[1.7.10] Boundless Expanse-A different take on FTB Infinity

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the plug Bluedog. I'm mostly a TFC player, but I have been following this pack for a while and even was testing it out before I decided to start a youtube channel. Hopefully I can do the pack justice in the series.

No problem thanks for your support

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed one odd recipe issue in 1.3.5. The magma crucible requires a redstone transmission coil unlike all the other Thermal Expansion machines which all use a Redstone Reception Coil. The reception coil makes more sense because the machine is receiving power the transmission coil is generally for the dynmos which transmit power.

I think the reason it required that was because it was one of the main machines you needed to progress. I may change the recipe as I have to fix a few more things. So 1.3.6 will be a thing.

Daniel Mills

Jul 29, 2019
I think the reason it required that was because it was one of the main machines you needed to progress. I may change the recipe as I have to fix a few more things. So 1.3.6 will be a thing.

It just doesn't make much sense in the scheme of Thermal expansion, machines that receive energy use reception coils which uses gold, machines that produce energy use transmission coils which uses silver and machines that do both (like energy cells) use conductance coils which uses electrum made of gold and silver.

It also doesn't gate the device much or anything, it may be important to advancing but switching the gold for silver really doesn't make it harder, if anything it is easier since silver is more common than gold.

G

guigs44

Hey guys, i have a few questions to do
Why does the Basic Control Circuit use that many redstone (10 per)?
Am i supposed to find Draconium in the end?
I think that you already answered this but, any plans on adding creative item recipes? :v

Thanks for the support.

G

guigs44

No. Draconium is crafted, not mined.
I Knew that, but I found a Meteorite in the End full of Draconium, that's why i asked.
I will try and regenerate the End to check.
If by any chance there's something wrong with my game how do i "Fix" it?

Thanks

Edit: OMG Thanks for the quick reply

G

guigs44

Also, i just remembered, my game crashes every time i click the search bar of the creative menu.
Did someone have an issue with it too?

G

GuyFleegman

Also, i just remembered, my game crashes every time i click the search bar of the creative menu.
Did someone have an issue with it too?
That is a known issue, you just have to use the item tabs instead.

For control circuits 10 is a bit of redstone at first, but if you silk touch it and run it through an enrichment chamber you get 12 dust per ore. You can also run it and sand through an induction furnace to get a block of redstone and rich slag, but the rich slag isn't as useful since the last mekanism update when ore tripling and quadding was enabled for shiny and draconium.

G

guigs44

Any tips on getting ridiculous amounts of power?

Last edited:

meritoc

Jul 29, 2019
The AE2 upgrade cards and blank pattern are missing from NEI.

PS: Thanks for the mod pack!

Last edited:

Daniel Mills

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that the recipes to upgrade Thermal Expansion machines were removed. I'm not sure if this was intentional or an oversight. It seems that it is expensive and wasteful to have to craft completely new machines when you just want to upgrade the tier. I created the MineTweaker recipes to readd the upgrades. https://gist.github.com/evilhamsterman/b5c4fedd8de364a05f88078b130cff9c they can just be copied into the existing Thermal Expansion script.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that the recipes to upgrade Thermal Expansion machines were removed. I'm not sure if this was intentional or an oversight. It seems that it is expensive and wasteful to have to craft completely new machines when you just want to upgrade the tier. I created the MineTweaker recipes to readd the upgrades. https://gist.github.com/evilhamsterman/b5c4fedd8de364a05f88078b130cff9c they can just be copied into the existing Thermal Expansion script.
That was intentional. At least to my knowledge.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Version 1.3.6 should be out shortly, on both the FTB launcher and the Curse Client. It fixes a bug with MT on linux/mac clients and servers. Only scripts were changed.

Many thanks to @Nevondrax for helping me with the issue and providing the fixed scripts for it.

Reactions: Bluedog444

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Can I get some suggestions for early game power gen? I'm kinda spoiled by FTB:IE and Regrowth, and any of the options I used in those packs are available in this one.

L

labelbuddy

how do i make angel steel? i have the synthesizer but i can't find ANY documentation on how it works.

Edit:

I know how its made but for the life of me can't find any good guides or tuts on how to make a system capable of pumping 10k consistently

Last edited: