[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chromo1418

Jul 29, 2019
I dropped triple compressed cobble into the smeltery. It melts just as fast as cobble, but obviously contains way more. I made my smeltery pretty tall. Also, use a liquid transfer node with a couple of speed upgrades on a drain straight to your QDS. I run a server so I chunkloaded the area once it was full of triple compressed cobble. Ran relatively quick at that point.

thx for that tip. i didnt try that, cause in earlier versions, you couldnt melt down compressed cobble.

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think compressed worked either. I've had my high oven smelting 6 rows of stone for about a month and am at 43%. Anyone have a clue as to where to find a walnut/walnut tree?? Neither village has a trade for it, and I've yet to find one anywhere.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think compressed worked either. I've had my high oven smelting 6 rows of stone for about a month and am at 43%. Anyone have a clue as to where to find a walnut/walnut tree?? Neither village has a trade for it, and I've yet to find one anywhere.

If I understand it right the whole was pre-gened? If so, I found several in a normal forest biome. X:-175, Z:-904, Y:83

Has anyone found a magical forest biome? I Want to get mana beans for a farm. Also, Do we get another age after the second one(Age 16, I think) the one that will kill you if your one the surface.lol I really would like one that can be explored on the surface and caves.

Last edited:

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
You will have to remove the warded block using MCedit. "I THINK" Its not that hard of the program, you just need to know where the blocks were.

Hmm. I could certainly work out how to use MCEdit in anger to do this. However, I'm fairly sure that the whole of the castle (or almost all of it) is made of warded blocks. I'm not even looking at the castle when I spawn in (though I guess it's within the player 'chunk load' radius). I can't see any obvious mention of a specific block in the error log, so unless I'm able to tear down the whole castle with MCEdit (obviously, I am, but I'm not sure what that'll do for future quests and progression), I think I might end up having to start again - which is frustrating!

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
You should get ages 8-16-21 the enderlands and eventually perfect age. 3 from the book quests in humble (plus the black book) and 2 from a reputation quests.
I have silver and great wood, but I haven't see any mana beans. The wiki says mana beans grow in eerie biomes and the are quite a few of those about.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
I think you have to use floral fertilizer to get them. The world gen was disabled, but I had Botania added before it was added to the pack, so it gen in my world. You can always enable in the configs.

zomg... I don't know how I missed the non-mystical flower way to make the fertilizer... now I got something new to work on! :D

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I could certainly work out how to use MCEdit in anger to do this. However, I'm fairly sure that the whole of the castle (or almost all of it) is made of warded blocks. I'm not even looking at the castle when I spawn in (though I guess it's within the player 'chunk load' radius). I can't see any obvious mention of a specific block in the error log, so unless I'm able to tear down the whole castle with MCEdit (obviously, I am, but I'm not sure what that'll do for future quests and progression), I think I might end up having to start again - which is frustrating!

OOOHHH man I totaly spaced that was all made of warded blocks. :( Was you doing anything notable right before the crash? I have updated Thaumcraft, and was running 4.2.3.2 and just updated to the latest. Can you load an earlier backup, from before you updated thaumcraft, but leave the updated mod, just try using a backup.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
zomg... I don't know how I missed the non-mystical flower way to make the fertilizer... now I got something new to work on! :D

Yeah even though I had them already in my world, when I updated the pack that added Botania My functional flowers(mana, pure daisy, etc) turned into botaina stairs, blocks(just decorative ones). So I just destroyed everything, and still used the fertilizer, and I finely made a jaded amaranthus.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
WHY you KNOW find a magical forest??:( I need to harvest you MANA BEANS, the magical fruit, the more "WAIT, no" I never mind.lol I've went 1200 blocks in four directions and it seems very hard to find.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Before logging in, on the title menu options set your render distance to 2, and then try logging in. If that doesn't work, you'll have to move your character away from the castle with MCEdit.

Has anyone found a magical forest biome? I Want to get mana beans for a farm.
There is a Magical Forest biome at X:-2500, Z:-3000

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Before logging in, on the title menu options set your render distance to 2, and then try logging in. If that doesn't work, you'll have to move your character away from the castle with MCEdit.

There is a Magical Forest biome at X:-2500, Z:-3000

Was this taken before the Factory inserted? And is this the entire world? Thank you for the help:)

HaHa, never mind found the factory on that map:) For anyone else, if you save that map to you pc you will able to zoom in better.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
My friends and I explored nearly 10k blocks in each of 8 directions looking for jungles... we found several magical forest biomes... didn't see a jungle until "The Perfect Age". On the good side, we have TONS of the overworld explored, heh

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I found out why having a map genurated fully is that we can help people find things
My friends and I explored nearly 10k blocks in each of 8 directions looking for jungles... we found several magical forest biomes... didn't see a jungle until "The Perfect Age". On the good side, we have TONS of the overworld explored, heh

I had a fair bit, but never ran into a Magical Forest. Would have had a lot expored, but I kept stopping ever sec to scan aura nodes, and ex bush's. Did you she the map Biochao posted? This is probably a stupid question, but is that the entire world?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Based on my map, I haven't actually found an edge to the world. Mine extends a fair bit further than the on Biochao posted.

Ok, so I'm assuming that either he only mad the map a curtain size around spawn, or he only gen so much of it. Thanks again for your help.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a stupid question, but is that the entire world?
The world is a normal Minecraft Large Biome world, it goes out ~30,000,000 blocks. Only the chunks around the spawn containing the factory, village, and castle are pre-generated.

To make that map image I used Admin Commands Toolbox to pre-generate a 300 chunk radius from spawn, then Journey Map to auto-map and export the image.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
You know what is missing from this AMAZING mod pack? A Blood Moon from Random Things:) It adds, well Random Things.lol :p

"The Bloodmoon is an ingame event that has a 5% (configurable) chance of happening at night. When its happening there will be a message ("The Bloodmoon is rising...") appearing in chat. During the following night the entity limit on monsters will be higher and they will spawn faster & closer to you. On the visual side the moon, the sky and light in general will turn red, the visual effects all peak when the moon is at his highest point. (All visual effects can be separately disabled in the config file)

Fast Leaf Decay- We know how waiting for leaves to remove themselves can be as much fun as watching paint dry.

and many other great items to enhance your minecraft world.

Its just a suggestion:)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...289551-1-6-x-1-7-2-1-7-10-random-things-2-1-5

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
I've added fastcraft, fast leaf decay, and morpheus (so only 1/2 of online users have to sleep), otherwise I haven't changed anything.

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
I feel dumb for bringing this up but I downloaded the pack and NEI is STUCK on cheat mode. I can't seem to turn it off. Also when I spawn in, I'm immediately in creative mode. Changing to survival does not fix the cheat problem...nor does going into NEI.