[1.7.10] Amalgamate Technomancy - V2 New Idea, Same Pack [Gregtech, Hardmode] (95 Mods)

Which of these would you like to see the most?

• Total voters

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
8xtnRf8.png

"Minecraft Mods are like elements on the periodic table; they are the building blocks of creation. It is up to the modpack creators to twist or form these elements into an amalgamation with stronger properties than the original element. Yet one must remember that there is no bronze without tin and copper." -Kyle98750
fmWrGol.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fpMLtD41nn_HlpX9loAbFO0_OEdkA7C8MD2Qjv7CTAc/edit#gid=0

5qcbaJF.png

(Post all Issues/Crashes Here)
https://github.com/WaffleMan0310/Amalgamate-Technomancy-Modpack
(I'll get working on making the wiki a thing)

cVBi55o.png

getGREGGY

Note: This is a hard pack.
GT Energy Tiers:
Ultra-Low Voltage (ULV)
-
Low (LV)
-Forestry
-Bluepower Tubes

Medium (MV)
-Binnie's Mods
-Logistics Pipes
-Factorization

High (HV)
-Gendustry
Extreme (EV)
-Applied Energistics 2

Insane (IV)
-
Ludacrious (LuV)
-
Zero Point Module (ZPMV)
-
Ultimate (UV)
-
Maximum (MaxV)
-

Config Changes for the Legendary Gregtechers out there:
Gregtech.cfg
-Harderstone = true
-Stack Size = 16

CodeChickenCore.cfg
-finiteWater = true
I was rather torn about whether or not to include these in the default pack, I decided not to because I feel the minority prefers it but it still is there and doesn't break anything by turning it on.

Mods I am working / thinking about adding:
Will be added:
-Reliquary
-RotaryCraft
-ReactorCraft
-ElectriCraft
Possibly: (Depending on Poll)
-Galacticraft (IV Tier)
-Minefactory Reloaded (HV Tier)

Ore Generation:
The ore generation is GregTech's ore generation. This is ALOT different from the normal, small but frequent clusters. One ore vein can be thousands of ore. Yet there are only one of these every 3x3 chunks. I add this so I don't have people telling me the ore gen is broken because they haven't found anything. It's there.

GregTech Troubles:

Gregtech Survival Guide

System Requirements:
I would recommend allocating 4GB of RAM to Minecraft with a PermGen of 256Mb.
!!!Note!!! - This is a pretty beefy pack and needs a decent computer.

Changelog:
Version 2.0.2: *Submitted to FTB
**Mod List is now Complete, nothing more will be added. =D

***This is the last release on GregTech 5, anything after this (besides bugfixes) will be GregTech 6.
Mods:
-Added OPIS
-Added Galacticraft Core
-Added Galacticraft Mars
-Added MicDoodle Core
-Added GalacticGreg
-Added Tabula Rusa
-Added Ancient Trees
-Added Power Converters
-Added IHL: Tools & Machines
-Added ZTones
-Added Gem Blocks for Greg
-Added Ztones
-Added DragonAPI
-Added RotaryCraft
-Added ReactorCraft
-Added ElectriCraft
-Added Thaumic Exploration

-Removed Realistic World Generation *Incomplete Mod
-
Removed Voxel Map *OPIS

-Updated OpenComputers -> 1.4.9
-Updated Bluepower -> 0.2.857
-Updated Automagy -> 0.19.3
-Updated BuildCraft -> 6.3.6
-Updated Botania -> R1.5 162
-Updated The Twilight Forest -> 2.3.3
-Updated IndustrialCraft 2 -> 2.2.679
-Updated PneumaticCraft -> 1.5.6.59
-Updated Walia -> 1.5.9
-Updatd Binnie Mods -> 2.0-pre6b
-Updated Chisel -> 2.3.7
-Updated Thaumcraft -> 4.2.3.5
-Updated Factorization -> 0.8.8.8888c

Configs:
-Disabled Automagy Version Checking
-Disabled OpenComputers Version Checking
-Disabled RailCraft Version Checking
-Enabled GT Naquadah Generation, also added Meteoric Iron Veins to the moon and Amber Veins to the overworld.
-Disabled Thaumcraft Amber generation
-Tweaked GT Ore Generation a bit. Tin should now spawn higher and thus be more prevalent in mountains. (50-130)
-Added some new tiers for Jabba barrels, also converted all recipes to plates. (Titanium, Tungstensteel)
-Disabled Elevator XP Drain
-Turned Off RailCraft Metals Chest *No Free Compressor Work
-Created Many Custom NEI Filters with INPureCore to clean up NEI, culled the following:
*I found the Minetweaker one quite finicky, especially with MetaData
[
--Gendustry Gene Samples
--Genetics Serums and Serum Arrays
--All GT Ores that don't generate and all of the different types of ores (black granite, ect.) only stone varients of ores that generate in the world should show up in NEI
--BiblioWoods Forestry in a similar way INPureCore culls vanilla BiblioCraft
--All Ores from any mod that don't generate in the world.
--Ender Zoo and Twilight Forest spawn eggs
--Twilight Forest "stage" blocks, the unlocaized ones that say show up when you activate a carmite reactor.
--More things that you don't need to see.
]
-Make Bluepower volcanoes rarer, 0.02% -> 0.01%
-Disabled all ReactorCraft world generation (Except Fluorite)
-Added Cadmium and Indium to the GregTech config.
-Set fluorite to only generate at 10% of it's normal capacity. *This is due to how late game ReactorCraft is, I don't want players accumulating hundreds of stacks of this stuff when they are looking for something else. (Tin)
!!Note!! - RotaryCraft is set to be harder in this pack, the difficulty control is set to 3, the boring machine will need maintenance and the extractor needs a new drill head every now and then.

Version - 2.0.1:
Mods:
-Added Automagy

-Updated IndustrialCraft 2 -> 671
-Updated PneumaticCraft -> 1.5.5-58
-Updated Botania -> 1.4-156
-Updated Logistics Pipes -> 0.8.3.100
-Updated NEI Integration -> 1.0.6

Config:
-Disabled Factorization Dark Iron Generation
-Disabled Wild Caves 3 Bone Ore Generation
-Disabled Vanilla Stone Tools - Use Flint
-
Changed Funky Locomotion Per Block RF to 1500 from 500
-Extra Utilities Watering Can now requires iron plates
-Fixed Torch Recipe to be usable in inventory
-Fixed Bluepower Paint can recipe, it was backwards...silly me
-
Fixed Blood Magic Altar being craftable.
-Added Compressor recipes for Extra Utilities Compressed Cobblestone, removed crafting recipes
-Removed all instances of .transformDamage() from the Minetweaker script
-Discoved the NEI.hide() function in Minetweaker, attempted to clean up NEI
-Organized the Minetweaker script a bit (Still a bit messy)
Version - 2.0.0:
Mods:
-Removed Spice of Life
-Removed Air Overhaul
-Removed Reika's Mods **TEMPORARILY Until V4 Drops, then I have an idea.
-Removed EnchVil
-Removed Special Mobs
-Removed SpecialAI
-Removed ExtraCells
-Removed Forbidden Magic
-Removed Hardcore Ender Expansion
-Removed Hopper Ducts
-Removed IHL Tools & Machines
-Removed MFFS / Resonant Engine / Universal Electricity
-Removed NEI Plugins - NEI Integration
-Removed NEI Forestry - NEI Integration
-Removed Rougelike Dungeons
-Removed Rotatable Blocks - No longer supported
-Removed Thaumic Energistics
-Removed Utility Mobs
-Removed Zombie Awareness
-Removed Opis
-Removed Extra Biomes XL

-Added BuildCraft Compat
-Added NEI Integration
-Added AESU
-Added Factorization
-Added Custom Main Menu
-Added Custom Backgrounds
-Added Infinibows
-Added Not Enough Keys
-Added Qmunity Lib
-Added Resource Loader
-Added Thaumcraft Gates
-Added VoxelMap
-Added Reliquary
-Added Wild Caves 3
*I might have missed some, I really gotta start logging my changes as I make them.

-Updated....Everything

Config:
-Disabled All Version Checkers
-Bumped up AE Power a Slight big More - 8x - 12x
-Bumped up Enhanced Portals Power - 15x- 16x
-Fixed torch recipe to be shapeless
-Various other things that I cannot remember

I highly recommend the addition of Fastcraft by Player, it greatly increases performance for most people, especially chunk generation.

The included textures are Pyrolusite's Alternate Textures for Gregtech and his UI Textures.

If anyone makes any videos or screenshots, I will gladly add them to this page.

Good Luck, and let Greg embrace you in your Travels!

Last edited:

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
Oh, Sorry I have my theme set to that black one.

Fixed.

Thanks for letting me know. ;)

Last edited:

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
V1.0.1

-Added Electro-Magic Tools

-Updated Hardcore Ender Expansion 1.6.2 -> 1.6.3
-Updated Logistics Pipes B59 -> B62
-Updated Extra Biomes XL 3.16.a17 -> 3.16 RC1
-Updated Bibliocraft 1.8.1 -> 1.8.2
-Updated BDLib - 1.4.5.24
-Updated Gendustry - 1.3.4.29

-Fixed Chisel Recipe Conflict (w/ Binnie Mods' Trowel)
-Fixed Railcraft Recipes to use OreDict plates

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Oh hey, my mod's in there :p you should probably put Shedar and Zuxelus in the author list as well though, both are better modders then me >.>

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
I quite like the looks of this, the more balanced the better.

If you want to make changes to a mod that minetweaker does not support and it is a mod with a library interface then I or others can whip up something for you, just ask, and be as explicit as possible. :)

Reactions: Kyle98750

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
I am curious, not defaulting to adventure mode on? Does this work fine in adventure mode? I did not see any minetweaker things to add adventure mode breakable support to anything on a look-through, or does everything seem to work?

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
On my last server I replaced torches in all recipes to use carpenters blocks torches (since they burn out in the rain, I hate the land covered in torches, proper lights are better), have you thought of the same?

I also suggest to make carpenters blocks take GT's sealed wood once he adds recipes in his machines for it (or has he already) in a sensible recipe with a single block output. Wood is endless after all and it worked well on my last server.

Is sleeping to skip the night disabled by default or will I need to change that?

EDIT1: Looking forward to Ars Magica 2 and Blood Magic, love with you did with the others.

EDIT2: You might also think about adding nikolite to the ore gen as a Custom ore, it has both a useful power cable and blue alloy is great to use in recipes (I used it in AE recipes on my last server). As well as enabling naquadah in the ore gen

EDIT3: Also useful to add all the missing tool/weapon names to the Bibliocraft config.

Last edited:

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
I am curious, not defaulting to adventure mode on? Does this work fine in adventure mode? I did not see any minetweaker things to add adventure mode breakable support to anything on a look-through, or does everything seem to work?
I haven't played too much with adventuring mode, it should work fine though. I don't see any real implications.

On my last server I replaced torches in all recipes to use carpenters blocks torches (since they burn out in the rain, I hate the land covered in torches, proper lights are better), have you thought of the same?

I also suggest to make carpenters blocks take GT's sealed wood once he adds recipes in his machines for it (or has he already) in a sensible recipe with a single block output. Wood is endless after all and it worked well on my last server.

Is sleeping to skip the night disabled by default or will I need to change that?

EDIT1: Looking forward to Ars Magica 2 and Blood Magic, love with you did with the others.

EDIT2: You might also think about adding nikolite to the ore gen as a Custom ore, it has both a useful power cable and blue alloy is great to use in recipes (I used it in AE recipes on my last server). As well as enabling naquadah in the ore gen

EDIT3: Also useful to add all the missing tool/weapon names to the Bibliocraft config.
Great ideas, I will look into all of them. As far as sleeping goes, you can only skip the night (and set your spawn) after you have made some basic GT tools (hammer, screwdriver) but you still can use the sleeping bag which needs 8 wool. Will add the two ores requested. (you gave me an idea with the nikolite) Also, yes it should be 24000. That will be fixed in the next update.

Good to know you are enjoying it.

Last edited:

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
I quite like the looks of this, the more balanced the better.

If you want to make changes to a mod that minetweaker does not support and it is a mod with a library interface then I or others can whip up something for you, just ask, and be as explicit as possible. :)

I was thinking about your offer and not really knowing exactly what a "library interface" is I have thought of something. One of the biggest things I am trying to do is make the early game interesting instead of grindy. Having played many modpacks I can say that Tinkers' Construct is really one of the biggest mods that does this and its addons. (Iguana Tinkers' Tweaks) It just makes early game more entertaining by making the tools system really cool and fun. Surprisingly, Upon adding the mods during my testing, the only real flaw that I came across was the early acquisition of aluminum. I pondered a solution but I didn't really want to make my own mod.

The solution would involve removing aluminum brass as a whole. (I tried with ModTweaker but it wouldn't do it) Replacing its functionality with different assortments of recipes to create "Raw" casting molds. Which would need to be cooked in a furnace to create the tool part cast. Here is an example:

X = Grout, Y = Stone Tool Part

X, X, X
X, Y, X
X, X, X

*Stone Tool Part is not consumed.

A lot of this can be done with Mine/ModTweaker but I don't really know about adding items. Do you have any idea on how I might do this? Preferably without coding my own mod.

Thanks for Reading, if you have any ideas just PM me.

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
Thats 1.7 GregTech, it take quite a long to do the ore dictionary unification. (Up to 6-8 Mins Depending on your Computer)
That is not strictly GT's fault, though he does have a N^2 algorithm in there (receives ore dict additions then scans over the recipe list). It is not too bad unless you have certain mods that add a *TON* of oredict items and/or recipes, like binnies mods (extra bees/trees), those types increases it *exponentially*. It is not the fault of GT or the other mods, but rather an artifact of how Forge's oredict works and the horrid inefficiencies of the stock minecraft recipe handler, which is about the worst possible design that it could possibly have (linear lookup every single time a recipe is parsed).

I was thinking about your offer and not really knowing exactly what a "library interface" is I have thought of something. One of the biggest things I am trying to do is make the early game interesting instead of grindy. Having played many modpacks I can say that Tinkers' Construct is really one of the biggest mods that does this and its addons. (Iguana Tinkers' Tweaks) It just makes early game more entertaining by making the tools system really cool and fun. Surprisingly, Upon adding the mods during my testing, the only real flaw that I came across was the early acquisition of aluminum. I pondered a solution but I didn't really want to make my own mod.

The solution would involve removing aluminum brass as a whole. (I tried with ModTweaker but it wouldn't do it) Replacing its functionality with different assortments of recipes to create "Raw" casting molds. Which would need to be cooked in a furnace to create the tool part cast. Here is an example:

X = Grout, Y = Stone Tool Part

X, X, X
X, Y, X
X, X, X

*Stone Tool Part is not consumed.

A lot of this can be done with Mine/ModTweaker but I don't really know about adding items. Do you have any idea on how I might do this? Preferably without coding my own mod.

Thanks for Reading, if you have any ideas just PM me.
By library interface I mean that I can link to it and not include API's or so (which is bad bad *BAD* design to include API's). ^.^

GT's metaitem system actually supports everything that tinkers construct can do, just need a mod made to make use of it. TiC itself is rather highly unbalanced though, it allows processing of high end metals way too early. It would actually be quite easy and fast to make a GT-styled multiblock structure like TiC's smeltery, which then could be balanced in any way you like. I could write the code if you could supply textures and crafting/structure ideas. It could be a completely enclosed smeltery to reduce graphics load, or could support windows and such like TiC's does and leave the top open. GT even has liquid metal for its metals as well so that would already fit well. GT added a block rendering hook at my request not long ago so that could be used to make custom non-cubed designs as well while fitting in his API. The only real work would be the design and code of the smeltery (the balanced design is truly the hard part). This way it would fit in the GT theme and look of things better while transparently supporting its useful parts (plus you could end up supporting steam powered heaters and eventually EU, but I think it would be best for it to be *slow* so as to fit in the tier better before better processing methods come up). Overall a non-straight TiC design might be best, the GT machines later on must stay relevant.

Coding your own mod is not that hard if you use GT's API, he has so many helpers and interfaces and such for everything that it makes it rather quite easy. The hard part for me has always been trying to balance and coming up with ideas that 'fit' in with everything.

EDIT: Personally I would actually stay away from metals as early tier. Humanity barely used metals as little more then decoration (if 'soft' metals like gold, unlike iron, which is very difficult to process in real life without advanced technology). Wood and stone technologies, of which there is *ample* to choose from in history, would make a great early game. I have been working on a 'wood/stone' early tier for GT, though I keep getting stumped by textures and balance questions. If you could supply or know someone who could supply the textures and if you could give input on the balance thoughts I keep having then I can whip up the code fairly quickly; I am a programmer, not an artist or designer, and I need such a counter-part to be efficient. ;-)

EDIT: Apparently this forum strips unicode emojis, why the hell...

Last edited:

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
I thought of that originally, but again, I haven't really looked into making mods. (I understand code, just not enough to mod) The thought was like a foundry multiblock that has special glass blocks and lava pouring out of the main structures' side into a small lava pool. The block would need energy input hatches, a liquid hatch, and maybe a faucet with casts and such, also a vent. (if GT has one) All hooking into GT's metatool system. Since GT has coded in melting temperatures for all metals (that make sense) it wouldn't provide any sort of early access/tier-skipping.

As far as textures go, I could give it a shot. Never done textures before but you don't know your bad at something until you try it. ;)

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, GT already has machines to melt the metal, would only really need a casting system, but even then that is really already done too since you can make heads for everything (and they stack so it is great for keeping a stack of tools in your inventory when mining).

Also, technically, lava is not hot enough to melt most metals. ;-)

But still, any thoughts on this:
EDIT: Personally I would actually stay away from metals as early tier. Humanity barely used metals as little more then decoration (if 'soft' metals like gold, unlike iron, which is very difficult to process in real life without advanced technology). Wood and stone technologies, of which there is *ample* to choose from in history, would make a great early game. I have been working on a 'wood/stone' early tier for GT, though I keep getting stumped by textures and balance questions. If you could supply or know someone who could supply the textures and if you could give input on the balance thoughts I keep having then I can whip up the code fairly quickly; I am a programmer, not an artist or designer, and I need such a counter-part to be efficient. ;-)

EDIT: Apparently this forum strips unicode emojis, why the hell...