[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
I like this modpack in all, and have managed to get far in it.. But, I do have a question.. Are any of the bee's tampered with? Like, I have buffed stats on all my bees, longer life, incredibly fast working speed. But like the Skyastone bee, I've had this queen for almost 20 generations and she has yet to produce 1 skystone block, despite having 8 production upgrades. Or my Withering queen, has yet to produce 1 withering piece, despite having the same upgrades and 10 generations going on.. Or is it just some really wonky RNG?

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Been trying out this modpack and I must say that I really like it so far, but I have spotted bug.
I just got the sawmill and hooked it up but for some reason it doesn't produce planks when I put logs in just the sawdust.

That's not normal... Can you test it in a new world to see if it works?

I like this modpack in all, and have managed to get far in it.. But, I do have a question.. Are any of the bee's tampered with? Like, I have buffed stats on all my bees, longer life, incredibly fast working speed. But like the Skyastone bee, I've had this queen for almost 20 generations and she has yet to produce 1 skystone block, despite having 8 production upgrades. Or my Withering queen, has yet to produce 1 withering piece, despite having the same upgrades and 10 generations going on.. Or is it just some really wonky RNG?

Really? Not even one? Everything is correct? The environment, light, etc?

Linaomine

Jul 29, 2019
Taking what I learned from BeeHappy I was able to successfully breed certus quartz bees last night. I realized bees were my best option when I looked at the obscene amount of materials I was getting from my nether ender quarry, so doing a quarry in the overworld for certus quartz alone seemed like a waste. It took me a few days IRL to get through all the steps since I hadn't touched bees at that point in infinity, but last night I was able to watch my hard work produce certus quarts from a bee! Thanks so much for this pack!

Question: I haven't completed BeeHappy by any means but is there a way to get more princesses of the basic bees without ridding the world of tons of hives? ( I wish there was a quest book where I could turn in 128 honeycombs for some of them lol!) Or even the more advanced, rather than having to go through breeding an advanced one twice can I somehow use genes to completely change a princess of one type to another?

CrazyThing92

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry just me being a dumbass :D had placed the sawmill against the carpenters safe so all the logs went into the safe instead xD

Reactions: jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Taking what I learned from BeeHappy I was able to successfully breed certus quartz bees last night. I realized bees were my best option when I looked at the obscene amount of materials I was getting from my nether ender quarry, so doing a quarry in the overworld for certus quartz alone seemed like a waste. It took me a few days IRL to get through all the steps since I hadn't touched bees at that point in infinity, but last night I was able to watch my hard work produce certus quarts from a bee! Thanks so much for this pack!

Question: I haven't completed BeeHappy by any means but is there a way to get more princesses of the basic bees without ridding the world of tons of hives? ( I wish there was a quest book where I could turn in 128 honeycombs for some of them lol!) Or even the more advanced, rather than having to go through breeding an advanced one twice can I somehow use genes to completely change a princess of one type to another?
Thank you for saying those things ^^ really, thanks :D

You have the shop (go down in your quests and you'll see it)! You can exchange combs for bees (princess + drone) :)

Don't worry just me being a dumbass :D had placed the sawmill against the carpenters safe so all the logs went into the safe instead xD
Ahahahah :p

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
That's not normal... Can you test it in a new world to see if it works?

Really? Not even one? Everything is correct? The environment, light, etc?

Well, even after all the modifications and stuff. For some reason, the high-end bees. Like the ultimate bee, the last line of the bee, the whatever bee. They will /only/ produce their special item if I have a biome controller in the apiary. Like, a bees conditions are Arid/hot, and while I have it so they can function just fine in a plains biome, if I don't have the desert emulator in the apiary, they refuse to make their secondary item. It also did it with the Invar and Electrum bees. I don't know why it does that, it shouldn't but it does.. So, I've put biome controllers into every apiary for bee's that don't have 'normal' and they all now produce their specialties just fine. It's rather annoying though.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Well, even after all the modifications and stuff. For some reason, the high-end bees. Like the ultimate bee, the last line of the bee, the whatever bee. They will /only/ produce their special item if I have a biome controller in the apiary. Like, a bees conditions are Arid/hot, and while I have it so they can function just fine in a plains biome, if I don't have the desert emulator in the apiary, they refuse to make their secondary item. It also did it with the Invar and Electrum bees. I don't know why it does that, it shouldn't but it does.. So, I've put biome controllers into every apiary for bee's that don't have 'normal' and they all now produce their specialties just fine. It's rather annoying though.
It's not a bug, rather it's a change introduced in Forestry 4, so just a feature change that annoyed some people.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a bug, rather it's a change introduced in Forestry 4, so just a feature change that annoyed some people.

REally? And they thought it was a GOOD change? IT's horrendous. I mean, unless you actively pay attention to every little update bit, or actively purpose the mod you're never gonna know this. I just assumed it was a bug, or some mod interaction not working right.. Now I don't feel so bad about how I fixed the issue.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
REally? And they thought it was a GOOD change? IT's horrendous. I mean, unless you actively pay attention to every little update bit, or actively purpose the mod you're never gonna know this. I just assumed it was a bug, or some mod interaction not working right.. Now I don't feel so bad about how I fixed the issue.

You think that's bad - you should have seen the reactions when Botania forced passive generator decay. People with massive hydroangea mana-farms found themselves with a truckload of dead bushes.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
You think that's bad - you should have seen the reactions when Botania forced passive generator decay. People with massive hydroangea mana-farms found themselves with a truckload of dead bushes.

I'm not worried so much about the passive generator decay, and IIRC, wasn't that only for a few basic mana-generating flowers anyway? What worried me more was the fact that primals generate in-world, in locations that aren't always convenient to where the player wants to build a base or put a mana generation system anyway, and can't be moved from the location they're found in. it would have been better to have the primals available either as rare high-end loot drops or as Villager trades where the player needs a specific amount of Botania ingots, probably a higher end variety since it doesn't seem too difficult to get terrasteel.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm not worried so much about the passive generator decay, and IIRC, wasn't that only for a few basic mana-generating flowers anyway? What worried me more was the fact that primals generate in-world, in locations that aren't always convenient to where the player wants to build a base or put a mana generation system anyway, and can't be moved from the location they're found in. it would have been better to have the primals available either as rare high-end loot drops or as Villager trades where the player needs a specific amount of Botania ingots, probably a higher end variety since it doesn't seem too difficult to get terrasteel.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Yeah, just for the DayBlooms, NightShades, and Hydroangeas - but the amount of complaints that hit the forum was like a landslide.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, I remember that debacle.. I as well thought it was the dumbest thing since.. Dumb ideas got invented. but, since I don't really like Botania, and try to use it as little as possible.. I can't really complain about it..

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Apparently, Vazkii has restored the configurable decay (under considerable protest). I can see the point for implementing decay, particularly on servers, but I never saw the point of removing the ability to configure it.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that sucks. I *just* nab the pack and after a few minutes of play I fell off, like a ding bat, but it respawned me in the air so I kept falling out of the world over and over.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that sucks. I *just* nab the pack and after a few minutes of play I fell off, like a ding bat, but it respawned me in the air so I kept falling out of the world over and over.

Yeah, I had that happen near when I started first playing it as well. I was lucky I managed to get into creative mode after the 6th or 7th death so I could fly and stop dieing. Since I really didn't feel like starting over again.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

I think there's a minecraft command to set spawn. I think it goes by "/spawnset" or something like that.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

I just decided to replay this modpack yesterday, and I like the new "meadows+rocky=common" tutorial as it's much simpler now.:) Kudos to @jtmnf and @OniyaMCD (I believe he helped out, according to the changelogs). I was wondering, if anyone had managed to create a SUPERnode with empowering bees?