[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
I love redlogic--the Integrated Circuit system is amazing. Shame you don't hear about it more. It's like using computers from OC/CC without having to know Lua.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I love redlogic--the Integrated Circuit system is amazing. Shame you don't hear about it more. It's like using computers from OC/CC without having to know Lua.
It's pretty amazing. The main reason I didn't include that or Immibis microblocks is because we had FMP and Bluepower, and I try my best to avoid having redundant mods (Mekanism is an exception to that :p).

Overall, I've always preferred Immibis Microblocks to FMP because you can easily add support for various cables/conduits to it and it's just better IMO. Some mods have a hard dependancy on FMP so it was required in this pack. Luckily I managed to make Lite Galaxy FMP-less.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
why isnt project red in here instead? isnt it the same as blue power?
Hmm afaik there have been no new versions of bluepower publicly available. It might already be fixed in the latest source on GitHub. I think they haven't pushed a new version because they are working on a new multipart system. I've been debating to just add RedLogic because it's pretty stable (I already am using it in Lite Galaxy :p).

is there a way to send a redstone pulse like how the timer does? I'm trying to automate my endoflame and thats the only way i know to do it.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
why isnt project red in here instead? isnt it the same as blue power?

is there a way to send a redstone pulse like how the timer does? I'm trying to automate my endoflame and thats the only way i know to do it.
Probably with ComputerCraft if you know Lua. From what I remember redstone scripts are pretty easy to do and I'm sure you can find someting on the CC forums.

Alternatively you could just use Redstone Clock from ExU, but that is set to send a pulse only every 1 second.

As for Project Red not being included it was mostly due to my preference of BluePower and I saw no point of including both.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Endoflames are easy to automate using a pressure plate, some Redstone, a chest hopper and open crate. Ore you can make a simple hopper clock as a timer

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
I made an overly complex railcraft cow farm once; I used a cart running through the farm that picked up adult cows, used a detector for adult, and sent them to a lava blade if they were. Cooked beef and leather. You can just pipe down wheat into a RC feeder

Reactions: ChatFawkes

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
I made an overly complex railcraft cow farm once; I used a cart running through the farm that picked up adult cows, used a detector for adult, and sent them to a lava blade if they were. Cooked beef and leather. You can just pipe down wheat into a RC feeder
unfortunately i cant do anything with carts. i play on a server and my last cart project, someone found my base and stole all of my carts.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap that is a brutal way to die xD

Whats a good way to set up a cow farm? i have only ever used MFr for a cow farm.
Lets see there are a couple of ways that I know of:

Thaumcraft (butcher) golems can be researched pretty early on and they can be set to only kill the mature adult animals, while always making sure to leave two behind to keep the breeding going.

EnderIO powered spawner can also be used if you make one that has a cow soul binded to it. Just requires power to spawn the cows.

Those are all I can think of right now, but I'll go in-game and see if I can find some other cool ways of doing it.

Reactions: TDarkShadow

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone who updated to 0.7.3: I messed up the link that I submitted to the FTB 3rd party pack team, so 0.7.3 is actually just 0.7.2. Gonna be pushing out a 0.7.4 to address that issue and sync it up correctly in all the download locations.

Reactions: TDarkShadow

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap that is a brutal way to die xD

Lets see there are a couple of ways that I know of:

Thaumcraft (butcher) golems can be researched pretty early on and they can be set to only kill the mature adult animals, while always making sure to leave two behind to keep the breeding going.

EnderIO powered spawner can also be used if you make one that has a cow soul binded to it. Just requires power to spawn the cows.

Those are all I can think of right now, but I'll go in-game and see if I can find some other cool ways of doing it.

There also Botania. where you have mana pool, with enough mana you get leather from rotten flesh. But that prob for short-term, since you need have steady supply of mana filling up pool for the task..But still another approach. Note : you need a Alchemy Catalyst ,for the task.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Did you get the new forge in the update? My chunk loading times are 2fast4me now.
Nah 0.7.3 was pushed before that update. Also 0.7.3 is actually just 0.7.2 because I derped on the file when I submitted my update post (damn bbcode).

I think I'm going to leave it on Forge 1236 and with the latest CoFHCore we should get the performance boost, but also be able to support Cauldron servers :D

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a Vanilla style cow farm with Botania to kill adult cows, Put cows on top of a floor of fences, feed cows and babies fall through fence, water carries baby cows to another pen far enough away, have the Botania flower that kills adult animals with some mana generation nearby and a hopperhock set up to collect drops into a chest.

Reactions: ChatFawkes

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a Vanilla style cow farm with Botania to kill adult cows, Put cows on top of a floor of fences, feed cows and babies fall through fence, water carries baby cows to another pen far enough away, have the Botania flower that kills adult animals with some mana generation nearby and a hopperhock set up to collect drops into a chest.

That is cool idea. Seems to more to Botania then meets the eye. Just getting cows to stay where they place is tricky part. Escape artist.. lol

Oh Teddy.. Been watching your UT channel on this Mod pack. But you haven't been continue it lately. Well you be updating it, and continue it. Enjoying it so far. Thou I far from what you have done in ur series, from my SSP world.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
That is cool idea. Seems to more to Botania then meets the eye. Just getting cows to stay where they place is tricky part. Escape artist.. lol

Oh Teddy.. Been watching your UT channel on this Mod pack. But you haven't been continue it lately. Well you be updating it, and continue it. Enjoying it so far. Thou I far from what you have done in ur series, from my SSP world.

Bentley cam down with the Flu so we weren't able to record, now xmas time is here. Hopefully we will have some content before new years.