1.7.10 Alpha Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Don't debate the modpack makers about the purpose of their own modpacks. Keep in mind that the maker of optifine doesn't let modpacks use his mod so they can't even say that their users should go and use it.

Well there is Fastcraft now which give fairly good performance boost and is much much much slimmer and compatible compared to Optifine.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Well there is Fastcraft now which give fairly good performance boost and is much much much slimmer and compatible compared to Optifine.

Also not allowed to be distributed in packs.[DOUBLEPOST=1412134505][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry if this has already been answered, but when might an update for magequest come out? I remember Gustoniaeagle saying one would be released in a couple days on the 22, but I don't believe one was released.

Ummm he's not on the modpack team. I believe he was saying he was releasing an update for his mod. There are several updates going into both Lite and Mage Quest.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
So, the only form of item transport is extra utilities correct? In .0.3 lite I mean

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
So, the only form of item transport is extra utilities correct? In .0.3 lite I mean

Until I find a mod that adds nothing but transport and doesn't have the FMP pipe/duct/tube tps/fps bug. All of the mods that currently have transport aside from MFR and ExU are very large and heavy. I'd prefer people pick which of the other mods they might want to drop in for that. I wish Tubes hadn't had the FMP issue :( ... cause aside from that it would be perfect.

The only other option I am looking into is Router Reborn. but its more a sorting system than an item transport.

Reactions: GreatOrator

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Until I find a mod that adds nothing but transport and doesn't have the FMP pipe/duct/tube tps/fps bug. All of the mods that currently have transport aside from MFR and ExU are very large and heavy. I'd prefer people pick which of the other mods they might want to drop in for that. I wish Tubes hadn't had the FMP issue :( ... cause aside from that it would be perfect.

The only other option I am looking into is Router Reborn. but its more a sorting system than an item transport.
How about Refined Relocation?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
It's cool. It's not like you can do anything about it. Everyone is all in on fmp. I will survive (on exutils)... Once I get my head around it, I'll just install ae2 over the pack to replace what I'll have at that time. I await the first line of coming packs. Be gentle... but not too gentle.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That was 5 minutes that should have been 1. He must have sliced up that clip like 8 times.

one minute would still be very long
pretty funny that I had Rick Astley's "Never gonna give you up" running in the background while watching the video

Reactions: buggirlexpres

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
That was 5 minutes that should have been 1. He must have sliced up that clip like 8 times.
one minute of it was intro. are you insinuating that he should just give a bullet point presentation? no preamble, just spit what he's got to say and get off the mic?

"I dropped that mic, I didn't even like that rhyme anyway bruh" ~D.W.twomp

I thought his video was informative (enough) and gave an idea of what is coming in the short term. If you don't enjoy dire, that's one thing entirely, but I could have gone for another minute if he would have actually talked about the mods he's considering adding.

Reactions: Vogon

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
one minute of it was intro. are you insinuating that he should just give a bullet point presentation? no preamble, just spit what he's got to say and get off the mic?

"I dropped that mic, I didn't even like that rhyme anyway bruh" ~D.W.twomp

I thought his video was informative (enough) and gave an idea of what is coming in the short term. If you don't enjoy dire, that's one thing entirely, but I could have gone for another minute if he would have actually talked about the mods he's considering adding.

When I saw the video (who me? Stalking DW?) just after it posted I was hoping to get a partial list of included mods. They have been playing with a lot of interesting mods on the server play series and I'm hoping some make it to the new pack.

I guess DW is playing it like a media channel... Save the best parts for Ep. 1. :D At least he doesn't do like a lot of my favorite Anime, and dribble out back-story details over the entire season...

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
When I saw the video (who me? Stalking DW?) just after it posted I was hoping to get a partial list of included mods. They have been playing with a lot of interesting mods on the server play series and I'm hoping some make it to the new pack.

I guess DW is playing it like a media channel... Save the best parts for Ep. 1. :D At least he doesn't do like a lot of my favorite Anime, and dribble out back-story details over the entire season...
If you'd really like to know the contents of DW20, it's in closed beta now, and Wyld has been streaming it on Twitch (I think I saw Bacon Donut also showing it off). There are a lot of known favorites (of course), but it's not for me to start rumors about what Dire is only considering. I will say the DW20 1.7 pack is not final yet, but the beta has updated within the past day or two (Wyld is streaming as I type this).

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah there are plenty of us that have been streaming/recording the pack recently. I can't speak for anyone else but on top of streaming I have a few videos on my youtube of the pack in action so feel free to check those out. My most recent was actually from a live stream the other night with Fireball1725, tfox83, prog and tlove. So there is plenty you can gather from the videos at least; however, the list is not finalized so while you can imagine certain big mods that will be there, there is no guarantee that anything there will still be there on release. Vein miner will certainly not be in the release though it is in the test version.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
If you'd really like to know the contents of DW20, it's in closed beta now, and Wyld has been streaming it on Twitch (I think I saw Bacon Donut also showing it off). There are a lot of known favorites (of course), but it's not for me to start rumors about what Dire is only considering. I will say the DW20 1.7 pack is not final yet, but the beta has updated within the past day or two (Wyld is streaming as I type this).

I've been watching both Wyld and Bacon Donut's streams for the past week, and while both have taken their time when scrolling through the NEI modlist menu so people can get a good look, both have mentioned that things certainly may be removed and added.

Just last night I was watching Bacon Donut bemoaning the fact that decent ducts weren't in the pack yet and he wished EnderIO was included... DW20 (or someone pretending to be, I can't tell yet on twitch) happened to be in the chat at the time and said EnderIO was being added. Who knows?

Anyway, DW's announcement YouTube vid says the new pack will probably be out by the end of Oct., hopefully by mid-Oct. (would that be Quad? :D)

GantradiesDracos

Jul 29, 2019

or spending 3-5 episodes charging up? XD

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019

The only mod that comes to mind that would fit is Steves Factory Manager. I little complicated to get used to at first but I hear it's very light on the client and server.

Status
Not open for further replies.