[1.7.10][240+ Mods] SeriousPack - Magic, Tech and Adventure | Custom Ore Gen

G

Galaxy119

BTW guys i tried to look into fixing some of the armor not rotating with the character because of Smart Moving, but it seems like it's impossible to fix some (like the Thaumostatic Harness from Thaumcraft).

Sooo i guess i'll kinda have to decide if we should leave Smart Moving in but have weird models, or remove smart moving.

Any thoughts on this?
Personally, while smart moving is neat an all, it also gets in the way alittle, for example, you can't hold shift to "swift glide" on the glider without making some edits to the smart moving config. It's nice to have, but I wouldn't cry to see it go.
Also, I wouldn't cry to see insomnia go either, since I have all my server members remove it anyways. Buahaha.

PS: Here's a link to my server advert for anyone who wants to join up.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/ser...riouspack-24-7-server-dynmap-fair-admin.1522/

SeriousCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Update - It was the mekanism update causing the crash.
I removed version 8.1.8 and replaced it with 8.1.7 and the server started without issue.
Also I understood what you meant with journeymap and removed that from the server mods aswell.
Would recommend reverting back to mekanism 8.1.7 until we can determine exactly why it's causing a crash on the updated server. I'm going to attempt to connect to the server using the 8.1.8 on the client side to see if it will work, but I highly doubt it. Will edit this post when I have more..

Ah thanks, didn't catch that when i was testing the server cause i had no Mekanism machines heh. Will try to get an update out asap. Sorry about that.

I did notice the swift glide thing not working, not sure if it works again if you disable smart moving in game (there is a hotkey for it to toggle it on/off).
I'm gonna keep it for now and see how it goes for a while.

Hehe i figure Insomnia is nothing everyone would enjoy :p It's what we use on our server and one of the purposes for this pack was to have people on my server not deal with adding/removing mods, so it's most likely gonna stay, sorry! heh.

Grats on your public server, hope it goes well!

G

Galaxy119

Ah thanks, didn't catch that when i was testing the server cause i had no Mekanism machines heh. Will try to get an update out asap. Sorry about that.

I did notice the swift glide thing not working, not sure if it works again if you disable smart moving in game (there is a hotkey for it to toggle it on/off).
I'm gonna keep it for now and see how it goes for a while.

Hehe i figure Insomnia is nothing everyone would enjoy :p It's what we use on our server and one of the purposes for this pack was to have people on my server not deal with adding/removing mods, so it's most likely gonna stay, sorry! heh.

Grats on your public server, hope it goes well!
Ok, here's a more valid reason to remove smartmoving and smartrender.
When they are loaded, most of my players have major issues when looking at other players.
Me for example, I drop from 190fps to 5 when I look in another players direction, even if they aren't on screen.
About half the players reported the same issue on both Windows and Linux PC's, Mac seems unaffected for some reason.

Removing smartmoving AND smartrender fixed the problem.

And for Insomnia, will it cause any issues loading it into a world that wasn't generated with it? I know removing it from a world causes major major issues so..

PS: Would you mind adding optifine into the modpack? Almost everyone on my server (myself included) see a VERY significant FPS increase using optifine.
Thanks.

And INB4 - No, optifine does not conflict with fastcraft, since they do entirely different things.

Last edited:
G

Galaxy119

Nevermind, I see the changes.

I've stopped removing insomnia but I still need to remove smartmoving because of fps issues with most of the players, and still suggest adding optifine to the modpack just to increase general performance, it seems to help significantly.

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
Hello i have just started to play this pack and it is tremendous fun, but I have a slight problem. I have made a miners an diggers forestry backpack but they accept literally nothing not gold ore not cobble stone nothing I can't even place them in. I was trying to look around for something on forestry, but everyone talks about mod ores, I can't even put vanilla ores and resources in these packs, what is up here?

Edit: so i did a test on all backpacks, the only one that seem to accept items is the Foresters, didn't test all plant life just oak and seeds, but all other backpacks don't accept anything at all not even vanilla.

Last edited:
G

Galaxy119

Hello i have just started to play this pack and it is tremendous fun, but I have a slight problem. I have made a miners an diggers forestry backpack but they accept literally nothing not gold ore not cobble stone nothing I can't even place them in. I was trying to look around for something on forestry, but everyone talks about mod ores, I can't even put vanilla ores and resources in these packs, what is up here?

Edit: so i did a test on all backpacks, the only one that seem to accept items is the Foresters, didn't test all plant life just oak and seeds, but all other backpacks don't accept anything at all not even vanilla.

I'm able to reproduce the same exact problem on single player, I've yet to try on my server though, will edit this post when I have, but I don't have time now I have work soon.
Have you tried it on a server or just single player?

Also, if you want a server to play on, you're welcome to join mine! joker.kbgservers.com:25565 I also have a TS for the server at the same address (minus the :25565 part) and a dynmap of the server's world at joker.kbgservers.com:8123/?worldname=World2

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm able to reproduce the same exact problem on single player, I've yet to try on my server though, will edit this post when I have, but I don't have time now I have work soon.
Have you tried it on a server or just single player?

Also, if you want a server to play on, you're welcome to join mine! joker.kbgservers.com:25565 I also have a TS for the server at the same address (minus the :25565 part) and a dynmap of the server's world at joker.kbgservers.com:8123/?worldname=World2

only single player, I had only one server I have ever been on but because it was public he didn't have enough power for the influx of people, ended up lagging.
I appreciate the offer I may give it a shot, and thanks for looking into it. I did find marble goes in the digger bag, but still nothing else beyond the forester bag. I took a look in the config and notices under oreDict marble isn't listed there. Is that a black list? If so might explain a few things otherwise I am confused.

G

Galaxy119

only single player, I had only one server I have ever been on but because it was public he didn't have enough power for the influx of people, ended up lagging.
I appreciate the offer I may give it a shot, and thanks for looking into it. I did find marble goes in the digger bag, but still nothing else beyond the forester bag. I took a look in the config and notices under oreDict marble isn't listed there. Is that a black list? If so might explain a few things otherwise I am confused.
It's possible that for some reason the mod is using that as a blacklist instead of a whitelist, I would try removing everything from that list temporarily (cut/paste it into an empty notepad and save it) and see if that allows you to place other items in the bag.

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I deleted the oreDict for diggers bag and still only chisel 2 marble goes into it, nothing else. Why only that only block, I tested in creative mode and tried as many stone like blocks I am usualy aware of that it accepts. So I am at a loss, my guess now is the ore dictionary it's self messing with them....thanks for your help maybe at some point we will find a fix, oh forgot to mention I am still at 1.7.3 because I don't know what 1.7.3 changes are so rather wait.

G

Galaxy119

Alright I deleted the oreDict for diggers bag and still only chisel 2 marble goes into it, nothing else. Why only that only block, I tested in creative mode and tried as many stone like blocks I am usualy aware of that it accepts. So I am at a loss, my guess now is the ore dictionary it's self messing with them....thanks for your help maybe at some point we will find a fix, oh forgot to mention I am still at 1.7.3 because I don't know what 1.7.3 changes are so rather wait.
1.7.3 just changed the mekanism version from 8.1.8.256 to 8.1.8.258 because 256 caused errors on servers.

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
I am pulling a config from another modpacks forestry it looks different, but the modpack is tolkian craft 2 so has at least all the same ores besides a few which, if it works, I can add after.

G

Galaxy119

Sounds like a good idea, let me know if it works for you so I can test it on my server, and if everything works out with no conflicts I can bug Serious about adding the modified config to the pack files

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
Nope did not work, so I am now certain that it actually is not forestry but another mod or another part of forestry causing ore dict problems, this maybe something to do with mine tweaker or custom ore gen? Not sure I have reached my limits with anything I can think of. (Never made mods so unsure where else to look) anyways at least I found something odd, but it may stem to problems else where if it is ore dict stuff. thanks for your replies hope something comes of it.

G

Galaxy119

Nope did not work, so I am now certain that it actually is not forestry but another mod or another part of forestry causing ore dict problems, this maybe something to do with mine tweaker or custom ore gen? Not sure I have reached my limits with anything I can think of. (Never made mods so unsure where else to look) anyways at least I found something odd, but it may stem to problems else where if it is ore dict stuff. thanks for your replies hope something comes of it.
Same. I'll look into it best I can after work and reply back if I find something. It might still be a bug in forestry causing it to not recognize ore dict whitelists or something.

G

Galaxy119

where do ores spawn in this pack i have found a lot of mod ores but no iron gold or red stone ?
Iron will spawn at y 4-63 like normal, Redstone will spawn from y 4-16 like normal.
There is a custom ore generation script in this modpack, ore veins will be much harder to find, but significantly bigger.
You still find (generally) the same amount of minerals over extended periods, but it can make getting started alittle rougher if your unlucky with chunk generation.

Basically - Just keep digging, just keep digging.

G

Galaxy119

what is a good amount of ram to run this pack on a server? for 2-3 players

If recommend 1.5gb per player, who will be on simultaneously. No less than 2gb at all, anything short of this will result in server lag.
My 7gb server handles 6-7 people at a time before having major issues, but with 4 it hits lag spikes every so often.
You can help the server by reducing the max view distance via server.properties file from 10 to 5 or 6 but I'd still stick to the same size guide for ram.

busterdude

Jul 29, 2019
how do i get rid of custom ore generation i run a test i used 10 quarys at small size it gives you win
you do not have markers i got 47 iron no gold no red stone the custom ore is not right