[1.7.10] Arch-Mage Craft - Masters of Magic

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
That's what the instructions on post 13 are for, they replace the files in the FTB Launcher to run the 0.2.0 version. So long as you leave the version selection the same it should just let you run it.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been playing the pack for a couple of days, and am getting settled. However, the problem of food comes up. Unless you have an apple tree or a farm set up, food is an issue. There's natura berries and the Twilight Forest mob meats, but aside from mana cookies/cake, vanilla food is it.

How about adding Magical Crops? It's got a 'magical' idea, but still a tiered system to go through. Harvestcraft would require a vast amount of retrogen, as would Food Plus, and Agriculture is a dead mod (in my opinion). Growthcraft is also an option, as grapes, hops and rice are grass drops. You might be able to make it so bamboo shoots are too, to limit world gen, and the apple tree... ah, the apple tree. I prefer that one to BoP.

Skid, ideas on foods?

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been playing the pack for a couple of days, and am getting settled. However, the problem of food comes up. Unless you have an apple tree or a farm set up, food is an issue. There's natura berries and the Twilight Forest mob meats, but aside from mana cookies/cake, vanilla food is it.

How about adding Magical Crops? It's got a 'magical' idea, but still a tiered system to go through. Harvestcraft would require a vast amount of retrogen, as would Food Plus, and Agriculture is a dead mod (in my opinion). Growthcraft is also an option, as grapes, hops and rice are grass drops. You might be able to make it so bamboo shoots are too, to limit world gen, and the apple tree... ah, the apple tree. I prefer that one to BoP.

Skid, ideas on foods?

Thanks for the input, I'm not including Magical Crops, partly because it Magical mostly by name only but also because it's a cheap and simple method of generating infinite resources and there are far FAR more interesting and more balanced methods of get resources in the pack already. If it's an issue of food diversity I was considering including Harvestcraft, the overwhelming majority of it's base foods are added as grass drops so retrogen would be minimal anyway. But it would be an extension mod rather then a core mod so I'm not looking at it in the short term. In terms of early game food currently, it's really no harder then vanilla minecraft, getting a basic farm for wheat, carrots or potatoes should be one of the first things you do anyway so you don't have to worry about it later.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Once automated, yes I see your point about infinite resources for Magical crops.
Growthcraft personally gets my votes. I spent several hours on last night to get potatoes and battling a doom creeper's present of silverfish at my door.

mateomiguel

Jul 29, 2019
Something related to magic, but not exactly magical, is the Smeltery mod. It includes the ability to make Thaumic tool parts, and so its related to Thaumcraft. I really like using that mod and would recommend its inclusion.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Potential bug with the Natura furnace, it eats items if you log off, apparently. I forgot about having 40 potatoes cooking in there last night, and they are gone.
So... don't use the natura furnace.

Forger101

Jul 29, 2019
\O/ Skid thank you for creating just the pack I've been waiting for. I'll send you a pm about joining the server. Hopefully I can hop on before heading off to work today.

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
OK so I had trouble getting Ars Magica 2 bosses to summon, and looking it up I'm not the only one, however I also can't find a fix for the issue, since Mithion is hanging up the towel and currently hasn't said if he will hand the mod over to someone else or open the source I'm looking into allowing the spawn eggs to be craftable (the ones that aren't disabled that is). So 2 questions, anyone know of a fix I've missed? Or any views on how I should balance the crafting recipes, the way I see it the crafting recipes can ether require an approximation of all the components required to summon normally, or I could just require 2 or 3 essences of the guardians type. Opinions please.

@Shunraiki It's on my list but I'm a little worried about balance and overlap with Blood Magic potions, so I'm still undecided on it.

@Forger101 Thanks, hope your enjoying it.

@mateomiguel I'm not adding Tinkers Constructs, it's kinda base line tech, but it's tools are so much better then most the tools you can get from other mods that it'll be the go to rather then the magic mods tools, so it goes contrary to how I'm building the pack I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Forger101

Jul 29, 2019
I can see two possible directions that you could go with the Ars Magica 2 Bosses. You could have the recipes be similar to the summoning process like you said, or you could go all out and have another level of progression e.g. the recipes require drops from previous bosses and or cross mod recipes.

Also are you opposed to pushing Infernal Mobs to be post Nether/End. You would of course have to increase the amount of infernals, this would make early game much easier while having the nether actually be a place to be properly geared up for.(I'm totally not suggesting this because I died many times to Infernal Witches ..cough..cough)

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
For the 1.7.10 Ars Magica 2, Mithion removed the ender guardian and one more, due to not having the Animation API mod, if I recall correctly, as well as their drops.

I'm agreeing to setting Infernal mobs post nether/end, because the infernals are spawning with more then 3 infernal abilities, which make them very hard to kill. Got killed plenty by them.
Haven't seen any infernal witches, but infernal zombies? Ouch.

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
@Shunraiki It's on my list but I'm a little worried about balance and overlap with Blood Magic potions, so I'm still undecided on it.

Apparently the mod author of Reliquary has thought about reworking how their potions are made as shown here. Though it will take time for it to be officially released, it's worth keeping an eye on for the time being. :3

Sgarr17

Jul 29, 2019
If possible, I think Necromancy, Archimedes Ships, Enchanting Plus, Reliquary and maybe MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod would all fit into the pack. None are tech-based or contain tech aspects and I feel that they can bring more to the pack in their own ways. Maybe Project E, too, but that might be too overpowered after long enough. :p

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
Pack is now officially updated to 0.3.0.

Change Log:
-----
Updated Forge to 10.13.2.1230
Updated Blood Magic to release 1.2.0.
Updated Boatnia to 1.2-124
Updated Thaumcraft to 4.2.1.4
Updated Mantle to 0.3.2
Updated Natura to 2.2.0.1
Disabled Extra Utilits Spikes due to them causing a crash.
Disabled Hungry Spiders in Special Mobs due to a bug with them rendering many time larger then they attually are.
Reduced the probability of encountering Elite, Infernal and Ultra Infernal mobs (I think).
Disabled Diamond Dollys from JABBA.
Changed the Special Mobs configuration file to re-enabled Vanilla mobs, as Forbidden Magic needs them to imprint it's spawning crystals.
Added Minetweaker.
Added Recipes to craft Ars Magica 2 boss eggs (Lightning and Ender are disabled).
Added Mystcraft.
Added Open Mod Lib.
Added Open Blocks.
Disabled Vacuum Hopper, Sprinkler, Auto Anvil, Healer, Auto Enchantment Table, Block Breaker, Block Placer, Elevator, Item Cannon, Height Map stuff, Fan, Glider, Crane stuff, Luggage, in Open Blocks.
Added Not Enough Codecs.
Added Server Tools.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
Server has been updated to v0.3.1 this is mainly a bug fix update, the version has been submitted to the FTB team, it may take them a few days to process it, if your playing on the server you'll need to update your instance with this file: http://www.skid-inc.net/stuff/minecraft/Arch-Mage_Craft-1.7.10-0.3.1.zip

Side note: While I've not expressed any rules for the test server I do expect you to following general common sense, IE don't "borrow" someone's things while they are not online, then fail to return them and log out with them.

Change Log:
-----
Updated Forbidden Magic to 0.53.
Updated Infernal Mobs to 1.5.9.
Updated Special Mobs 3.0.3.
Re-Enabled Special Mobs Hungry Spiders.
Updated Thaumic Exploration to 1.1-22.
Updated Botania to 1.2-128.

Last edited:

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Just as a warning, the Effret's flame focus for Thaumic Tinkerer causes a ticking entity crash for other players. Its been reported to their github. I tried to go to Shunraiki, and crashed to desktop.