[1.7.10] Death's Hardcore Pack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
It's not disabled. Make the Witchs' brews Book and it tells you how to make it.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Should've checked wiki first :rolleyes:. The other thing disabled seemed Breath of the Goddess in Witches Oven (using Birch sapling), or am I'm missing out something again?

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
It still works. It's not a 100% chance though remember that. I got my first goddess on the 5th sapling.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Gave the pack a try now but my PC couldn't handle it too well. First time I tried FastCraft and that did the job. But now it seems my client goes all unresponsive and locks up every time those fireworks show up after getting an achievement. I tried searching a bit but could not find yet which mod or config file I have to dig in this disable this stuff. I'd help me a lot.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Gave the pack a try now but my PC couldn't handle it too well. First time I tried FastCraft and that did the job. But now it seems my client goes all unresponsive and locks up every time those fireworks show up after getting an achievement. I tried searching a bit but could not find yet which mod or config file I have to dig in this disable this stuff. I'd help me a lot.

In TTcore config try changing this to false.
# The way the game should have been made.
B:superDuperFunMode=true

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty neat modpack. I've been looking for a challenge :3
Suggestion though, remove Journey Map and replace it with Antique Atlas and maybe get Agricraft? It's for more challenge :D

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Will look into that. And a I was just thinking about no map. Make people use the vanilla map

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty neat modpack. I've been looking for a challenge :3
Suggestion though, remove Journey Map and replace it with Antique Atlas and maybe get Agricraft? It's for more challenge :D

I may consider adding Agricraft but as aknot said we are thinking about no map. i'm always opened for suggestions tho to make the pack hard but not impossible to play.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone out there have a few ideas of changes they would like to see? Right now we are trying to make the game less computer heavy so everyone with not so good computers can play it. Any recipe changes that you think might fit in with the mod pack? Somethings that are to easy to get? Or even mods you want added or taken away? Any and all ideas will be discussed with the team.

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone out there have a few ideas of changes they would like to see? Right now we are trying to make the game less computer heavy so everyone with not so good computers can play it. Any recipe changes that you think might fit in with the mod pack? Somethings that are to easy to get? Or even mods you want added or taken away? Any and all ideas will be discussed with the team.

Well I got Chocolate Quest to work nicely without much problems (other than items dropped on the ground when the structures spawn xD)
Also I got other dungeon mods to work along Chocolate Quest soooo xD
I would like to see adventure mods added. Other than that, less passive lycanite mob spawn would be nice. Most of my lag comes from too much passive lycanite mobs ._.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played much yet and didn't start with AM2 just yet either but I noticed by just mowing some grass that I was getting quite a bunch of the required flowers for AM2. Am I being lucky or are the chances pretty high? I can't find the odds in the config files anywhere but if I weren't lucky then it might be a bit too high chance of getting these in my eyes.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
The flowers help with AM2 but to me they are not a make or break for it. You need a lot more stuff to get AM2 working besides those flowers. We will look at the config though and see if it needs to be changed.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
There's indeed more required than those easy flowers, that's true. I guess it's okai to make those not too rare then and leave it like this for now. I just remember in TPPI mod pack I had to make tons of mystcraft ages to get a few flower to make one spell. Having them available here through manual labor (at start) makes up for that.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Well I got Chocolate Quest to work nicely without much problems (other than items dropped on the ground when the structures spawn xD)
Also I got other dungeon mods to work along Chocolate Quest soooo xD
I would like to see adventure mods added. Other than that, less passive lycanite mob spawn would be nice. Most of my lag comes from too much passive lycanite mobs ._.

Have you gotten a crash to desktop yet with Chocolate Quest installed? And have you tried exploring a large area in creative? I am testing it right now and I get crashed so wondering if its just me or if its actually Chocolate Quest.

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Have you gotten a crash to desktop yet with Chocolate Quest installed? And have you tried exploring a large area in creative? I am testing it right now and I get crashed so wondering if its just me or if its actually Chocolate Quest.
About the crash, try going to the Chocolate folder on the config file and under the DungeonConfig open the test.prop file with a notepad and set the chance to 0.
That should fix it hopefully.

I tested it and aside from some random drops (which are mostly seeds) it seems to be working fine. I even set some custom chest loot for it ^^