[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

SnailsAttack

Jul 29, 2019
There's a Centrifuge Quest not too far into the Machinery chapter - and you are expected to skip around the chapters. Quite honestly (and something that bugs me about Forestry as well) the initial combs you can get from 'Hive Bees' are mostly useless for centrifuging. Rocky, Mossy, Parched and Honey combs only give you wax and honey. Mundane Combs - Magic Wax - not useful in early game. Damp Combs get you... water. If you also have a Squeezer. Okay, but you need Lava before that could make you a cobblestone generator. Simmering Combs can give you lava (from the phosphor), but you need to get to the Nether in order to use that bee in the first place (which requires Obsidian, which requires Lava). Frozen Combs can get you snowballs. Silky combs can get you Silk Wisps, which are at least mildly useful once you've also got the Carpenter to assemble them.
To even get into that quest though, you need to have 2 types of metallic bees.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
To even get into that quest though, you need to have 2 types of metallic bees.
You can breed those up with what you start with. Cuprum is Industrious + Meadow, and Stannum is Industrious + Forest. NEI is a big help in determining how to get what you need, and the Advanced Mutator thing that you get in Chapter 1 means you don't need to go through all the RNG of breeding new strains manually.

Reactions: SnailsAttack

Mkomkoiscool

Jul 29, 2019
BS that Yellorium grain has a 25% yield chance, I have put at least 3 stacks of Yellorium combs into the centrifuge and I haven't completed the initial quest yet

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
BS that Yellorium grain has a 25% yield chance, I have put at least 3 stacks of Yellorium combs into the centrifuge and I haven't completed the initial quest yet

The reactor fuel quests were the most painful of the entire pack - If you can, get 'Longest Life' and 'Fastest Production' on your bees, and stick them in a maxed-out apiary (or alveary).

I've almost finished building houses in my basement so that the villagers will stop huddling under the reactor. (Because that can't be healthy, honestly.) I realized that Natural Shedding meant that I could get a constant supply of Bone Blocks for this, if only I could keep a couple of Skeletons around.

gZIrUSj.png

tL7Ws4L.png

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Botany.. anyway to know what colors go together to make the pigments? Anyone interested in figuring it out? I started playing with these flowers the other day and they're fun, and I think I'm getting "collect 'em all" fever. But so many colors, so little information.. and so much genetic sampling. My first experiment is yellow dandelions and white tulips, trying to get something with a pale yellow color. Not going well so far. As soon as I manage to get a Secondary: White from one of the tulips, I'm going to make white dandelions and see if I have any better luck using same species.

RNGesus saw my post apparently. Much more success using the same species (maybe the species have to be able to breed to mix colors?). At any rate, white + yellow = beige. Now to see if beige + while gives me anything.. or would be beige + yellow..
... and while I was typing, I got a gold one! I am thinking that's yellow + beige.. so much science to be done.

2016-02-09_13.42.30.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jtmnf

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
@rivvest If you use NEI and use @Botany or just search pigments you should be able to pull up just the pigments and from that get the recipes.
They don't have recipes, they come from breeding flowers which can be any of the 80 colors; nothing I've found indicates what two colors make a new one. Try to NEI the coral pigment for example. I've spent 3-4 hours (passively) testing combinations and only come up with 5 so far, but it is very rewarding when you finally get one!

*ETA - Turns out all the color mixtures are in the Botanist Database, dunno why I didn't think to look there before!

Last edited:

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Changes
  • Updated some mods;
  • The quest were you have to deliver the Common Queen was changed! Thanks to OniyaMCD, the quest is now more easy to understand and you don't have to choose between bees: now you only have one bee to choose :) thank you OniyaMCD ^

Reactions: rivvest

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Has anyone had any experience with spontaneous Greatwood trees spawning? I know I didn't plant one over near my hostile bees (which are currently Darkened, Corrosive, and [nerfed] Furious), but I turned around and suddenly tree!

(My Thaumcraft bees are all over on the opposite corner of the base, and it's been at least a week since I had the Wispy bees running.)

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any experience with spontaneous Greatwood trees spawning? I know I didn't plant one over near my hostile bees (which are currently Darkened, Corrosive, and [nerfed] Furious), but I turned around and suddenly tree!

(My Thaumcraft bees are all over on the opposite corner of the base, and it's been at least a week since I had the Wispy bees running.)
No clue about it... but why are your hostile bees still hostile? IMHO you should be running all your bees through a Super Power Template with either No Effect or a good effect like Heroic. By the time I got diamond bees I had a template for fastest worker, humidity both 2, temperature both 3, no effect, and flowers. I actually wanted my bees to eat stone instead but no luck with the gene. Anyway, not needing the Nether or a biome upgrade to use nether bees is freakin amazin.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
No clue about it... but why are your hostile bees still hostile? IMHO you should be running all your bees through a Super Power Template with either No Effect or a good effect like Heroic. By the time I got diamond bees I had a template for fastest worker, humidity both 2, temperature both 3, no effect, and flowers. I actually wanted my bees to eat stone instead but no luck with the gene. Anyway, not needing the Nether or a biome upgrade to use nether bees is freakin amazin.

Just the way I roll - if I'm keeping a bee around for the long-haul (like Demonic for glowstone), then I do the No Effect thing (plus longest life and fastest production). If it's going to be cycled out, I generally leave it alone unless it's causing mass havoc (like raining Fire Charges). Dirt turning to sand over there is pfft. Darkness is pfft (especially since the Apiarist gear negates it.) Only reason I mentioned it was in case the dirt to sand affected the Shimmerleafs left by the Wispy Bees in some way other than making them pop off the ground. (Nope. And not too worried, since I've got a truckload of the things over by the Thaumics.)

At the moment, I'm about 10 bees away from a full set of princesses, plus a stack of drones for each. (Going by the Apiarist Database, anyways.) I know I need to wait for March to get the Leporine, though, and two of the missing ones might be Vis and Pure, which are possibly not actually available in the pack.

Reactions: rivvest

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me if the images on the front page are visible? I'm having issues seeing the images (and I already changed them twice, but it still does not show me anything, just a

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Just the way I roll - if I'm keeping a bee around for the long-haul (like Demonic for glowstone), then I do the No Effect thing (plus longest life and fastest production). If it's going to be cycled out, I generally leave it alone unless it's causing mass havoc (like raining Fire Charges). Dirt turning to sand over there is pfft. Darkness is pfft (especially since the Apiarist gear negates it.) Only reason I mentioned it was in case the dirt to sand affected the Shimmerleafs left by the Wispy Bees in some way other than making them pop off the ground. (Nope. And not too worried, since I've got a truckload of the things over by the Thaumics.)

At the moment, I'm about 10 bees away from a full set of princesses, plus a stack of drones for each. (Going by the Apiarist Database, anyways.) I know I need to wait for March to get the Leporine, though, and two of the missing ones might be Vis and Pure, which are possibly not actually available in the pack.
Who needs waiting? Just disconnect from the Internet, change the system clock, and you should be good to go.

M

mwfd2002

For some reason you are making us use a centrifuge in Bee Restaurant, but we don't have a centrifuge... Are we supposed to use materials that we don't have to craft one?

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
M

mwfd2002

You have to go to other quests ;) that's the point, do not have people just focusing on one quest :)
You said at the top that you're supposed to do The Basics, then Bee Restaurant. Anyway, I'm about as far as I can be without a centrifuge in all the other strings.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You said at the top that you're supposed to do The Basics, then Bee Restaurant. Anyway, I'm about as far as I can be without a centrifuge in all the other strings.

Hit up Chapter 4. You should be able to progress through the quests there to get your centrifuge at this point.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Do I have to breed Cuprum and Stannum bees on my own?

Edit: There is no recipe for nuggets, and the other quest is locked.

Yes, you do. The nugget recipe is disabled so that you have to breed the bees. NEI is your best resource for knowing what bee parents make what bee offspring, and the Mutatron will streamline the actual breeding.