[1.7.10] Engineer's Toolbox - Now with programmable sockets!

DreamSmith

Jul 29, 2019
What is the RF transmission rates for the RF pipes and modules?
I'm currently feeding my hydro-electric dam power across the top layer of modules into Flux pipe, but I have machines running out of power and modules in the dam still full of power.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Avoid loops wherever possible, have each hydro feed into the next and use 1 flux pipe connection. I found the pipe great for a long single run, but when you want to split power up use TE conduits or equivalant. I usually place a output on the top and the side towards my base and an input on the bottom and side facing away from the base. That way the power eventually gets to the top corner of the mass of dams

Reactions: ShneekeyTheLost

DreamSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks tedyhere, no loops, no splits. Only 1 output per dam, toward output layer, and on output layer towards output. Still have 10k+ stockpiled in the dam and an inactive EU converter. Only passes a grinder and multi-smelter.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Could you give me the general layout? How many dams? How long is the cable and where are the grinder and multismelter and the Converter at? I will reproduce the setup and see what I can come up with

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
are there any plans on adding an option to rotate your modular sockets? I know you can pick your socket up, place it somewhere else, apply some changes, pick it up again and place it back on it's original spot, but I'd also like the option of just rotating your socket, apply some changes, and rotate it back to it's original direction...

if there's worry that when rotating the socket, that the socket will do things it shouldn't do to certain sides of the socket you could perhaps add some sort of lockdown mode to the remote that with one click the socket will completely lock up, instead of locking up specific sides of the sockets

also, is it possible to use the redstone pulse from the timer module inside the socket itself? I'm trying to create a ground limestone dropped with the activator/timer module, but I can't seem to get the activator module to pulse with the timer module... I know I can place 2 sockets besides eachother... but I want to have it as compact as possible

I also was thinking... would it be possible to use the inventory module in one socket, showing the inventory of another socket?

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
What is the RF transmission rates for the RF pipes and modules?
I'm currently feeding my hydro-electric dam power across the top layer of modules into Flux pipe, but I have machines running out of power and modules in the dam still full of power.

Not nearly high enough to put up with my awful textures. I'd recommend just using the Thermal Expansion conduits as my pipes are really only added for completeness, they were never going to be the best solution.

Does Gascraft support reto-gen of the shale resources?
It ONLY supports retro-gen.

are there any plans on adding an option to rotate your modular sockets? I know you can pick your socket up, place it somewhere else, apply some changes, pick it up again and place it back on it's original spot, but I'd also like the option of just rotating your socket, apply some changes, and rotate it back to it's original direction...

if there's worry that when rotating the socket, that the socket will do things it shouldn't do to certain sides of the socket you could perhaps add some sort of lockdown mode to the remote that with one click the socket will completely lock up, instead of locking up specific sides of the sockets

also, is it possible to use the redstone pulse from the timer module inside the socket itself? I'm trying to create a ground limestone dropped with the activator/timer module, but I can't seem to get the activator module to pulse with the timer module... I know I can place 2 sockets besides eachother... but I want to have it as compact as possible

I also was thinking... would it be possible to use the inventory module in one socket, showing the inventory of another socket?

Rotating is something I might think about, but I'm really not sure it's worth the trouble of implementing and supporting it. Not to mention the issue you brought up. A "lock down" mode would require a lot of work to implement and would probably cause more issues than it might solve.

None of the timer-based modules can send an internal redstone signal as all the internal redstone channels are being used to control the timer. You'll either need to use a second socket (what I usually do), or run some cabling from the timer face to a redstone input face.

Sockets interacting like that isn't something that will ever happen.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Engineer's Toolbox 1.1.7.0, Emasher Resource 1.2.2.0, and GasCraft 2.0.4.0 are now out.

I know there are a few things that aren't exactly self explanatory in the new updates. I should have the new information on the wiki soon

sadris

Jul 29, 2019
Flux energy pipe transmission rate was increased by a factor of 8x in most recent version it appears. Thanks!

sadris

Jul 29, 2019
Each pipe could hold a maximum of 1000rf per tick, now it can hold 8000rf. Energy is only transmitted once per 8 ticks, as before. So a maximum of 1000/tick, up from 125/tick.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Engineer's Toolbox 1.1.7.1 and GasCraft 2.0.4.1 are now out. Both just contain minor bugfixes.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Updates for Emasher Resource, Engineer's Toolbox, and GasCraft.

I've added some new stuff to algae. There's now an item that you can make that will kill patches of algae (although, you have to wait a little while for the dead stuff to go away after). The item is made by combining a copper ingot and gunpowder in the multi-smelter. There's also a new form of algae called super algae (the name might change) which gives 3 times as much hydrogen when used in the photobioreactor, and is required for making neurotoxin. You get super algae by growing normal algae on a new fluid called nutrient water, which can be made in the mixer by combining bone meal and water. There's only a 5% chance of algae growing into super algae though. and you need to grow the super algae on nutrient water, otherwise, there is a high chance it will just grow normal algae.

I've also made some changes to gases. Nether Plasma now smelts blocks adjacent to it if they can be smelted, and both Nether Plasma and Corrosive gas can burn through certain types of blocks (never blocks with TileEntities though). Obviously Nether Plasma can burn through more different types of blocks.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
It's a new gas that was introduced in GasCraft 2.0.4.0. It's an extremely hot gas, and when iron blocks are exposed to it, they turn into steel blocks. It can also be used in a Plasma Reactor (module). The other tanks of the socket must have Hydrogen and Propellent in the in order for the reactor to work, and it uses quite a bit of them, but then it also produces 256 RF/t. It's obtained by fracking shale plasma blocks found on the lower bedrock in the nether. Instead of using water or slickwater, you have to use lava.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
God, now I have to rethink my whole module tutorial series. I was JUST getting ready to finish power modules.. but now I need to learn about Plasma Reactors.