[1.7.10] Death's Hardcore Pack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

FishyFishFishing

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, works now! :) Only other issue I see is that the version on the launcher is listed as 1.5.1. I know you just uploaded 1.5.5, and I'm not sure if that is because FTB hasn't updated. In the modpack folder the readme version is 1.5.1 as well.

Last edited:

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Why is bed disabled from crafting? Sleeping bag blows =(

Ghosts are shooting fear way too fast.

Last edited:

Jupither

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.5.1 one could used carpenters beds, but in 1.5.5 I think I can only find a bed as dungeon loot.
This may be a miss when Carpenters mod was taken out?

UPD: in Aknots VOD at 1:55h there is a crafting of a bed. Mayby just a NEI bug?

Last edited:

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
if i have to i will send out an update with the bed crafting fixed. i took out carpenters blocks because it caused too much lag, as well as other mods because they were useless.

Jupither

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming there will be the normal updates as packs gets updated and bugs found - just take this in next batch?

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
So mekanism has a bug. In order to fix it for now go into your scripts folder and delete the one that says Mekanism-IC2. Then either restart minecraft or do /mt reload in game for the changed to take place.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Guess I'll start out Hardcore, I only wish the recipes weren't so tedious (yes, they are not "hardcore", but tedious). Going to finish Digital Miner (found a Nether Iridium ) and kill Wither (already have 3 skulls) somewhere later on my SC world, sucks that I have only 10 Pinky meat for Burritos.

Also please balance Spriggans, Ghosts and Chupacabras. Spriggans are shooting too fast (one beam kills you, and they're unkillable in early stages of the game, as they fly up on hit), Ghosts using their fear with too little delay and Chupacabras are moving way, way too fast making them OP (charging you in and out, you're mostly unable to hit them due to their speed).

I think that pushing "difficulty" through "nerfing" recipes is rather lazy approach to making a pack actually hard. What would make it harder is implementing HQM, through which you can not only push challenging/rewarding goals (incentivising exploration (would require small nerf to Infernal mobs), making full-out-underground-pussy-mode not the only option ), but also give players a goal (as for now it's rather "fucking around", "for what am I doing this"). With HQM you can make/propose players to explore everything, if not most of what the pack offers/developers are trying to achieve with the pack.

Last edited:

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
its time to mention that i am completely redoing the pack with HQM. it will be a brand new pack. Also there will be no lycinate mobs but instead there will be gregtech. more information to come. Also if you would like to help with the new development of the pack please go to the pack github and put in your ideas for mod, quests, recipes, etc. I will do my best to implement your ideas into the pack. This update will not go public until i feel that this pack is 100% Hardcore and balanced and complete. Thank you everyone for the support, see you soon.

forgot to mention that anyone who helps will be credited on this forum until the end of time

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Since I don't have much time to play anymore and notice the pack is getting an overhaul I would like to say good luck guys. Update 1.5.5 was pretty nice despite I didn't get to play it very much. I hope it only gets better and I find free time to give it a shot one day again. :)

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
Update: The map is 75% complete, Balance is at 20%, and quests are at 0%. There is much work that needs to be done, i wouldn't expect this update until late march early april.

I would like to announce that i am opening my server up to people. If you would like to test the 1.6 update please sign up here: Dragon-Nation-Server

Don't forget any suggestions you have to make this pack even better, you can submit them here: Deaths-Hardcore-Questing-Pack

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Can seem to play the pack fine now in 1.5.5 after disabling fireworks from achievements. With that enabled my fps is stuck low even if the effect is long gone. Though could someone point me where to find a error log from last session? Just now my client closed without any popup of an error of some sorts. I don't want to reboot the client yet in case it would reset any important logs you guys might need.

/edit
Think I found them. Opened up latest.log in the logs folder.
part 1: http://pastebin.com/jz23sTT0
part 2: http://pastebin.com/gqD4xLE4

/edit
Loaded up the world several hours later and the client instantly closed again. Loading up again right after that it seemed to be fine for a minute and the client went poof very shortly after.
part 1: http://pastebin.com/e9YENXcc
part 2: http://pastebin.com/b1uKafWH

Last edited:

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully we will be uploading the server files with the next patch. I know people out there have already made servers so feel free to ask around on what to do.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
I've given up on this version of the pack again. Still getting slowdowns with crafting tables and lots of crashes regarding the error in my previous post. Since work is dominating my free time again I'll wait for the next version with HQM. But that one won't show up soon I guess?