[1.7.10] Amalgamate Technomancy - V2 New Idea, Same Pack [Gregtech, Hardmode] (95 Mods)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Which of these would you like to see the most?

• Total voters

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
Yeah, I very much like the idea, and can try to help you with your texturing and balancing of the mod. What balance questions do you have? What needs textures?

As far as ideas go, you might consider taking some inspiration from TerraFrimaCraft, it has a cool knapping system for making stone tools in which you "click" away pieces of the stone into certain shapes for certain tools. On a different note, what really kept me interested in tinkers' is less so the tool making system but the modification system. Maybe if that was toned down a bit and made to be more primitive. For Example, killing a skeleton and using something like bone shards to add slight sharpness to a sword. Different sticks from different breeds of trees yielding handles with different durability values. (Maybe EBXL integration?) I've seen requests on the IC2 forms for a GT Meta-Hammer (3x3 Mining Tool for GT) That's all I can come up with at the moment, but I will defiantly put more thought into it.

As far as lava goes, I know it would have just been there for aesthetics. Energy would be melting the metal, a really, really *really* inefficient circuit will do. ;)

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered adding iguana tweaks to increase hardness and other things? I always have it on my servers. I set its hardness increase from 2-4 times overall in addition to gregtechs stone hardness for extra hardness on stones, it encourages the use of jackhammers on my servers.

Yeah, I very much like the idea, and can try to help you with your texturing and balancing of the mod. What balance questions do you have? What needs textures?

As far as ideas go, you might consider taking some inspiration from TerraFrimaCraft, it has a cool knapping system for making stone tools in which you "click" away pieces of the stone into certain shapes for certain tools. On a different note, what really kept me interested in tinkers' is less so the tool making system but the modification system. Maybe if that was toned down a bit and made to be more primitive. For Example, killing a skeleton and using something like bone shards to add slight sharpness to a sword. Different sticks from different breeds of trees yielding handles with different durability values. (Maybe EBXL integration?) I've seen requests on the IC2 forms for a GT Meta-Hammer (3x3 Mining Tool for GT) That's all I can come up with at the moment, but I will defiantly put more thought into it.

As far as lava goes, I know it would have just been there for aesthetics. Energy would be melting the metal, a really, really *really* inefficient circuit will do. ;)

Basically everything needs textures, currently just using random textures that do not fit very well. Balance will definitely need to have costs and runs and such considered over time, just keep getting stalled with design and textures, takes up way too much time compared to the coding part... >.<

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
I could give the texturing a shot. I will probably add iguana's.

I just pushed a commit to github, Just a bit of progress/additions/fixes for the 1.1.0 release. I am thinking full Thaumonomicon integration with mods like Blood Magic wouldn't work. (Altar recipes can't be in the Thaumonmicon) I will however make that "entry-item" for BM, AM2 require research.

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
I have let this pack try and load for about 15 min still with no luck fully loading. below is that last messages that the console window showed. Sorry about the long post. not sure how to do a spoiler.

[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockLimestone !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockPeridotite !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockOpal !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockQuartz !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockShale !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockSandstone !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockMigmatite !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockOnyx !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockMarble !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockGranulite !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockSlate !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockPumice !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockGranite !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockSchist !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockGneiss !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockHornfel !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockBasalt !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
I have let this pack try and load for about 15 min still with no luck fully loading. below is that last messages that the console window showed. Sorry about the long post. not sure how to do a spoiler.

[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockLimestone !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockPeridotite !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockOpal !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockQuartz !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockShale !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockSandstone !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockMigmatite !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockOnyx !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockMarble !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockGranulite !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockSlate !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockPumice !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockGranite !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockSchist !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockGneiss !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockHornfel !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.
[23:21:35] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:966]: Thingy Name: rockBasalt !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.

It just GregTech doing its ore dictionary unification. Essentially GregTech cleans up the mess that is the ore dictionary and because I have mods like Binnies Mods that add alot of ore dictionary entries. You just have to give it time.

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
I could give the texturing a shot. I will probably add iguana's.

I just pushed a commit to github, Just a bit of progress/additions/fixes for the 1.1.0 release. I am thinking full Thaumonomicon integration with mods like Blood Magic wouldn't work. (Altar recipes can't be in the Thaumonmicon) I will however make that "entry-item" for BM, AM2 require research.
I like that the entry-items require that.

I am having to alter configs for my server and client packs still, a couple changes I need, I will try and figure out everything I need and see if you like them for the main pack. Main bit is definitely harderstone and starting axe for adventure mode (why is that false anyway? It only does anything if in adventure mode anyway).

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
I like that the entry-items require that.

I am having to alter configs for my server and client packs still, a couple changes I need, I will try and figure out everything I need and see if you like them for the main pack. Main bit is definitely harderstone and starting axe for adventure mode (why is that false anyway? It only does anything if in adventure mode anyway).

Its not off anymore. I completely forgot the reason why I didn't force adventure mode in the first place.

Looks really great :D How are you about adding GalactiCraft (GT tweaked of curse)?

I was thinking about it and probably will. Galacticraft would create a good "final frontier". I will probably make it like LuV. (Very Expensive)

Reactions: Erik3003

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking about it and probably will. Galacticraft would create a good "final frontier". I will probably make it like LuV. (Very Expensive)​
The warp drive mod (requires IC2 and one of the computers mods like opencomputers), if it ever updates to 1.7, would also be fantastic to add, especially since it is fairly well balanced as it is.

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
Well as it turns out, I'm terrible at creating textures. :(

So, I was curious if anyone who is good at doing such things could create some for me. I will give you credit in the original post.
I am working on the 1.1.0 version of the pack and there is a lot of new mods, tweaks and such to the pack. One mod i've taken interest in is Custom Stuff 3; this mod makes it very easy to add custom items, and pretty much create a mod without "creating a mod". I am adding a few new items for the creation of Modular Powersuits:
-Core of the Cosmos
-Neutronium Reinforced Shoulderplate
-Tungstensteel Armor Socket
-Super Nova Essence
-Dark Matter Ingot
-Dark Matter Plate
-Tesla Circuit
-Wormhole Drive
-Flux Capacitor
-Fabric of Time.

*As far as how to create these items, MineTweaker has got my back.

If anyone could create "good" textures for these items that would help me out a lot, for now its going to be whatever I manage to orchestrate in Photoshop.

Thanks in advance ;)

Methes

Jul 29, 2019
How is the 1.1.0 version going? So far I've really enjoyed your balance style and I'd love to see more!

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
It was just released, here is the changelog:

V1.1.0

-Added Better Title Screen
-Added Treecapitator
-Added Powersuits +Dependencies /Powersuit Addons
-Added CustomStuff 2
-Added Blood Magic
-Added PneumaticCraft

-Removed ExtraBiomesXL*

-Updated almost everything

Included Pyrolusites Textures with his permission = http://i.imgur.com/aiWmv0t.png

The newest thaumcraft needs 1224+ and in the update forge changed the whole biome id, multiple of 10 thing. So EBXL doesn't support it currently. In the future I will most likely use a mod called Realistic World Generation.

Methes

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it's a problem on my end but launching version 1.1.0 via FTB launcher launches Vanilla instead of Forge.

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
Thats a FTB launcher thing, it happens to me sometimes too. Try changing your download location.