[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
I feel dumb for bringing this up but I downloaded the pack and NEI is STUCK on cheat mode. I can't seem to turn it off. Also when I spawn in, I'm immediately in creative mode. Changing to survival does not fix the cheat problem...nor does going into NEI.

Mine did that also, when I downloaded it on my surface tablet. No idea why. Haven't tried it since I downloaded though so can't tell if its still like that.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I feel dumb for bringing this up but I downloaded the pack and NEI is STUCK on cheat mode. I can't seem to turn it off. Also when I spawn in, I'm immediately in creative mode. Changing to survival does not fix the cheat problem...nor does going into NEI.

I don't know if this will work, and I don't know why this was added awhile ago, but.

Open up NEI/Inventory
Click Options (Lower Left)
Click Inventory(top)
Change the second tab to Cheat Mod, then hit the Global button (Top Right) buttons will show up on the left of every option the one next to cheat mode should be highlighted, click to un/highlight it then back out.

When your back in your inventory/nei window you should have many options you can toggle now, trash, rain, creative, etc. Hit the C to change it back to survival, then go back to the option as said above, then change the second tab to Recipe Mode, or Utility mod. I use Utility mode because it give me access to the trash can. Sorry if this is hard to fallow, I'm Horrible at teaching things.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Btw... the wet cement was a pain... working on making 42K tacos now... tortillas and lettuce in progress. Still no new quest line to get into castle.

Has anyone else gotten more than 33% on "Power Struggle"?

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Before logging in, on the title menu options set your render distance to 2, and then try logging in. If that doesn't work, you'll have to move your character away from the castle with MCEdit.

Excellent. Setting my render distance to 2 and walking away from the castle seemed to work. Thank you!

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019

I don't know if this will work, and I don't know why this was added awhile ago, but.

Open up NEI/Inventory
Click Options (Lower Left)
Click Inventory(top)
Change the second tab to Cheat Mod, then hit the Global button (Top Right) buttons will show up on the left of every option the one next to cheat mode should be highlighted, click to un/highlight it then back out.

When your back in your inventory/nei window you should have many options you can toggle now, trash, rain, creative, etc. Hit the C to change it back to survival, then go back to the option as said above, then change the second tab to Recipe Mode, or Utility mod. I use Utility mode because it give me access to the trash can. Sorry if this is hard to fallow, I'm Horrible at teaching things.

Sorry I guess i didn't put it well enough in my first post. I blame it being late and the problem frustrating me to no end. I TRIED to fix it in the NEI and it DOES NOT WORK. I Stay in cheat mode even when it says I'm in recipe mode.

EDIT: Found a fix from April of last year. You need to go into world, hit the W in the upper left corner and then hit the W next to cheat mode to apply the correct setting worldly.

Last edited:

yovliporat

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I try to open the modpack it loads as vanilla MC, even without forge. I tried reinstalling, and i've tried deleting the folders and such, and it doesnt work.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I try to open the modpack it loads as vanilla MC, even without forge. I tried reinstalling, and i've tried deleting the folders and such, and it doesnt work.

Sounds like it had a problem downloading. Check your launcher download location (mine is set to CurseCDN) and force download it again. Pack size is around 200MB or so.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Still no new quest line to get into castle.

Has anyone else gotten more than 33% on "Power Struggle"?
Complete "Larry", and "The Abandoned Tower"(which requires 500 Company Rank). That unlocks Torment. The ending quests will branch off of that when you have 2000 company rank.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
The only quests I have in Power struggle are Larry's Magic (complete), Edmund (Complete), and the Abandoned Tower (complete)... I must have missed something somewhere. Current company rank is 2402.

Btw, the wet cement quest was brutal getting the mix right without wasting stuff, heh.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
The last sentence of the description in "Larry's Magic" gives a clue on how to unlock "Larry".

yovliporat

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like it had a problem downloading. Check your launcher download location (mine is set to CurseCDN) and force download it again. Pack size is around 200MB or so.
I have it set to CurseCDN already, i tried again and again but no luck :(
Is there anywhere I can manually download the files?

EPAstor

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. A question regarding a secret, spoiler'd for content:

I've run into Larry (I think) when I found a hidden room in the factory with an Enchantment Table inside. On the other hand, I don't have either of the quests "Larry" or "Larry's Magic"... What do I need to do to unlock "Larry's Magic", if not find that room?

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Sprinklers act differently in this pack than other (previous) ones I've played. It may be a config setting, or it may be a change in 1.7.10, not sure, but they now act as bonemeal on any bare grass as well, hence my 'tree farm' has almost all the pneumaticraft plants, and lots of other dye flowers, instead of trees all over the place. Might well be deliberate, but worth being aware of.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Sprinklers act differently in this pack than other (previous) ones I've played. It may be a config setting, or it may be a change in 1.7.10, not sure, but they now act as bonemeal on any bare grass as well, hence my 'tree farm' has almost all the pneumaticraft plants, and lots of other dye flowers, instead of trees all over the place. Might well be deliberate, but worth being aware of.

I noticed that with a small Steve's Carts wheat farm I set up. At times, between harvest and replant, sometimes a Pneumaticraft plant will spawn.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. A question regarding a secret, spoiler'd for content:

I've run into Larry (I think) when I found a hidden room in the factory with an Enchantment Table inside. On the other hand, I don't have either of the quests "Larry" or "Larry's Magic"... What do I need to do to unlock "Larry's Magic", if not find that room?

Have you completed The Abandoned Tower quest in the same chapter? That's what led me to find the Magic quest. The second quest I only got when I

...stood on the enchantment table in the middle of the room. I imagine this is a very precise location quest, since I'd lapped the room before, and not unlocked the quest

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

Its been like that for as long as I can remember. However, it wasn't until a few months ago that I found out that you can right click it, and add bonemeal to it.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm at 50% - Larry's Map - Larry - Torment - The abandoned Tower and Edmund quests.

I'm (now) at the same. Torment doesn't appear to have any obvious link to open anything new, so I assume the next one comes from rank/reputation or finding a location through another quest.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Its been like that for as long as I can remember. However, it wasn't until a few months ago that I found out that you can right click it, and add bonemeal to it.

Hmm. That's not my experience from, for example, Agrarian Skies or the Direwolf20 packs. I almost always use sprinklers to 'buff' my farms, and this is the first time I've had it bonemeal grass to get flowers. Adding bonemeal to the sprinkler is supposed to add even more growth to the crops you plant, but I've never seen that spawn flowers either. Personally, I don't use bonemeal in my sprinklers because I've never found a good way to automate it...

Reactions: RehabOholic