[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

dem0z

Jul 29, 2019
this mod pack is so refreshing i can't stop playing it, i just had to say that, it is heaps of fun for me there's a lot of new mods i never played with and it is actually well balanced i like it :D

Reactions: ChatFawkes

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all I have updated the issue tracker links once again. Sorry for the trouble.

Some ideas...

Redlogic/Bluepower, Railcraft anchors/Dimensional anchor duplicates.
Computercraft recipes are too easy, or Opencomputers?
Falling meteors mod in asteroid dimension, small chance, to hunt for dangerous and rare resources?
Main reason I included RedLogic is because Bluepower is still in beta and not fully functional, but I do like the sorting and other stuff it adds. There is a lot of redundancy in this pack, but the plus side is that it gives you different options for doing things. As for the Railcraft Anchor, it was only enabled so people can make and use anchor carts for trains.

I think the Computercraft recipes are fine. While I do change quite a few recipes, I'm not a fan of changing a lot of recipes "in the name of balance" cause then it ends up becoming tedious instead of fun.

@Assault_Tiger there is no official server, sorry.

Reactions: xaositech

Assault_Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
Got a suggestion, Disable the recipies for multiple ingot types.

E.g. There are 3 types of lead, mekanism, thermal foundation & railcraft, you should disable 2 of these (idealy railcraft & thermal foundation)

xsoulreaper005x

Jul 29, 2019
Umm Im getting an error when i load Flux Galaxy and then try to join a Flux Gakaxy Server... It Says Kicked Whilst Connecting: You Need To Install FML

Assault_Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
Umm Im getting an error when i load Flux Galaxy and then try to join a Flux Gakaxy Server... It Says Kicked Whilst Connecting: You Need To Install FML

You are most likely using a different modpack version than the server, The technic launcher uses different modpack versions than FTB does

Last edited:

Cricha

Jul 29, 2019
We desperately need binnie-mods updated. The genetics part of bees is unusable due to crashes with the incubator.

xaositech

Jul 29, 2019
Idea: AE2 meteors generating only on galacticraft planets?

Offer:
I am making a pack with similar philosophy, a lot of our mods are overlapping.
If you please, I can provide a link for you, to steal from it anything useful for you.
Just for the sake of evilness, and player-tears. ;)

I can recommens looking up my simple recipe-modifications...

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Idea: AE2 meteors generating only on galacticraft planets?

Offer:
I am making a pack with similar philosophy, a lot of our mods are overlapping.
If you please, I can provide a link for you, to steal from it anything useful for you.
Just for the sake of evilness, and player-tears. ;)

I can recommens looking up my simple recipe-modifications...
The AE meteors on the moon is a neat idea, especially if I could get Meteoric Iron to spawn inside them...
I love checking out other people's work, so feel free to link your pack.

@Assault_Tiger sorry no interest in adding that mod.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The AE meteors on the moon is a neat idea, especially if I could get Meteoric Iron to spawn inside them...
I love checking out other people's work, so feel free to link your pack.

@Assault_Tiger sorry no interest in adding that mod.
That DOES sound awesome! :D That way its gated through GC, so you have to get to the moon (for example) before setting up sophisticated Matter-Energy storage. Nice!

And yeah steam power really doesn't sound like it fits with the aesthetic of what you're going for. If you were doing a Jules Verne-esque race to the moon where that or mars were the endgame aims, then yeah - Flaxbeards would be top notch!

xaositech

Jul 29, 2019

Just refreshed a bunch of mods in my pack, then will send over. :)

Error (feature) reports:
-rocketless travel between planets via nether gate glitch
-mekanism teleporter makes rockets obsolete, make the recipe/interdimensional cost insanely hard
-planet boss chests can be acquired by quarries
-elevator recipe: using travel anchors are more effective now
-agricraft weed chance is too high, makes it unplayable
-is the tree crossbreeding set to off? we cannot seemt to be able to do it

Have a nice daycycle, Citizen!

Last edited:

Phreakaphile

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issue with agricraft. I don't know if it is compatible with the harvestcraft seeds but pretty much no matter what I do I am ending up with all weeds all the time. Although I have never played with the mod (it's in a bunch of packs I play) I'm eager to see if it's a derp on my part or a config I can or should tweak.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Just refreshed a bunch of mods in my pack, then will send over. :)

Error (feature) reports:
-rocketless travel between planets via nether gate glitch
-mekanism teleporter makes rockets obsolete, make the recipe/interdimensional cost insanely hard
-planet boss chests can be acquired by quarries
-elevator recipe: using travel anchors are more effective now
-agricraft weed chance is too high, makes it unplayable
-is the tree crossbreeding set to off? we cannot seemt to be able to do it

Have a nice daycycle, Citizen!
I will look into those issues and get back to you when I've addressed them properly. I've been working on Nova Galaxy a lot over the past 3 weeks, so that's why bugs/updates may be getting overlooked here.

I am having an issue with agricraft. I don't know if it is compatible with the harvestcraft seeds but pretty much no matter what I do I am ending up with all weeds all the time. Although I have never played with the mod (it's in a bunch of packs I play) I'm eager to see if it's a derp on my part or a config I can or should tweak.
Yah as mentioned above, I'll look into that (pretty sure it's a config option).

Edit: I've also recently updated my website, which includes the Flux Galaxy page. Let me know if you guys like it. (It was mostly just a Bootstrap template I made some changes too :p)

Reactions: xaositech

Phreakaphile

Jul 29, 2019
Much appreciate the quick response. Love your packs and can't wait to do a let's play on NovaGalaxy once it's out of Alpha. Will it only be available on the technic launcher or FTB as well?