[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EPAstor

Jul 29, 2019
First, Biochao - thanks for this pack. I've gotten many hours of enjoyment out of it! Great contribution to the community - so please don't take the second part of this post as demanding anything!

Second: a friend of mine wanted to get started on a joint server effort. However, the server files downloaded from the FTB launcher don't seem to work, and I'm not seeing an 0.9.5 link in the first post on the thread. Is there a v0.9.5 server release yet? (And if not, can we expect one soon?)

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
My 0.9.5 server was downloaded from the FTB launcher. Perhaps manually set your download location to CurseCDN and try again.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I have a weird one. 0.9.5, when a sprinkler is placed on an open blocks tank, and then the tank is broken (tried with my TiCon and a Thaumium pick both) then the sprinkler breaks and turns into a duplicate open blocks tank. If I pick the sprinkler specifically, then it breaks normally.

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
500 Iron Golems are you kidding? You must be pretty far ahead of me. I don't have that quest open yet. Now i have to go figure out Mystcraft books, I just got the book room open in the castle. BTW where can I find blue slime? I've seen a King slime in one of the ages (the stay underground one I think), but I couldn't find him. He was somewhere underground.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
How'd you get the book room open on the castle?? Thats one my server hasn't gotten yet. I think we're done with the first 2 quest lines. In the book, 70% through the agrarian one, 78+% through pipes pumping, and a goodchunk through the industrial warfare ones

Last edited:

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
I went to the Perfect Age, which I got from the reputation quest Legendary (I haven't turned any of the unfavorable acts quests).
When I returned form the Perfect age, I returned to the book room in the castle. I had to break out of it however since the thaumic door won't open.

I've finished the first two quest line (although neither is 100%) and about 23% through the pipes. The Stone takes forever and the cement is kicking my a$$ since I'm basically doing it by hand..

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone figured out how to kill 500 iron golems with them blacklisted on the MFR autospawner?
Oh, I forgot iron golems are blacklisted by default. Since making a vanilla iron golem farm is a bit ridiculous I'll whitelist them.

How'd you get the book room open on the castle??
Get to 2000 company rank, then the quests that lead to the ending will open up.

I went to the Perfect Age, which I got from the reputation quest Legendary (I haven't turned any of the unfavorable acts quests).
When I returned form the Perfect age, I returned to the book room in the castle. I had to break out of it however since the thaumic door won't open.
Uh oh, that's a bug. Unfortunately anyone else who has already started a world will encounter this unless they complete the ending before going. I'll change out the book with a map update but maybe also include an intra-linking book in the rewards for current maps.

chromo1418

Jul 29, 2019
Help,

can someone please look through my crash reports and tell me what is going wrong there? I logged out last time outside of the factory, but now every time i try to load the save, minecraft crashes and i land back at the launcher.

Attachments

• crash-2015-01-17_21.09.50-client.txt
    170.8 KB · Views: 51
  • crash-2015-01-17_21.05.14-client.txt
    168.5 KB · Views: 53

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Help,

can someone please look through my crash reports and tell me what is going wrong there? I logged out last time outside of the factory, but now every time i try to load the save, minecraft crashes and i land back at the launcher.

All I can see are a bunch of references to Thaumcraft warded blocks. Maybe Biochao has an idea.

b0rg

Jul 29, 2019
[17:38:30] [Netty IO #2/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception
io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToByteEncoder.write(MessageToByteEncode
r.java:129) ~[MessageToByteEncoder.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(DefaultChan
nelHandlerContext.java:644) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write(DefaultChannelHan
dlerContext.java:698) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
dlerContext.java:637) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.write(Network
Dispatcher.java:423) ~[NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(DefaultChan
nelHandlerContext.java:644) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
dlerContext.java:698) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.writeAndFlush(DefaultCh
annelHandlerContext.java:688) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.writeAndFlush(DefaultCh
annelHandlerContext.java:717) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.writeAndFlush(DefaultChannelP
ipeline.java:893) ~[DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.writeAndFlush(AbstractChannel.java:2
39) ~[AbstractChannel.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager$1.run(NetworkManager.java:174) [
ek.class:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(Single
ThreadEventExecutor.java:354) [SingleThreadEventExecutor.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:348) [NioEven
tLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThread
EventExecutor.java:101) [SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_72]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_150298_a(SourceFile:309) ~[dh.c
lass:?]
at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_74734_a(SourceFile:25) ~[dh.cla
ss:?]
at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_150663_a(CompressedStrea
mTools.java:149) ~[du.class:?]
at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74800_a(CompressedStream
Tools.java:139) ~[du.class:?]
at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74798_a(CompressedStream
Tools.java:82) ~[du.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketBuffer.func_150786_a(SourceFile:78) ~[et.
class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S35PacketUpdateTileEntity.func_1488
40_b(SourceFile:50) ~[gf.class:?]
at net.minecraft.util.MessageSerializer.encode(SourceFile:38) ~[fa.class
:?]
at net.minecraft.util.MessageSerializer.encode(SourceFile:14) ~[fa.class
:?]
at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToByteEncoder.write(MessageToByteEncode
r.java:111) ~[MessageToByteEncoder.class:?]
... 15 more
i get this on login now after i placed a plastic tank. it just logs me out every time.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching brandonclyonLP lets play, and I'm up to the point were he is using the BC Builder/Blueprint!! I just have to say how come more people are not doing this kind of setup? I am going to start playing this pack again, but just wanted to watch some videos on it first. The idea of setting the builder up in your mod pack is really cool! I would love to see more of this type of thing. Great mod pack, not just the use of the builder, but everything.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
I just submitted version 0.9.6 to the 3rd Party Pack Team. Short changelog this time, haven't had a lot of time lately and really just trying to work out the bugs.
Added recipe for Necrotic Bones
Whitelisted Iron Golems for the AutoSpawner
Add intra-linking linking book to 'Legendary' rep reward
Removed return linkbook in 'The Perfect Age'
I've also updated the original post a bit with server versions, map downloads, and all the changelogs.

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I just submitted version 0.9.6 to the 3rd Party Pack Team. Short changelog this time, haven't had a lot of time lately and really just trying to work out the bugs.
Added recipe for Necrotic Bones
Whitelisted Iron Golems for the AutoSpawner
Add intra-linking linking book to 'Legendary' rep reward
Removed return linkbook in 'The Perfect Age'
I've also updated the original post a bit with server versions, map downloads, and all the changelogs.

What are the inta-linking books? Also, if I just started a new world on v0.9.5 should I have downloaded Automata Map v1.0.1, or is that the world that start in a new world?

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
What are the inta-linking books? Also, if I just started a new world on v0.9.5 should I have downloaded Automata Map v1.0.1, or is that the world that start in a new world?
There is a bug where if you go to the final age, which you get for having 100+ reputation, the return link book will put you in the top floor of the castle, which is impossible to get out of unless you have the item you get for completing the story. The new map is just to remove that return linkbook. And so you don't have to start a new world I've added an Intra-linking book to the quest rewards to use if you get trapped.

I wanted to make it a following book but sadly those don't exist anymore...

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering how the butterfly's are spawning. Is there a hidden spawner, etc? I was just wondering, because when I played on an older version they seemed to spawn at a decent rate. On my new world I have only found one. Those things are hard to catch.lol