[1.7.10][240+ Mods] SeriousPack - Magic, Tech and Adventure | Custom Ore Gen

Hivemind

Jul 29, 2019
Great glad the update is out.
Im just having a few problems.
The ic2 localization seems to be messed up and i cant get portals to the deep dark to work.

Edit: also unable to start a server.

Last edited:

Valleriani

Jul 29, 2019
The server issue
The ic2 localization seems to be messed up and i cant get portals to the deep dark to work.

The server issue is most likely because he left the JourneyMap mod inside the server mods folder. Delete that file and the server should boot. It is a client side mod only i'd assume ;)

ChestBras

Jul 29, 2019
Got the latest update. All solar Flux panel create 2RF/t, even if NEI says more, and even if that's not the setting in the configs.

Valleriani

Jul 29, 2019
Spawning the Factorization mod Colossus will crash the client in MP until the entity is removed. Only way to remove it is typically through MCEdit. It doesn't crash however in single player.

I would suggest in your factorization configure file disabling the 'colossi' until the bug is fixed (B:generateColossi change to false). It's been reported to the mod creator already but it's not solved just yet.

(http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ft-mods/1284592-factorization-0-8-92?page=140)

For solarflux, it's probably because it's outdated, there was a bunch of errors in .5b, I believe .7 is out now

(http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ar-flux-a-k-a-compactsolars-for-redstone-flux)

Last edited:

SeriousCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry guys, didn't get notifications that there were new posts here.

I will look into the ic2 localization and deep dark and let you know what's up soon! I think i've been slacking on updating IC2 stuff a little bit.

Got the latest update. All solar Flux panel create 2RF/t, even if NEI says more, and even if that's not the setting in the configs.

Very odd, will update to the latest one soon and see if that fixes it. Thanks for letting me know!

Spawning the Factorization mod Colossus will crash the client in MP until the entity is removed. Only way to remove it is typically through MCEdit. It doesn't crash however in single player.

I would suggest in your factorization configure file disabling the 'colossi' until the bug is fixed (B:generateColossi change to false). It's been reported to the mod creator already but it's not solved just yet.

(http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ft-mods/1284592-factorization-0-8-92?page=140)

For solarflux, it's probably because it's outdated, there was a bunch of errors in .5b, I believe .7 is out now

(http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ar-flux-a-k-a-compactsolars-for-redstone-flux)

Thanks a lot for helping out and posting these links! Yes the factorization thing is a known issue right now, i hope that this will be fixed soon as well (would love to fight these guys on the server).

A new update should come out soon, hopefully it will fix some of these problems :)

-SC

Valleriani

Jul 29, 2019
-IC2 machines don't have names, not sure why that is. Achievements in this field don't have names either, odd. There are some other mods that do this like AW2 but IC2 is the big one that I know had names in the past.

-GalacticCraft oil should be disabled because buildcraft oil works. BC oil works in both refineries (Galcraft one and BC one) but not the other way around. GC claims that if BC is there, disable GC oil (I'm guessing by setting the value to 0 in the GC oil field.)

SeriousCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
-IC2 machines don't have names, not sure why that is. Achievements in this field don't have names either, odd. There are some other mods that do this like AW2 but IC2 is the big one that I know had names in the past.

-GalacticCraft oil should be disabled because buildcraft oil works. BC oil works in both refineries (Galcraft one and BC one) but not the other way around. GC claims that if BC is there, disable GC oil (I'm guessing by setting the value to 0 in the GC oil field.)

Next version should fix most of IC2's localizations. Latest version still has a few items left that don't have proper name, but from what i can tell, most items are okay now.
Galacticraft oil will be disabled by default with the next pack update. That oil causes a lot of FPS problems. Was actually gonna disable that last time but forgot heh.

I'll try to submit the pack update tonight, so hopefully it should show up on the launcher soon.

-SC

Valleriani

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome mate, keep up the good work then. It's a great modpack. Have a good few mates playing it now 8)

Valleriani

Jul 29, 2019
AncientWarefare is a bit buggy. Found a neat bug, will probably submit it to them but you can get a perm crash where you can't use the map anymore. Not so good :p Happens in SP too:

A. Make a mushroom farm. Seal the area so it's dark.
B. Add red mushrooms (I assume other ones work too.) Let them plant.
C. Edit the mushroom farm size. Y coords to 1, X coords to 1

Game will crash and map is unplayable, server will fail to start, etc. What an interesting bug. I tested with the planter farm but it was okay. I'm not sure what is causing this but since it's a serious bug that destroys the server I'd suggest disabling the two mushroom farm settings so they can't create it.

Now I must MCedit it out I think, away I go. I'll keep reporting anything that's a potential breaker anyways. I don't think the AW2 mod is fixing it anymore anyways.

Last edited:

SeriousCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, good to know! Definitely submit the bug to their github.
I haven't had a chance to play around with AW2 much yet, so glad someone is heh.

Sucks that you have to mcedit your world now! Maybe add a backup mod like AromaBackup, just in case! I run hourly backups on my server just in case haha.

SeriousCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
SeriousPack v1.6.2 is out!

As always, make a backup before updating.

Changelog:
  • Added PlayerAPI
  • Added Storage Drawers: Forestry Pack
  • Updated a few mods to the latest versions
  • Disabled Galacticraft oil by default
  • Most IC2 machines and achievements should display properly now
  • Extra Utility dimensions (Deep Dark, Last Millenium) should work now
  • Solar Flux panels should produce the right amount of RF

Let me know if you find any problems!

-SC

Dahc

Jul 29, 2019
Found this pack yesterday and it's perfect (wish it had AM2 but I understand there have been some issues with it in packs). My wife and I love it because she's almost exclusively into the magic mods, and I prefer the tech. Everything is here. Thanks for this release. One question about something I noticed, though. Is it intentional for the Pam's Harvestcraft juicer to REQUIRE colored stone? I couldn't make it with regular stone. I haven't gotten far in so I can't give much more feedback on other recipes.

Valleriani

Jul 29, 2019
The juicer works fine but you need to put it in a crafting table (not your own inventory) and put it in the middle slots. So

---
-S-
-P-

S being stone, P being pressure plate. Can be the topmost middle too to start. It won't work in your own inventory 2x2 crafter even though its two blocks it seems.

SeriousCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Found this pack yesterday and it's perfect (wish it had AM2 but I understand there have been some issues with it in packs). My wife and I love it because she's almost exclusively into the magic mods, and I prefer the tech. Everything is here. Thanks for this release. One question about something I noticed, though. Is it intentional for the Pam's Harvestcraft juicer to REQUIRE colored stone? I couldn't make it with regular stone. I haven't gotten far in so I can't give much more feedback on other recipes.

I'm glad you both are enjoying it! Just be careful with the colossus from Factorization when playing in multiplayer, right now they make your world crash unfortunately. If you need a automated backup thingy, AromaBackup is a mod that helps with that! :)

ElectricFTW

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, good to know! Definitely submit the bug to their github.
I haven't had a chance to play around with AW2 much yet, so glad someone is heh.

Sucks that you have to mcedit your world now! Maybe add a backup mod like AromaBackup, just in case! I run hourly backups on my server just in case haha.
I heard FTB is making a mod like Aroma Backup that will be a lot more lighter and easier on the CPU when backing up.

DubFilter

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried this with 1.6.0 and 1.6.2 and run into an issue where the game crashes at the splash screen due to MrCrayfishFurnitureModv3.4.7(1.7.10).jar more details in the github thread for FML below. After removal of MrCrayfish Furniture Mod the game loads past the splash screen (Players on windows this doesn't seem to effect, linux only maybe?).

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/FML/issues/644#issuecomment-95776782

Additionally after upgrading our server to the 1.6.* release going into certain areas cause a force disconnect on 1.6.0 - 1.6.2, after this a player will immediately be disconnect when attempting to rejoin the server in the affected location, this issue seems to effect all platforms.

Log from time of join/disconnect (1.6.0): https://gist.github.com/brianmcdo/71823d492c773cbcabf7

TheTodd

Jul 29, 2019
(Players on windows this doesn't seem to effect, linux only maybe?)
I've had the same problem on mac, so maybe it only works on windows? I've heard of a mod that this happened to before, but I can't remember the name.

Dahc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad you both are enjoying it! Just be careful with the colossus from Factorization when playing in multiplayer, right now they make your world crash unfortunately. If you need a automated backup thingy, AromaBackup is a mod that helps with that! :)

Thanks for the heads up. We've run into that issue before. We've yet to find a colossus so I may just disable them. Quick question about a couple of mods: Any chance we will see Iguana's Tweaks or Ars Magica 2 in this pack?