[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Yes, it is insane, but he runs his world on a local server and he never shut off his computer during bis playthrough, so getting that insane node happened over more nights and days. There are also some bees that make nodes bright.
Cool. Time to start researching Magic Bees...
Also can someone confirm if Thriving or whatchamacalit bees have the effect of bonemealing trees? That'd be a good replacement for Lamps of Growth.

Last edited:

J3FF97

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been stuck on the Soul Queen for a bit. I've got the beed, but how can I get the speciality? I've tried all sorts of upgrades, I've got her traits to +/- 3 for tolerances, but all I'm getting is memory combs. Google isn't getting me any further. Is it a bug in the pack or not?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So I've been stuck on the Soul Queen for a bit. I've got the beed, but how can I get the speciality? I've tried all sorts of upgrades, I've got her traits to +/- 3 for tolerances, but all I'm getting is memory combs. Google isn't getting me any further. Is it a bug in the pack or not?

You need to put a Biome Upgrade in the apiary that exactly matches the preferred biome.This is a Forestry feature that came in with the last update. Tolerances won't help you.

EDIT: Oh dear - this could be a problem. @jtmnf : Soul Bees require a Hellish temperature and a Normal humidity. The Hell Biome Upgrade gives you Hellish with Arid. Any way of adjusting humidity (or temp) on its own?

EDIT2: May have found something: https://bdew.net/gendustry/industrial-apiary/upgrades/ There's a Humidifier upgrade (stacks to 8) that might do the trick in combo with the Hell Biome Upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtmnf

J3FF97

Jul 29, 2019
You need to put a Biome Upgrade in the apiary that exactly matches the preferred biome.This is a Forestry feature that came in with the last update. Tolerances won't help you.

EDIT: Oh dear - this could be a problem. @jtmnf : Soul Bees require a Hellish temperature and a Normal humidity. The Hell Biome Upgrade gives you Hellish with Arid. Any way of adjusting humidity (or temp) on its own?
Yeah, I got the hell biome upgrade, and I tried the seperate dryer/heater etc upgrades but none of it is working, not for me at least.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Are you using a single humidifier upgrade, or did you try stacking them? (I went through Soul Bees before the Forestry upgrade, so I never played with how effective the Humidifier is.) The basic upshot is that you have to have the bee in a Hellish/Normal environment before it will produce its specialty.

J3FF97

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using a single humidifier upgrade, or did you try stacking them? (I went through Soul Bees before the Forestry upgrade, so I never played with how effective the Humidifier is.) The basic upshot is that you have to have the bee in a Hellish/Normal environment before it will produce its specialty.
I've got 8 humidifier upgrades, which is the max that goes in. That only gets me to a Hellish/Damp environment.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I've got 8 humidifier upgrades, which is the max that goes in. That only gets me to a Hellish/Damp environment.

That's too wet. Take it back to maybe 4? Possibly lower, since 'Damp' is the highest humidity level Forestry incorporates.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that sucks. I *just* nab the pack and after a few minutes of play I fell off, like a ding bat, but it respawned me in the air so I kept falling out of the world over and over.
Minecraft spawning system ftw... You can use the /setspawn command (something like this) to help you! Or, you can play in "hardcore mode" and don't die until you get a bed :p

EDIT2: May have found something: https://bdew.net/gendustry/industrial-apiary/upgrades/ There's a Humidifier upgrade (stacks to 8) that might do the trick in combo with the Hell Biome Upgrade.
You answered with my answer :p Using both can help with that :)

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it's BEEn mentioned yet, but a Botania update has made it possible to make normal mana pools straight up without mana, so we don't really need the quest for mana pools anymore.
EDIT: Unless you plan to change it to a crafting quest?

Reactions: xXx_Snivy_xXx

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it's BEEn mentioned yet, but a Botania update has made it possible to make normal mana pools straight up without mana, so we don't really need the quest for mana pools anymore.
EDIT: Unless you plan to change it to a crafting quest?
I'll change it :) I've to think in a simple way!

A

AnImESwordsman

So I tried to hand in my common bee on genetics 1 in the "back to the basics" quest and it won't let me.
This is on feed the beast btw.
EDIT: I finally completed it by \hqm edit

Nunai

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to state out, that I've had some hours of fun with this pack. Thank you for putting this together.
I wanted to mess with bees since forever, but never went after the imperial/industrious bees. This pack was the opportunity and after a very grindy start I having realy fun with it now. Right now I am working on my ae system and looking forward to more automation and reactor stuff. Besides this the drawers do a good job.

My opinions for some fine tuning:
- some quests are way too grindy: for example the 8 enchanting potions from the soul bees
- put a repeatable quest for getting additional apiarys; like the colored drops - unless you play on a server and your bees doing work between sessions ^^
- chapter 4 was quite overwhelming for me, because i never got really into bee breeding (oily right at the start); maybe some smaller steps (extra chapter?) - but i got through so far
- the wool .. i got my bed almost at the end of the tutorial chapter; make it somewhat more available for the early grind
- there are some quest rewards, which gives you a choice of different traits. please state out in the quest text, which those are, since the tooltip does not show
- I had some trouble with bees requiering cacti as flower, since the agricraft cacti on cropsticks do not count towards it; worked around by injecting a different trait, but injecting in a queen does a mess after her cycles and i had to inject princess and drone again - maybe a quest reward in the early stages?

That is my experience so far. Probably I overlooked some mechanics and some people let me know :)

Thank you again for your awsome work @jtmnf . For me your set goal worked, I am enjoing, that the bees does work for me.

/e I personaly added the drawers to the blacklist from Holoinventory for obvious reasons:
Code:
S:bannedTiles <
        com.jaquadro.minecraft.storagedrawers.block.tile.TileEntityDrawersStandard
        com.jaquadro.minecraft.storagedrawers.block.tile.TileEntityDrawersComp
     >

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
- I had some trouble with bees requiering cacti as flower, since the agricraft cacti on cropsticks do not count towards it;

If you break/shear a cactus from the crops (I forget if this version 'breaks' into green dye - I think it might, but shearing will give you the block), you can plant it on regular sand without the cropsticks.

Nunai

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I tried this, but using a shear with right click resulted in nothing and left clicking just broke the crop stick.

/e Managed to get a cactus from botania (Slime->Cactus), but this involved going into a nether fortress, because i was not near a Smouldering Bee (?) for blaze rods.

Last edited:

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to state out, that I've had some hours of fun with this pack. Thank you for putting this together.
I wanted to mess with bees since forever, but never went after the imperial/industrious bees. This pack was the opportunity and after a very grindy start I having realy fun with it now. Right now I am working on my ae system and looking forward to more automation and reactor stuff. Besides this the drawers do a good job.

My opinions for some fine tuning:
- some quests are way too grindy: for example the 8 enchanting potions from the soul bees
- put a repeatable quest for getting additional apiarys; like the colored drops - unless you play on a server and your bees doing work between sessions ^^
- chapter 4 was quite overwhelming for me, because i never got really into bee breeding (oily right at the start); maybe some smaller steps (extra chapter?) - but i got through so far
- the wool .. i got my bed almost at the end of the tutorial chapter; make it somewhat more available for the early grind
- there are some quest rewards, which gives you a choice of different traits. please state out in the quest text, which those are, since the tooltip does not show
- I had some trouble with bees requiering cacti as flower, since the agricraft cacti on cropsticks do not count towards it; worked around by injecting a different trait, but injecting in a queen does a mess after her cycles and i had to inject princess and drone again - maybe a quest reward in the early stages?

That is my experience so far. Probably I overlooked some mechanics and some people let me know :)

Thank you again for your awsome work @jtmnf . For me your set goal worked, I am enjoing, that the bees does work for me.

/e I personaly added the drawers to the blacklist from Holoinventory for obvious reasons:
Code:
S:bannedTiles <
        com.jaquadro.minecraft.storagedrawers.block.tile.TileEntityDrawersStandard
        com.jaquadro.minecraft.storagedrawers.block.tile.TileEntityDrawersComp
     >
Thanks for the comment and for the help :) about your opinions, I will answer one by one:
- I can tweak that, I understand that is tedious getting the 8 enchanting potions (at the beginning was 16 :p );
- Will do :) ;
- The problem with that is that I cannot have a "intermediate" step before that, but I can see if I can do something;
- It's on purpose! Having to spend some nights is for you to check out that bees can work or not depending on some circumstances (that includes rain too);
- A while ago I was going to do that... I don't remember why I did forgot that... I'll do that ;)
- I understand your doubt, but changing the trait is the way to do it, because it will force you to learn more about the bees and messing around with Gendustry!

Thank you for playing the modpack, I'm glad that it helped ^^

Reactions: DragooKnight
X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Thanks for the reply. I tried this, but using a shear with right click resulted in nothing and left clicking just broke the crop stick.
/e Managed to get a cactus from botania (Slime->Cactus), but this involved going into a nether fortress, because i was not near a Smouldering Bee (?) for blaze rods.
I believe you need an upgraded cactus crop in order to shear it (e.g. Gain 2=1 cactus when sheared, Gain 4=2 cactus, and so on)

EDIT: On an unrelated note, if you want a bed early on, rush to crossbreed cotton! Make good use of the watering can you are given.

Nunai

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you need an upgraded cactus crop in order to shear it (e.g. Gain 2=1 cactus when sheared, Gain 4=2 cactus, and so on)
That resolves this issue. Only managed to get Pumpkin and Sugarcane to 10 10 10 for seedoil and paper.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, if you want a bed early on, rush to crossbreed cotton! Make good use of the watering can you are given.
Knowing this will be this kind of a grind would have helped to focus on cotton ;) Ended looking into this forum, to be sure not to missed something and read, the wool is a reward in chapter 1.

Reactions: jtmnf
A

Ahedov

Hi there, first I want to say that this modpack is awesome. It provides lots of fun with the bees I always wanted to try but the standard version with Forestry isn't as much fun as I expected. But here's my problem or bug or issue> I created a circuit board for my centrifuge, because my yellorite bees produce a lots of combs but yellorite grain is only 5 % chance to get. When I put circuit board full with golden and diamantine tubes into the centrifuge my game crashes. And it won't start again, crashes everytime. The only solution I found was via MCEdit remove the centrifuge. Is there other solution? Forestry update didn't help and Binnie is the last version. Thank you.

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
But here's my problem or bug or issue> I created a circuit board for my centrifuge, because my yellorite bees produce a lots of combs but yellorite grain is only 5 % chance to get. When I put circuit board full with golden and diamantine tubes into the centrifuge my game crashes.
Was it an Electrical Stimulator board?
  • Binnie Patcher 1.6
  • Fixed crash when electrical stimulator circuit boards are inserted where they shouldn't go
  • Added ISocketable support so electrical stimulator circuit boards shouldn't be able to go where they shouldn't, with Forestry at the very least
BeeHappy is using Binnie Patcher 1.4, which may bee the problem.

Reactions: Ahedov