[1.7.10] Celestial Craft - Different Type of Mod

HalestormXV

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there. So I posted in my introduction how I was working on a New Mod and I was going to make a post about it once I got comfortable with its state. I would just like to note that this mod is still a Work In Progress and I am actively developing it. But I want to let people become aware of it.

I saw other people post their mods here so I figured it was allowed. If it isn't then please just remove/don't approve this post.

I really do like constructive criticism. And this community just like the Minecraft Forums one seems to be really good at giving that. So please I welcome it. I also welcome suggestions.

This is my first mod and I am a firm believer that Mods are made for the community and the community feedback is just as important as the mod author's ideas. Anyway it is called Celestial Craft.
9OPjkLa.png

ehwf5jl.png

Celestial Craft is my very first mod for Minecraft. I have been following and playing Minecraft since its early Alpha Stages. Minecraft is in and of itself amazing. Once modding took off I was even more impressed. I have the utmost respect for modders of both plugins and mods. I decided I wanted to try and become a modder. I have some background experience in Code but NOT java. My experience lies in PhP, C++, Lua. Java is new and foreign to me but I wanted to be able to Mod. I wanted to be able to test myself and learn something new. So thus project Celestial Craft was developed and given life.

The idea was a combination. It came from me wanting to learn how to mod and helping my custom modded server. I have a mod pack that centers around the Anime Series: Fairy Tail. Now in the pack you are a magician and you learn and create your own spells and explore the lands of Fairy Tail. An actual replication of Magnolia is your start point and the "adventure" map is the continent of Fiore.

So where does Celestial Craft come into play? Well my server population knew that Fairy Tail was meant to give a similar experience to adventuring in the world of Fairy Tail but that it was almost impossible to replicate it since almost no mods exist for it. However they appreciated the work I put into the Modpack and love it. But they had one request. "Halestorm, we should find a way to summon Celestial Spirits." That was it, that was the point where I said you know what, I want to learn modding and I want to support my players. So Celestial Craft was born.

I0eluTC.png

The theme of Celestial Craft is well......Celestial. I designed the mod with a totally biased attitude but managed to encompass neutrality into it. In other words users of the Mod who have NO idea what Fairy Tail is, will still be able to play with the Mod and understand its theme and usage. The mod focuses around Celestial Power/Energy. By harnessing the Celestial Energies you are able to summon Spirit Guardians via Celestial Keys. There are three tiers of Keys ranging in strength. They are, from lowest to highest, Silver, Gold, Black. The Gold Tier keys are the signs of the Zodiac.

The mod also will introduce the Celestial Dimension which is home to spirits along with other new creatures and Biomes. The overall theme of the pack is Celestial Magic. There are a number of new Celestial Tools and armor that you can craft. Equipping a full set of Celestial Armor for example will give you a set bonus. So the theme is just a "Magical Fun Theme" I guess you can say. However, I have made it a point to try and make this balanced as well.

cOMYqjb.png

This is my first mod. I am still brand new to all of this. So the Celestial Craft energy system is fairly basic. There is an item that is used as the "Celestial Power" this item is required to be in your inventory in order for other items to function. For example and item in this mod is called the "Celestial Grenade." The Celestial Grenade will do nothing without having "Star Shards" in your inventory. The ration is 1:1. In other words, in order to actually use one Celestial Grenade you need one Star Shard in your inventory. As I said, this is my first mod. So I don't know how to implement all that other fancy stuff just yet and probably for purposes of this mod won't need to. Summoning spirits requires a different type of energy, however it is still the same concept of an item requirement.

OqsxN6K.png

uuFnuHH.png

Cns3G8V.png

VOL261w.png

pNG5H5m.png

NOTES:
This mod is being actively developed. This is my first mod so I am by no means a pro. Stuff will break. Stuff may not work correctly. This is a learning experience for me. I will be honest. I may not know how to answer all of your questions, but I will do the best I can and I will try to learn more. Currently I am a Law Student at a Law School working to become a lawyer, my time is limited but I still manage to work on this and will continue to do so.

You are welcome to post suggestions and I will be happy to add them if I can. However just to note, a lot of this is already mapped out and I have a set schedule to it. What does that mean? That means please feel free to post suggestions but if you see an update come out and your suggestions is not in there, although I may have said I will add it, do not get insulted as it simply means I had different plans for that version of the mod.

This mod is meant for post game, after defeating the Wither. Some items require a nether-star. (My recipes hook into NEI so you can view them with that). As it is a post-game mod you may see some new monsters that utterly destroy you roaming the world. That is the intention. They are not "overpowered." They are intended to kill you quite quickly.

CHANGELOG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5221303/Celestial Craft/CHANGELOG.txt

LICENCE
Mod Packs

The code and other assets of the Celestial Craft Mod for Minecraft, in source and binary form, are the intellectual property of HalestormXV. See below for copyright, terms and conditions.

As long as all of the following conditions are met, you may include the Celestial Craft Mod for Minecraft in your mod pack:

1. PM me on Minecraft Forums to indicate your intent to add Celestial Craft to your mod pack and include the name of the mod pack with a link to it. (I am curious to know what it will be used with/in. You MUST wait for my permission.)
  2. You must give very visible credit to the author of the mod: HalestormXV.
  3. You cannot claim that you made any part of the Celestial Craft mod.
  4. Your mod pack must provide a link back to the Celestial Craft Minecraft Forum thread: HERE.
  5. You (and any affiliates) cannot make money off of, or as a result of, the mod pack.
  6. If you are asked by me to remove the mod from your mod pack (via email, PM on this or the Minecraft Forum site, notice on the Celestial Craft Minecraft Forum thread, or otherwise), you will do so within twenty days. After such notice you (and your affiliates) may no longer add Celestial Craft to any mod pack until explicit permission is subsequently given.
  7. These conditions may change from time to time without notice and you will ensure you remain in compliance with them.
  8. You and your users will agree to, and abide by, the Terms & Conditions in the following section.
Terms & Conditions
0. Used Terms
Mod - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
Mojang - Mojang AB
Owner - HalestormXV, original author of the Mod. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula) the Owner has full rights over their Mod, in both binary and source form, despite use of Mojang code.
User - End user of the Mod, person installing the Mod.

1. Liability
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.

2. Use
Use of this Mod to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the User without restriction.

3. Redistribution / Mod Packs
This Mod may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the Owner solely. All mirrors of thisMod must have advance written permission from the Owner. ANY attempts to make money off of this Mod (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN without advance written permission, and the Ownermay claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.Mod packsmay only include this Mod if they first receive permission from the Owner. All mod packs with permission to distribute the Mod, must ensure that they comply with, and ensure all users of their mod packs agree to, these terms. The Owner reserves the right to remove permission given to a mod pack to distribute the Mod, given a notice period of twenty (20) days.

4. Derivative Works / Modification
This Mod may not be decompiled, reproduced and/or modified under any circumstances without prior written permission of the Owner. This Mod is not open source.

DOWNLOAD
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/235297-celestial-craft

Last edited:

HalestormXV

Jul 29, 2019
Celestial Craft has officially been pushed to version 1.0.0. This is the initial release candidate of the mod. It has gone under extensive testing and is quite stable to my knowledge.

CHANGELOG (Brace Yourself as it is a Big One)
Code:
- Updated all recipes in Celestial Craft
- Implemented Unique Celestial Craft crafting manager for mid tier and upper tier recipes
- All Celestial Spirit Keys have been implemented and are available with the exception of Sagittarius.
- New World Drop Item added. Spirit Essence. This item is used for all mid tier and high tier crafting and is only obtained via world drops.
- Updated Celestial craft configs for adjustable drop percentage of Spirit Essence as Well as adjustable DimensionID for the Celestial Dimension
- Revamped all Celestial Craft weapons and gave them new textures cutesy of some awesome texture artists.
- Created a new Celestial Weapon Class so damage calculation between tools and weapons is independent
- Created a Sub Celestial Weapon Class for Gunblades.
- Implemented Celestial Gunblade which is a duel purpose weapon with both ranged attack capability and melee capability.
- Celestial Gunblade ranged damage is determined by your Celestial Power (XP) as well as the distance the projectile has traveled
- Celestial Spirit Libra - has the ability while summoned to apply a slowing effect to all living entities around her with the exception of her and her owner.
- Celestial Spirit Scorpio - has the ability while summoned to apply a poison effect to all living entities around him with the exception of him and the his owner.
- Implemented the Celestial Forge which is a 5x5 Crafting Table that is used to craft mid-high tiered items.
- Reworked and Re-coded the Celestial Furnace. The celestial furnace now has two different modes Celestial Smelting and Standard Smelting. Celestial Smelting uses its own FurnaceHandler and is used to smelt/charge certain items unique to the Celestial Craft mod. A Celestial Smelt mode is indicated by the flames on the furnace turning blue and having a drastic decrease in Smelting Speed. Standard Smelting mode will continue to smelt rapidly as well as triple ore production.
- Celestial Keys - "Form a Contract" with their owner and cannot be used by other individuals. Each key also tracks how many times it has been used to summon a spirit. These values will reset if the Celestial Wizard break their contract (Player loses or destroys the key)
- The Celestial Gunblade will bind itself to its user. If another user attempted to use the Gunblade it will destroy itself due to an unstable mix of Celestial Energy from different partners.
- The Celestial Sword has had its damage increased to 15 however it is no longer enchant-able.
- Lunar Spirits have had a rework
- Cyclops have had a rework and will not drop diamonds so often.
- Celestial Gunblade has a ranged cooldown indicated by the item itself when used in range mode.
- Implementation of Celestial Talismans. The Celestial Talismans are used to form the Celestial Key along with a Keyshaft.
- Celestial Ingots can now be turned into Celestial Ingot Blocks and Back Again.
- Celestial Dimension Biomes spawning in the Nether should now be resolved.

Some Videos:

Last edited:
Reactions: Wraithflay

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
I was checking out this mod, and it's pretty cool, but the textures are to high resolution and they look kinda weird in a game that uses 16x16 textures. Cool mod though :3

HalestormXV

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I really really kinda regret going high resolution out the box at this point in time lol. But at the time that just seemed right and matched a current texture pack i used. And it was one of those situations where I have used the texture pack so much that I almost forgot Minecraft was 16x16 :p However if anyone wants to do 16x16 I am more than happy to swap em out lol and have the High Res images as an alternative.

But regardless thank you for the compliments. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

HalestormXV

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Updated to 1.0.4

CHANGELOG
-Updated Item and Block Localization
-Added in Celestial Curing Stone which removes all effects from a player
-Added in Celestial Diamond - used to create normal diamonds
-Added in Celestial Gem Stone - used to create Celestial Diamonds
-Added in Celestial Gem Fragment - new world drop used to create Celestial Gem Stones
-Cleaned Up Config Files and added in option to adjust the Celestial Gem Fragment Drop Percent
-As I am now comfortable with the state of the Celestial Dimension I have allowed entry into it. However, this entry is only accessible via creative as there is nothing yet available within it as for that is for future updates.

HalestormXV

Jul 29, 2019
For those that follow this mod I have updated it. It took some time yes but this was because I made an effort to support its Standalone usage. And that invovled ALOT of config editing. This mod has some expensive recipes in it mainly because I geared it as a supplement to other modpacks, however many people requested that I made it more standalone friendly and thus I delivered.

Version 1.0.5 - Celestial Gifts Update Part 1

Features:
- Celestial Spirits will grant you rewards if you have used them over a period of time. Currently, Aries, Leo, Aquarius, and Taurus will give you gifts. Remaining spirits will have gifts added in future updates. There will be 4 new gifts per update. In two more updates all 12 spirits will grant gifts.
- Configuration Overhaul - in an effort to make this mod more standalone friendly, certain items now have "cheap recipe" modes that can be activated via the configs.

Bug Fixes:
- The dreaded Shift-Click and items disappear from Celestial Forge has been fixed. (Pay attention to your slot numbers Hale!)
- Custom Mobs should now respect the sound settings.

Added:
- New music disc
- Added Celestial Shears
- Added Loki's Judgment
- Added Taurus's Axe
- Added Aquarius's Urn

VIDEO EXAMPLES OF UPDATE

HalestormXV

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.0.6 - Celestial Gifts Update Part 2
http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/235297-celestial-craft

Added:
- Libra's Balance - utilizes Libra's power to slow all entities around you and speed you up.
- Scorpio's Venom - utilizes Scorpio's power to poison all surrounding entities and inflict weakness on them.
- Pisces Emblem - give infinite water-breathing while in inventory. Upon usage will grant Resistance and Night Vision, Haste, Resistance. All buffs are beyond the strength level of potions and calculate the amount of time you charged the emblem to apply it to each effect.
- Sword of the Gemini - A one-of-a-kind weapon added to Celestial Craft. It features the ability to alter its form with right-click. This means that you cannot block with the Sword of the Gemini.
- Yang Form - is used for support while equipped. The Yang form of the blade applies weakness and resistance to the player while equipped however procs a chance to heal the player on hit for a flat amount of life.
- Yin Form - is used for raw power while equipped. The Yin form of the blade applies strength and hunger to the player while equipped however procs a chance to wither the enemy on hit.​

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a mis-configuration with the Cheap Recipe version of the Celestial Key-shaft
- Completely forgot to activate the BiomeID configuration code for the Celestial Dimension Biomes. Now you can assign ID numbers to the two Biomes in the Celestial Dimension to avoid conflicts with other mods.