[1.7.10] Amalgamate Technomancy - V2 New Idea, Same Pack [Gregtech, Hardmode] (95 Mods)

Which of these would you like to see the most?

• Total voters

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
I finally tested the pack: ITS AWESOME!
Please get the downloading problems fixed as fast as possible (I know, it depends on tfox83)

The balance is great, all recipes are "geggy" and the magic progression is just awesome.
I hope that you will be adding GalactiCraft next, if you didn't encountered any problems...[DOUBLEPOST=1414844589,1414800048][/DOUBLEPOST]Also: GeoStrata Textures bugged and the TreeCapicitator mod ruins balance (Thaumcraft) and doesn't work with GT-Tools

Methes

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using modified version of your modpack and it's great so far, your scripts are awesome.
I suggest following change though:

Replace
recipes.addShaped(<CarpentersBlocks:blockCarpentersTorch> * 2, [[<ore:gemCoal>, null, null], [<ore:stickWood>, null, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(<CarpentersBlocks:blockCarpentersTorch> * 2, [[<ore:gemCharcoal>, null, null], [<ore:stickWood>, null, null]]);

With
recipes.addShapedMirrored(<CarpentersBlocks:blockCarpentersTorch> * 2, [[<ore:gemCoal>, null], [<ore:stickWood>, null]]);
recipes.addShapedMirrored(<CarpentersBlocks:blockCarpentersTorch> * 2, [[<ore:gemCharcoal>, null], [<ore:stickWood>, null]]);

That way you can craft torches in inventory, you don't need crafting bench for it, and also mirrored recipes work.

Also I don't know if you want to apply ZA alrgorithms to all mobs but with default settings it should be just zombies and skeletons. In that case you can use:
blacklistAITick=SpecialMobs.SpecialZombie, SpecialMobs.BrutishZombie, SpecialMobs.FireZombie, SpecialMobs.FishingZombie, SpecialMobs.GiantZombie, SpecialMobs.HungryZombie, SpecialMobs.PlagueZombie, SpecialMobs.SpecialSkeleton, SpecialMobs.BrutishSkeleton, SpecialMobs.FireSkeleton, SpecialMobs.GatlingSkeleton, SpecialMobs.GiantSkeleton, SpecialMobs.PoisonSkeleton, SpecialMobs.SniperSkeleton, SpecialMobs.SpitfireSkeleton, SpecialMobs.ThiefSkeleton,
forceListUsedAITickAsWhitelist=true

vrak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting the same starting vanilla problem reported earlier. Poking about a bit it seems to me that it doesn't fully extract everything from the pack archive, as several files were missing from the installation directory. I didn't check everything, but I did notice that everything after ThaumicTinkerer wasn't there. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the archive the launcher downloads; it is slightly (~150kbyte) larger than the download you posted earlier and appears to contain everything needed (including the missing mod files). I haven't done a file-by-file comparison, so I can't say for certain that it is complete though.

Manually extracting the archive downloaded by the launcher into the installation directory seemingly works, but I get a duplicate mod error for a mod called "AmalgamateTechnomancy" trying to start it up. You can check the log here: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/cae3d418
Another interesting bit from that log is that it's apparently launching with FML 7.10.25.1208, rather than .1224+. I have no idea why it's doing that.

In another twist, the server pack downloads and runs just fine.

EDIT: So, I couldn't well leave this alone and kept picking at it. Technical stuff ahead!

The starting-as-vanilla problem seems to have come from a missing or badly made pack.json file. I copied one from another pack and manually adjusted it to the same forge version the server version uses, .1230. This got me back to the point with the duplicate mod, so after reading through the debug log for a while it seemed to me that FML got confused and added the CS2 Amalgamate mod twice, for whatever reason. Once right in the middle of all the other mods, but also one time prior to that when it was walking around the file tree searching for mods. I have no idea why it did this, so I tried packing up the SC2_AmalgamateTechnomancy directory in the mods directory into a zip archive. After a few false starts (mainly me derping + 7zip being helpful by keeping the original directory), I finally got it working. It's running right now, I'm connected to my local server and stuff seems to work as it should.
TL;DR: manual tweaking got it working. Yay me! :)

On another note, Electro-Magic tools seem to be missing a ton of textures. Is this a known bug or something?

EDIT2: So, one of my peeves from playing earlier just reminded me. Why are high-end foods nerfed so hard? A feast or other large meal loses more than half its value in food and saturation after one of them. Why should I bother going to all the steps necessary to get them if they're so nerfed?

Last edited:

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
Sorry for the late(ish) replies, I have been preparing for Draenor. Anyways,

@vrak
Interesting, that must be on FTB's side, all I submit is the configs, the mt scrtipts, the mods, and pyro's textures. I will inform tfox of it though

The food nerf is coming from a mod called spice of life. The point of it is so that you don't live off one particualr food. So that you spread out your spectrum from just supreme pizzas (or whatever food you primarily eat) to incorporate other foods like fries, hamburgers, milk shakes, piña colada (are those even in the game?) and other various foods. Eat a few other things and the food will go back up to its full potential.

@Methes
I will look into it, I didn't even know that my current recipe didn't let you craft them in your inventory.

@Erik3003
Galacticraft will come, I have been speaking with Overmind about maybe getting some custom gregtech stuff in for it. As far GeoStrata, I believe Reika knows of this issue, his fix is to just reload the chunks by pressing F3 + A.
I added treecapitator for realism's sake, I mean breaking the bottom of a tree and having the rest of it be suspended in mid-air by some strange and mysterious force is rather strange, I will look into adding GT meta-tools to it.

vrak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware of what SpiceOfLife does, and how it works. What I was whining (I guess) about is how fast the diminishing returns kicks in. Immediately just seems a tad excessive. If I want to get full use out of my food it means I have to lug around 12 (14?) different kinds, which is rather many. (Yes, I know I have backpacks.) Crafting them will take a fair bit of time too. Which brings me to my point: it's just faster, easier and more sensible to keep a well stocked berry garden and juice them.

EDIT: Oh, also, thaumcraft shards. Do I have to dig into bees to get them?

EDIT2: How the heck do I remove ExUt pipes?

Last edited:

Methes

Jul 29, 2019
@vrak
ExUt pipes can be removed in the config. I also recommend disabling Ender Lily, Survival Generator and perhaps Angel Ring.
As for TC shards - there is essence stone ore in GT ore list, but I couldn't find it in GT config, so I'm not sure.

I'm currently experimenting with adding TiCo and heavily nerfing it with IguanaTweaks and MineTweaker.

vrak

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I wasn't talking about removing the pipes from the game. I have some placed, and I couldn't remove them. At least, not in adventure mode. It works with an empty hand in survival mode, however. So for now I've had to disable the forced adventure mode. I tried every type of wrench and plenty of different swords, axes, shovels, pickaxes... Probably some other things as well.

As for the thaumcraft shards, I have noticed that there are ores that yield them. I do hope they haven't gotten the greggy ore generation makeover though, that'll make it an utter PITA to find them. Probably enough to warrant digging into bees...

Methes

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. In that case, use GT crowbar. Everything is destroyable with that in adventure mode. Even TC nodes.

vrak

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, tried the crowbar and it doesn't do it either. Not the GT one, nor the RC one.

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
Watchful just informed me that it should be fixed, so you should be good going with the unmodified launcher version now.

Sev07

Jul 29, 2019
Watchful just informed me that it should be fixed, so you should be good going with the unmodified launcher version now.

when you start writing:
"forge mod loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation. you have mod source that are duplicate within your system.
mod ID : file name

AmalgamateTechnomancy : CS2_AmalgamateTechnomancy
AmalgamateTechnomancy : minecraft"

client crash when creating a new world.

Deleting a folder also does not help

Eysenleber

Jul 29, 2019
BUMP!

I look inside this thread since a week and since a week ive got the same problem like the user above me - mod support dead or whats going on? i tried the fix a few posts above but it wont work- when i do the zip fix it says the mods are there but all not loaded =/ i REALLY wanna play this modpack but so far it looks support wise dead for me... =(

pls help or send me a link with the whole pack in an archive so that i can overwrite the actual ftb version...

IF ftb has some screw-up there then i ask one of the support-staff members to help us pls !

Ta
Eysen

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
Sorry for the absence,
I am beginning to update the pack to the lastest version of all of the mods, I can't fathom why that folder/mod keeps getting duplicated and will look into it more.

Shoshy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same issue as @Sev07 and @Eysenleber . I tried messing around with it a bit, but it's still not working :/
If I try removing the duplicate folder, then it says I'm not using the correct version of forge.

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
V2.0.0 is on the launcher!

See the main post for changes. :)

If you have an old version of the pack, I would advise deleting it, it appears the launcher does not delete old configs.

Last edited:

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
looks like modlist is missing bloodmagic but it's currently in the pack, no clue which one is wrong :p