1.7.10 Alpha Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point of lite. If it's supposed to be simple utility mods, as a foundation for making mod packs, then MFR/TE (and jetpacks) seem to be very heavy / big for it.

You're interpreting the point differently.

Its a lightweight pack. It has all the benefits of modded, but feels closer to vanilla. It works on old machines. It can be used as a base to add mods to for personal play or for a small server. It is made from the mods that perform the best on average in various profiling tests.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
First of all: Thanks for all the effort to make these modpacks, really got addicted to Feed the Beast and all it's modpacks :)

A little question regarding MageQuest (I already wrote something in the bugreport-thread about it, but after another few tries, I thought I might ask here):
About the "Magical Forest"-biome of thaumcraft, was there something changed about "how" they're created, like they need to spread first or something?

I was used to finding magical forests quite fast in other modpacks with thaumcraft, but after now about 25~30 tries - I stopped counting ^^" - I still can't find any magical forest anywhere in the worlds created. Even a rare spot with about 5~6 silverwood trees nearby eachother was still a normal biome. So I'm wondering, if I am either really unlucky or if the whole "how magical forests are created" changed and I'm just oversaw something about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SolManX

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
First of all: Thanks for all the effort to make these modpacks, really got addicted to Feed the Beast and all it's modpacks :)

A little question regarding MageQuest (I already wrote something in the bugreport-thread about it, but after another few tries, I thought I might ask here):
About the "Magical Forest"-biome of thaumcraft, was there something changed about "how" they're created, like they need to spread first or something?

I was used to finding magical forests quite fast in other modpacks with thaumcraft, but after now about 25~30 tries - I stopped counting ^^" - I still can't find any magical forest anywhere in the worlds created. Even a rare spot with about 5~6 silverwood trees nearby eachother was still a normal biome. So I'm wondering, if I am either really unlucky or if the whole "how magical forests are created" changed and I'm just oversaw something about it.

I think they changed, there's a config option to revert their spawn behavior.... so I think it changed?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
What would spawn a witch in the lite pack? There are no Swamp biome generated in my world yet.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I don't know about 1.7, but I played 1.6 enough to know that that isn't true at least for 1.6.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I think they changed, there's a config option to revert their spawn behavior.... so I think it changed?

Thank you for the advice about looking into the config.
Tested around abit and it seems, that actually everything is normal (from how I knew it), just the default-value of how often the biome is created, makes them really, really rare. Guess I will play around with that value a bit to find my "feeling well with it" value then.

[edit]
"Normal" in the way "how magical forests look" I mean.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Because Lite is a lightweight pack. Maps are heavy

Dang. Modded Minecraft just isn't a complete modded experience for me without some kind of map mod to help me plan my base layout. I find the craftable vanilla maps somewhat lacking when it comes to getting proper details. If it is even still being updated by someone, Rei's Minimap would've been a good choice, other than that though a lot of them do tend to be a bit heavy hitting on performance.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: SatanicSanta

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
For some reason I have my ram slider set at 1 GB ram for Java set from the launcher. Whatever I select from the slider seems to have no effect on the game as it goes well above 1.4 gb

Gizmit

Jul 29, 2019
So, played quite a bit of MageQuest. Is there any way to turn down the number of Talismans and Minecraft Celebrity heads in treasure chests? After spawning in a mega-desert with three different temples, I found a chest worth of heads, talismans, blank talismans, and belts. Also, three iron ingots, two Thaumcraft mundane rings, and one Ordo ring.

Looking through the map with MCEdit, I don't see any Ruins, even after I generated out to 1000 blocks. I think I got the worst seed, ever.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason I have my ram slider set at 1 GB ram for Java set from the launcher. Whatever I select from the slider seems to have no effect on the game as it goes well above 1.4 gb
Check your java version. If I remember correctly, 32bit java does not allow you to go over 1GB so you need to make sure you are using 64bit java. (newest versions of minecraft almost require it now)

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
The problem is that the launcher is not capping the ram used by java... that is going well over 1.4gb. So I'm sure it's 64 bit.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that the launcher is not capping the ram used by java... that is going well over 1.4gb. So I'm sure it's 64 bit.
My apologies, I misread that. though 1.4 GB of memory is sort of low for modded minecraft. Try @SatanicSanta 's JVM arguments to maybe get a little better performance from your machine then.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
The fast craft mod helped. His arguments didn't change anything for me.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The size of the heap -- 1 GB in your case -- is not the size used by java.

The JVM itself is extra. Buffers allocated outside of the heap, for sound or video, in system memory exists as well. Etc.

Basically, any native java object -- which includes the classes -- will be on the heap somewhere. But memory allocated by native routines for dealing with the system drivers probably will not.

===

32 bit java can use more than 1 GB. How much more depends on a lot of things. I've seen systems that maxed out at 1100m; I've seen systems that could do 1498m, but not 1500m. I've heard of linux systems that could do 2500m.

All you can do is experiment. And, hope you can actually type in a number, and not just try moving the slider.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
You're interpreting the point differently.

Its a lightweight pack. It has all the benefits of modded, but feels closer to vanilla. It works on old machines. It can be used as a base to add mods to for personal play or for a small server. It is made from the mods that perform the best on average in various profiling tests.
I would like to see mods like carpenter blocks and chisel in all of the FTB packs, they are amazing mods. Also statues is also a really cool mod.
As for lite what about a mod like food plus, its light weight and adds a nice food base

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Question; in Mage Quest, will we be able to remove mods without screwing the quests up?

Status
Not open for further replies.