[1.7.10] Amalgamate Technomancy - V2 New Idea, Same Pack [Gregtech, Hardmode] (95 Mods)

Which of these would you like to see the most?

• Total voters

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
If only there was HQM.......

Yeah, I put that in the poll just too see how many people would want it, but it might happen anyway just because of how drastic some of the GT changes are from vanilla, like the ore gen. (Still looking for that elusive tin vein in my current world)
It's good to give some on the spot education as opposed to internet searching.

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
I'm with you on that, it's a fantastic and very well designed mod. I think more people would like it is they sought to educate themselves as opposed to just bandwagoning on hate train.

Puzzlebark

Jul 29, 2019
Why no Thermal Expansion? Is it because it's bloody easy to get top tier machinery in that mod?

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
So I have a few bits of news.

I will submit V2.1.0 in the next day or so, and it will contain GalactiCraft. Doesn't have the custom multiblocks since I came up with a pretty cool plan for it that won't need that much work. The only bad part about V2.1.0 is that I have dropped Realistic World Generation due to certain things (Jungles, Swamps) not generating. This is all my fault for including a early alpha mod in a modpack designed for long term worlds. So you may or may not need to reset your world, I don't know what will happen, RWG adds no blocks so it might just make a weird boundary. I have replaced it with the Highlands mod, it offers many of the same benefits such as epic mountains and is more complete.

I have also changed the minimap to OPIS, I feel like it is better for GregTech as it allows you to look at your world map. This makes it easier to plot out mineshafts every 3 x 3 chunks.

Another bit of good news, The newest version of Bluepower changed volcanoes to be the most epic world generation I have ever seen. (They're glorious!)

I flew around the world I was in to make recipes and found this:
U1eD3AS.jpg

g1HzkfM.jpg

pOuqWSU.jpg

And they get even bigger... I don't have the picture, but I found an absolutely massive one in another world.
*Raises glass to Bluepower devs.

EDIT: I am going to delay the update until after GT6 comes out. GT6 WILL need a reset unfortunately, this way you won't need to reset after this update for the foreseeable future. (A Long Time)

EDIT2: I probably will just release it once V4 of Reikas mods drop, GT6 getting to the state GT5 is in atm MAY take longer than I thought, also I have decided to go with no special biome/world generator. Vanilla is perfectly fine and honestly I find that a ton of fancy biomes can actually get in the way when you want to find a specific one.

Last edited:

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like it has been a month since this has moved; any update? This looks to be the closest pack to what I want to play. That being gregtech + reika's mods + logistics pipes with recipe balancing. I am just hoping it hasn't been abandoned...

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
Nope, not abandoned, only reason it has not been updated is because I am waiting on GT6 to add machines and what not. As far as bug fixing, I am the only real bug tester for the pack, and I recently got into modding which has been a blast so far. ;) So there have been none of those. However, if you find any bugs I will gladly push a fix.

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
OK. I was simply wondering because your EDIT2 stated that you would update without GT6...Hence the confusion.

I'll download and startup a world today and report back if I find anything weird. I will be modifying the pack a little bit though; adding project red, removing bluepower, updating reika's mods and removing a couple other things. Let me know if you would rather I not report things due to playing a modified pack.

FireVentus

Jul 29, 2019
I love this mod pack, especially because of gregtech and the machine mods. Just a note, in rotarycraft the recipes doesn't like gregtech transformed hsla steel ingots and it's somewhat of an annoyance. I am just wondering if you will (or can in the first place) tweak the recipes to allow gregtech hsla ingots or use any steel ingots.

btw: railcraft blast furnace is very useful early-mid game :D i got four running and I have more steel than ever

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
I believe an easy solution to your problem is turning off GT Unification in the GT Config, I will include it in the next update. As far as other steel, HSLA Steel is "High-Strength Low-Alloy" steel. From a quick Wikipedia search it has better mechanical properties than normal steel and thus why Reika would choose it for a mod based around mechanical power. I'm sure @Reika can confirm or correct me on this. Anyways it is supposed to be different than the steel that other mods provide in a better way. There is an option in the RC config to make his steel backwards compatible (I wanted to retain a line between the two so I have it off) but not vice-versa.

Good to know you are enjoying the pack! :)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I believe an easy solution to your problem is turning off GT Unification in the GT Config, I will include it in the next update. As far as other steel, HSLA Steel is "High-Strength Low-Alloy" steel. From a quick Wikipedia search it has better mechanical properties than normal steel and thus why Reika would choose it for a mod based around mechanical power. I'm sure @Reika can confirm or correct me on this.
You are entirely correct. :D

Melanclock

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like BloodAsp is working on an unofficial update/port of GT5 if you are interested in updating your pack before GT6 comes out. It's on the ic2 forum.

Reactions: Q009

kirakenso

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I really think this pack sounds Good, but I really can't find any servers to play on. Is there a list somewhere?

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
My only problem with Greg tech is that I don't really understand it. If I were given a tutorial VIA HQM then I could probably learn to like it but until then it just gets in the way. Teach me. Make me understand Greg Tech. That is my challenge to you. Good luck.

Last edited:

Q009

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any news from the author of this modpack? It doesn't seem like he's been active in quite a few months

Last edited: