have only made that mod thanks to @CatDany making his mod OpenSource and unleashing it upon the world for us to enjoy. My mod was 98% your code! I just changed it so you have 1 health instead of 6. Fairly trivial.[DOUBLEPOST=1407648475][/DOUBLEPOST]
I will have to kill Mevansuto now.
There's no need for that. If you do you'll miss out on all of my upcoming features such as; removing altar tiers (making every item accessible from the get-go), Thaumcraft Research (bringing all of the tedium of Thaumcraft to the world of @WayofTime) and lastly, but certainly not least, the ability to turn Raw Chicken into Nether Stars in a Blood Altar (because Withers aren't easy enough).

I think I'm done now.

Reactions: madnewmy

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to kill myself recently, but working on Running Red, and being on these forums in general was what brought me back from the edge.
Is this Serious D:

On-topic (not really): Yay I can understand the code now.. and I think I know how to make it less laggy, even ;)