[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
"However, one thing that is unique is the space-based progression implemented."
that alone sold the pack to me, though i haven't started playing it. i like this kind of progression more then quests. i'm waiting for the next(?) version which you said will include Harvestcraft. then this pack will be splendid!
I'm hoping to send 0.6pre1 to the modpack team as a non-recommended tonight :)

Reactions: Yarma92

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hoping to send 0.6pre1 to the modpack team as a non-recommended tonight :)
And here I just updated to 0.5.11 oh well. One of these days I will get flowers on the moon!

Also I don't know if this has been suggested before, but have you considered pneumaticraft? I think it would fit the theme of this pack quite well.

Last edited:

insomx

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys after creating 3 worlds and being lucky in the first one to go to the moon, in the second one i have yet to find a single ender lilly seed. I have put 50+ hrs into the second world upgraded all things i could with the only 2 pearls(!!) i found in a dungeon chest. And no matter how many dungeons i crawl those chests dont contain ender lilly seeds or no pearls which makes it insanely difficult to get ender pearls considering there is no MFR auto spawners :( And i hate hunting outside for endermen :( And i also i realized there is no structures (dungeon-like and ships) and non-village houses with chests overland like in Karma Modpack. Do you know which mod adds those overland structures (houses, ships, dungeons above the land or ocean etc) with chests where you find more lilly seeds?

Since there are no over-world dungeons i searched like 10 hours for dungeons underground and no luck still with the ender lilly seeds. :(

So anyone has an idea or having the same problem let me know if there is solution to this issue cause i seem to be stuck in this world which i created with a big hype.
Also i mentioned in one of my earlier posts about the bug that happens when you open the nasa workbench and close it all the mats are gone for good. Has it been reproduced or fixed ?
TL;dr Please help me about how to find the lilly seeds first, however, thanks bunch.

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys after creating 2 worlds and being lucky in the first one to go to the moon, in the second one i have yet to find a single ender lilly seed. I have put 50+ hrs into the second world upgraded all things except 2 pearls i found in a dungeon chest. And no matter how many dungeons i crawl those chests dont contain ender lilly seeds which makes it insanely difficult to get ender pearls considering there is no MFR auto spawners :(
So anyone has an idea or having the same problem let me know if there is solution to this issue cause i seem to be stuck in this world which i created with a big hype.
Also i mentioned in one of my earlier posts about the bug that happens when you open the nasa workbench and close it all the mats are gone for good. Has it been reproduced or fixed ?
Please help me about the lilly seeds thanks.
I did try to reproduce the NASA workbench bug, but I never lost the items because they just fell out when I closed the GUI.

As for the lily seeds in dungeons, that is probably just RNG being an ass :/. Not much I can say except that you try looking for more dungeons.

I'd suggest making The Ender sword from EnderIO and try to kill some Enderman or Enderminies with it. The sword guarantees 1 enderpearl if you kill them using it.

As for autospawners check out the powered spawner from EnderIO. You can create one for any mob, similar to the MFR autospawner. Unfortunately for Enderman spawner you will probably need enderpearls for all the machines required to create it.

Hope this helps!

HertelD

Jul 29, 2019
And here I just updated to 0.5.11 oh well. One of these days I will get flowers on the moon!

Also I don't know if this has been suggested before, but have you considered pneumaticraft? I think it would fit the theme of this pack quite well.

yeah, i think so too, but that needs additional config to be fitted in the progression chain. hmm, i think replacing Tin Gear with PneumaticCraft's Printed Circuit Board could do the trick (like in Crash Landing). hint ^_^

skyblade22

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys after creating 3 worlds and being lucky in the first one to go to the moon, in the second one i have yet to find a single ender lilly seed. I have put 50+ hrs into the second world upgraded all things i could with the only 2 pearls(!!) i found in a dungeon chest. And no matter how many dungeons i crawl those chests dont contain ender lilly seeds or no pearls which makes it insanely difficult to get ender pearls considering there is no MFR auto spawners :( And i hate hunting outside for endermen :( And i also i realized there is no structures (dungeon-like and ships) and non-village houses with chests overland like in Karma Modpack. Do you know which mod adds those overland structures (houses, ships, dungeons above the land or ocean etc) with chests where you find more lilly seeds?

Since there are no over-world dungeons i searched like 10 hours for dungeons underground and no luck still with the ender lilly seeds. :(

TL;dr Please help me about how to find the lilly seeds first, however, thanks bunch.
I don't think it's a bug, I'm finding tons of ender lily seeds in chests all over

insomx

Jul 29, 2019
As for autospawners check out the powered spawner from EnderIO. You can create one for any mob, similar to the MFR autospawner. Unfortunately for Enderman spawner you will probably need enderpearls for all the machines required to create it.

Hold on you mean i can create a powered spawner from ender IO which spawns Endermen? How ?[DOUBLEPOST=1413965578][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw i have a suggestion for a new mod ive seen in Crack Pack 2 while tibbzeh was streaming it. The mod's name is Flaxbeard's Steam Power
It looks a lot fun to me and seems to not conflict with other mods
Just my 2 cents for this nice modpack you created mr chat fawkes

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Changelogs have now been moved to the website: http://fluxgalaxy.com

Hold on you mean i can create a powered spawner from ender IO which spawns Endermen? How ?[DOUBLEPOST=1413965578][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw i have a suggestion for a new mod ive seen in Crack Pack 2 while tibbzeh was streaming it. The mod's name is Flaxbeard's Steam Power
It looks a lot fun to me and seems to not conflict with other mods
Just my 2 cents for this nice modpack you created mr chat fawkes
You need to capture an enderman in a soul vessel and then bind it to a powered spawner using the soul binder. If you find a natural enderman spawner, you could also combine that in anvil with a powered spawner to get one. I think with the Splice N Slice you can convert spawners from one mob to another.

Regarding FSP, I haven't gotten to actually mess around in-depth with it, but it looks really cool and I'll definitely check it out; same goes for Pneumaticraft. I don't want to add too many mods xD.

insomx

Jul 29, 2019
Also I want to note that I have begun streaming this modpack in twitch and telling people i know about it in twitch. They all like the idea of having to go to moon for your first press in AE2.
In the stream, Yesterday, i have searched for lillies and today i will search for dungeons for some more, and if i cant find it i will switch to endermen hunt for the time being and then i will go to nether for ardite/cobalt mining. The stream will last 5-6 hours approx between 5 hours from now till 11 hrs from now
You are free to come and say hi or even lurk in stream!
My twitch link is same: insomx !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TristanTheViking

Jul 29, 2019
Looked at the 0.6 change log. I don't think Project E would be a good addition at this point, unless you do some serious balance changes. Also, it's still in alpha and pretty buggy, afaiik. Maybe make it an optional mod like witchery?

Jul 29, 2019
I second Tristan. EE2 mods need to be carefully looked at to make sure they fit in the pack. One of the TPPI pack devs is also making an EE2 mod for 1.7.10, and doesn't want to add to TPPI, for this reason. Thus far, as my first 1.7.10 experience, I love Flux Galaxy. Try not to get too carried away with mod creep/bloat ;P. I think there is a good balance with what you have done so far. If you do decid to add more mods, try to keep it in theme with Flux Galaxy! Right now, it seems that many 1.7.10 packs are beginning to turn into kitchen sinks packs. People are just so excited at all the cool stuff 1.7.10 is bringing, and we should be. It's all awesome.

Sorry for my rant.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Also I want to note that I have begun streaming this modpack in twitch and telling people i know about it in twitch. They all like the idea of having to go to moon for your first press in AE2.
In the stream, Yesterday, i have searched for lillies and today i will search for dungeons for some more, and if i cant find it i will switch to endermen hunt for the time being and then i will go to nether for ardite/cobalt mining. The stream will last 5-6 hours approx between 5 hours from now till 11 hrs from now
You are free to come and say hi or even lurk in stream!
My twitch link is same: insomx !

Cool! I'll definitely check out your stream when you're live.

Looked at the 0.6 change log. I don't think Project E would be a good addition at this point, unless you do some serious balance changes. Also, it's still in alpha and pretty buggy, afaiik. Maybe make it an optional mod like witchery?
I second Tristan. EE2 mods need to be carefully looked at to make sure they fit in the pack. One of the TPPI pack devs is also making an EE2 mod for 1.7.10, and doesn't want to add to TPPI, for this reason. Thus far, as my first 1.7.10 experience, I love Flux Galaxy. Try not to get too carried away with mod creep/bloat ;P. I think there is a good balance with what you have done so far. If you do decid to add more mods, try to keep it in theme with Flux Galaxy! Right now, it seems that many 1.7.10 packs are beginning to turn into kitchen sinks packs. People are just so excited at all the cool stuff 1.7.10 is bringing, and we should be. It's all awesome.

Sorry for my rant.
Well I did make it so you can only start using ProjectE stuff after you travel all the way to Asteroids (items require asteroid rock and titanium). I guess I can make a strawpoll if people want it or not.

Ravengerx78

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help, it appears that 5.11 fixed most of our issues. I'm trying to do a few tweaks on the server, can you tell me how to re-enable the recipe for the Steve's Carts chunkloader?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help, it appears that 5.11 fixed most of our issues. I'm trying to do a few tweaks on the server, can you tell me how to re-enable the recipe for the Steve's Carts chunkloader?
Go to StevesCarts.cfg and at line 18 set ChunkLoader=false to true

Jul 29, 2019
Well I did make it so you can only start using ProjectE stuff after you travel all the way to Asteroids (items require asteroid rock and titanium). I guess I can make a strawpoll if people want it or not.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of the balancing you put into it. Also, I don't mean to sound like a debbie downer. Thanks again for the effort in putting this pack together.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019

Try the Viniculinum and Bellathorne from botania. One causes any enderman teleporting nearby to end up at the plant. the other kills them. Use a hopperhock to collect the drops. Endermen can drop the seeds occaisionally

insomx

Jul 29, 2019
Yarma thanks for this nice info. I didnt know endermen dropped lilly seeds, if that's the case then i could simply go for an ender hunt in a desert and could collect me some seeds. But i will definitely learn and apply botania tactic in the evening stream today.