[1.7.10] After End [ALPHA][HQM][Spaceblock - sorta]

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I guess that makes sense but personally on my first try I slept in a bed in the second station (the one with the broken big reactor) so I couldn't grab the tanks that are in the first station afterward.
You can still fly the space shuttle if you wanted to go back :)
But the big reactor isn't broken, it just needs fuel (LOTS OF FUEL)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to fly an escape pod but I failed xD
Difficult pack :p For me at least.
I won't lie, I can't fly either. Make sure you look at the controls, as I believe the keys clash. I didn't want to send my options.txt (which holds my default key bindings) as it would also override the default graphics settings, which may annoy some people.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a nice start.
Galacticcraft slowly gets me more and more interessted xD

Two little questions:
1) Is there a way to stay inside the escape-pod when you click shift to do something else? (it always pushed me outside of the top when I do that, hehe)

2) Are there any controlls for flying inside the vacuum or do you need first some kind of jetpack for this?
(I really struggle with reaching the point I want to be with the weird flying-controls, especially when the escape-pod shoots me out like a canonball :D)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a nice start.
Galacticcraft slowly gets me more and more interessted xD

Two little questions:
1) Is there a way to stay inside the escape-pod when you click shift to do something else? (it always pushed me outside of the top when I do that, hehe)

2) Are there any controlls for flying inside the vacuum or do you need first some kind of jetpack for this?
(I really struggle with reaching the point I want to be with the weird flying-controls, especially when the escape-pod shoots me out like a canonball :D)
I believe you have minimum control in the vacuum of space when you "fly free" (the GC author said it's like you have little jets of oxygen pushing you, but not actually using any.

The escape pods are like boats and minecarts, you shift to dismount, so don't do that (or see if you can change the keybind, I never looked into it)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you have minimum control in the vacuum of space when you "fly free" (the GC author said it's like you have little jets of oxygen pushing you, but not actually using any.

The escape pods are like boats and minecarts, you shift to dismount, so don't do that (or see if you can change the keybind, I never looked into it)

Alright thanks :)
Guess it's more getting used of the weird flight xD

Ah and I meant in case I "want" to dismount it. I parked it nicely at the airlock of the space station and then pressed shift. But I guess I need to plan a bit different for this next time.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Alright thanks :)
Guess it's more getting used of the weird flight xD

Ah and I meant in case I "want" to dismount it. I parked it nicely at the airlock of the space station and then pressed shift. But I guess I need to plan a bit different for this next time.
F5 mode flight, you need to make sure in lines up with the thing perfectly, and you land on the small platform thingy, otherwise it will fall.

Saeko

Jul 29, 2019
You can still fly the space shuttle if you wanted to go back :)
But the big reactor isn't broken, it just needs fuel (LOTS OF FUEL)

Nope, can't go back to the space shuttle if you respawn in a bed of the second station, you'll be out of air before even getting to your aircraft.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, can't go back to the space shuttle if you respawn in a bed of the second station, you'll be out of air before even getting to your aircraft.
Ah yes, oxygen :/ That is a small issue... Hmm, I will have to think about that. Emergency air, but how :/

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if that is meant to be, but it seems the oxygen-collector (where the single tree is) is somehow cut of from the power line. So getting new oxygen seems a bit difficult at the start when you first need to see how to connect it again.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if that is meant to be, but it seems the oxygen-collector (where the single tree is) is somehow cut of from the power line. So getting new oxygen seems a bit difficult at the start when you first need to see how to connect it again.
Damn, did I forget to fix that connection -_- Did the harvester work?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, did I forget to fix that connection -_- Did the harvester work?

No, the harvester gets no energy. The cable is only connected to this block-extender (which I'm still trying to figure out, new mod to me).
Only 4 cables were missing to the oxygen-collector. Luckily has them collected from finding the huge energy-loss. Mean to hide one more cable-connection to the ME-system xD

And I'm really new to galacticcraft, but from what I read the oxygen-collector is supposed to "eat up" leaf-blocks. Not sure how fast this happens, but from what I saw so far from these "dry rubber-leaves" not a single block was consumed yet, with 1 oxygenseal being filled, with 2 1/2 medium oxygen-tanks filled (with the oxygen compressor) and the internal buffer for oxygen-compressor and oxygen-collector filled.
As said: don't know how this works, but having so much oxygen collected without a leaf-block to disappear I'm not sure if there might be a bug with these dry-rubber-leaves.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No, the harvester gets no energy. The cable is only connected to this block-extender (which I'm still trying to figure out, new mod to me).
Only 4 cables were missing to the oxygen-collector. Luckily has them collected from finding the huge energy-loss. Mean to hide one more cable-connection to the ME-system xD

And I'm really new to galacticcraft, but from what I read the oxygen-collector is supposed to "eat up" leaf-blocks. Not sure how fast this happens, but from what I saw so far from these "dry rubber-leaves" not a single block was consumed yet, with 1 oxygenseal being filled, with 2 1/2 medium oxygen-tanks filled (with the oxygen compressor) and the internal buffer for oxygen-compressor and oxygen-collector filled.
As said: don't know how this works, but having so much oxygen collected without a leaf-block to disappear I'm not sure if there might be a bug with these dry-rubber-leaves.
No, I believe it changed recently, as I didn't see normal oak leaves being eaten up either.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
No, I believe it changed recently, as I didn't see normal oak leaves being eaten up either.

Alright.

About the harvester. I played around a bit with cheating some items in for testing it (since it acted weird a bit)
- These galcticcraft-wires seem not to give it any energy. First I thought the ui is broken (since the newer version of mfr seems not to show the energy-level correctly) but when I put a creative-energy-cell beside it, at least the numbers of the energy-line filled and it started it's idle-timer.
- The other thing is, that the "block-extender -> transfer node"-setup seems not to work. When I put a chest behind it, it suddenly started to work and putting everything into the chest.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Alright.

About the harvester. I played around a bit with cheating some items in for testing it (since it acted weird a bit)
- These galcticcraft-wires seem not to give it any energy. First I thought the ui is broken (since the newer version of mfr seems not to show the energy-level correctly) but when I put a creative-energy-cell beside it, at least the numbers of the energy-line filled and it started it's idle-timer.
- The other thing is, that the "block-extender -> transfer node"-setup seems not to work. When I put a chest behind it, it suddenly started to work and putting everything into the chest.
Hmm, I need to read up on them... I put it there and never configured it :p

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I need to read up on them... I put it there and never configured it :p

Well, a new mod to me, too. So trying to figure out all these block-extenders and so myself. ^^"

And one more thing about the harvester: You need to put at least one upgrade into it. Since at the moment the setup is, that the tree-location is exactly 1 block outside of it "no upgrade"-configuration. ^^ (so the lapis-upgrade would already be enough)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well, a new mod to me, too. So trying to figure out all these block-extenders and so myself. ^^"

And one more thing about the harvester: You need to put at least one upgrade into it. Since at the moment the setup is, that the tree-location is exactly 1 block outside of it "no upgrade"-configuration. ^^ (so the lapis-upgrade would already be enough)
Did I not make it harvestable? Oh, my bad. Yeah, upgrades will be added :)

And I don't know refined relocation either, I just expected it to work like the transvector interface from Thaumic Tinkerer :p