[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I wanted to try this modpack, but for some reason I cannot get it to load. Whatever I do, it just freezes at "Loading - Initializing Minecraft Engine (3/7), Rendering Setup - Render Global instance (4/9)". The log can be found at http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/92fb0966
I tried with both Java 7 and 8 in case it changed anything.

Thanks!
I didn't understand well what's wrong, but I think it doesn't crash... Where are you running the pack?

Nitrate

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running the pack from the FTB launcher. It does not crash really, but it does freeze (I accidentally left it overnight actually, and it did not move at all for a few hours).

EDIT : oooook. So, disabling the loading screen (in splash.properties) did it. Thanks anyway!

Last edited:
Reactions: jtmnf

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind, got ninja'd by posts from several hours earlier which didn't appear due to weirdness with the thread following emails.

However, the loading screen isn't usually a problem these days. May I ask about your computer's operating system? Mine is OSX and I don't have problems with it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Random note - if anyone needs a waste-free recipe for balanced shards, I have one:

4 Pure Water (from PamsCraft)
4 Chiseled Stone (drop four Stone Bricks in a catalyst Mana Pool)
1 Gunpowder
2 Aer Shards at the end

Gives 2 Balanced shards. Unless you forget an ingredient and have to run and get it after you start.

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Random note - if anyone needs a waste-free recipe for balanced shards, I have one:

4 Pure Water (from PamsCraft)
4 Chiseled Stone (drop four Stone Bricks in a catalyst Mana Pool)
1 Gunpowder
2 Aer Shards at the end

Gives 2 Balanced shards. Unless you forget an ingredient and have to run and get it after you start.
You could do a precise measurement, or just get yourself a Thaumatorium. I love those things. Though recipes such as these are quite nice if you don't have the infrastructure yet ;)

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@OniyaMCD Sorry it has taken so long for me to get this answer up but I have moved, and well I don't have my computer or internet at the moment. Using the library is my only access at the moment. Anyway, if you have a few Steadfast drones run them through your Genetic Sampler, try to get the species gene, Then you can put it on a rocky princess (available in the store) That should work to get you a Steadfast Princess. As far as my research says, That the princesses exist but can only be found in dungeon chests. Sooo maybe they can be found in the Deep Dark in standard monster dungeons there or in the big "Houses of Darkness" ( dungeon like pyramid) But Im thinking the drop rate there will be very small.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
@OniyaMCD Sorry it has taken so long for me to get this answer up but I have moved, and well I don't have my computer or internet at the moment. Using the library is my only access at the moment. Anyway, if you have a few Steadfast drones run them through your Genetic Sampler, try to get the species gene, Then you can put it on a rocky princess (available in the store) That should work to get you a Steadfast Princess. As far as my research says, That the princesses exist but can only be found in dungeon chests. Sooo maybe they can be found in the Deep Dark in standard monster dungeons there or in the big "Houses of Darkness" ( dungeon like pyramid) But Im thinking the drop rate there will be very small.

What I actually ended up doing was sampling Majestic bees until I got Fertility 4 - applied that to the Steadfast and bred it with a Majestic Princess (from the store). I continued feeding the Loonium (by way of Mana Tablets) until I got a few more Steadfast Drones. Each one got Fertility 4 and bred in turn with the Majestic/Steadfast Princess from the previous generation. Only took me a handful of generations before I got a pure Steadfast Princess, and a few more before the drones were all uniform.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
What I actually ended up doing was sampling Majestic bees until I got Fertility 4 - applied that to the Steadfast and bred it with a Majestic Princess (from the store). I continued feeding the Loonium (by way of Mana Tablets) until I got a few more Steadfast Drones. Each one got Fertility 4 and bred in turn with the Majestic/Steadfast Princess from the previous generation. Only took me a handful of generations before I got a pure Steadfast Princess, and a few more before the drones were all uniform.

Yup that's the way to do it. Although if you have 4-6 steadfast drones you could breed all of them directly with any princess and probably end up with a stable line....unless the RNG hates you and I mean REALLY hates you. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yup that's the way to do it. Although if you have 4-6 steadfast drones you could breed all of them directly with any princess and probably end up with a stable line....unless the RNG hates you and I mean REALLY hates you. :)

I've learned not to bank on the benevolence of RNGesus. :D The reason I went with the Majestic is because it naturally has the Fertility 4 trait, and I wanted to maximize my chances of getting a Steadfast drone on later generations. (I even threw the extras through the Genetic Sampler on the chance that I could nab the passive trait of Steadfast - but the RNG didn't like me there either.)

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
When I last logged in to my game, I decided to stop making fert 4 bees, I had Iron barrels full (about to upgrade to gold) of Cuprum, Stannum, Ferrous and Plumbum drones, and was in the process of putting Iron upgrades on for Auric, Carbon, and Destabilized, as well as the hat make ferrous, electrum, shiny, and the other metals, I was using the Diamond, and Emerald, mostly for feeding the beegonias. Fert 4 just produces sooooo many drones. I was also working toward making a sorting and storage system for everything, Sooo many bees soooo little time LOL

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
When I last logged in to my game, I decided to stop making fert 4 bees, I had Iron barrels full (about to upgrade to gold) of Cuprum, Stannum, Ferrous and Plumbum drones, and was in the process of putting Iron upgrades on for Auric, Carbon, and Destabilized, as well as the hat make ferrous, electrum, shiny, and the other metals, I was using the Diamond, and Emerald, mostly for feeding the beegonias. Fert 4 just produces sooooo many drones. I was also working toward making a sorting and storage system for everything, Sooo many bees soooo little time LOL

*nods* My 'resource bees' are pretty much all Fert 2/Longest life/Fastest production/No effect. I'm not even consistently feeding the Beegonias, since I've gotten what I wanted from Alfheim and the Loonium. And I'm gradually shifting resources from barrels to either the ME system or DSUs.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

For production bees I basically used fertility 1, so you don't produce extra drones. Especially if you no longer have need for mana or much mana. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, as I work my way through 'Teach Yourself Minecraft Mod Development', I was also thinking about creative ways that bees could be used to expand one's base.

1) Most obviously, the metal-producing bees can produce actual blocks all on their own. Carbon, Glowstone, and Redstone producers also fall into this.
2) Skeletal and Decaying bees can be used to make a mob-grinder. Bones can be chiseled (TC chisel) into bone blocks, while rotten flesh can be crafted into (ewww) Flesh blocks.
3) The Botanic and Floral bees produce petals, which can be crafted into Petal Blocks. These can't be uncrafted, but once you've got one barrel of Botania petals, you probably have enough of that color to do you.
4) River bees, Earthen bees, and Solum bees produce clay, which can be turned into blocks.
5) Bees that produce Wheaten combs can give you Thatch (Botania) or Hay Bales (Vanilla)
6) Bees that produce Mellow combs give you Nether Quartz, which can be crafted into blocks.
7) If you don't mind a bounce, bees that produce Ectoplasm can produce slime blocks.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
So, as I work my way through 'Teach Yourself Minecraft Mod Development', I was also thinking about creative ways that bees could be used to expand one's base.

1) Most obviously, the metal-producing bees can produce actual blocks all on their own. Carbon, Glowstone, and Redstone producers also fall into this.
2) Skeletal and Decaying bees can be used to make a mob-grinder. Bones can be chiseled (TC chisel) into bone blocks, while rotten flesh can be crafted into (ewww) Flesh blocks.
3) The Botanic and Floral bees produce petals, which can be crafted into Petal Blocks. These can't be uncrafted, but once you've got one barrel of Botania petals, you probably have enough of that color to do you.
4) River bees, Earthen bees, and Solum bees produce clay, which can be turned into blocks.
5) Bees that produce Wheaten combs can give you Thatch (Botania) or Hay Bales (Vanilla)
6) Bees that produce Mellow combs give you Nether Quartz, which can be crafted into blocks.
7) If you don't mind a bounce, bees that produce Ectoplasm can produce slime blocks.

*rummages through inventory*
Not all so creative, but..
- Skystone bees make .. Skystone.
- Watery bees make ice, Smouldering bees for Blaze Lamps
- Spidery bees produce string to make wool, combine with colored bees for all colors of wool. Of course..
- Vazbee gives cyan wool.
- Big Bad bees make melon, which can be crafted into blocks.
- Fluix, Certus bees can be made into blocks. These might be considered with the metal bees though. :)
- You can walk on Crystal Clusters made from Thaumcraft shards, so kinda counts?
- Bees that make sugar can be made into Sugar Charcoal Blocks.

Reactions: jtmnf and OniyaMCD

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely an interesting pack, but you should get around to revising it. The grammar is absolutely atrocious!
You may want to take into account that the modpack creator is Portuguese.
Yeah, I'm portuguese... I could start saying que vocês não percebem nada do que estou a dizer aqui excepto se forem ao Google Tradutor e é capaz de dar uma tradução mais ao menos fiável desta frase :p
(I could start saying that you don't understand anything that I'm saying here except if you go to Google Translate and maybe it can translate more or less this sentence :p )

Now without jokes, I understand that somethings have grammar errors! If you could point some out or you want to correct some texts, feel free to put them here or send me a PM message :) I already said this but after all the work writing everything, I don't have the perception to spot the error because my main language is portuguese and not english... A lot of people complains about that (and I'm truly sorry) but believe me that I do all the efforts to avoid grammar errors...

I don't mind that people complain about the grammar; I only ask them to point me the problems and I can rewrite the texts without any problem :)

SnailsAttack

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm portuguese... I could start saying que vocês não percebem nada do que estou a dizer aqui excepto se forem ao Google Tradutor e é capaz de dar uma tradução mais ao menos fiável desta frase :p
(I could start saying that you don't understand anything that I'm saying here except if you go to Google Translate and maybe it can translate more or less this sentence :p )

Now without jokes, I understand that somethings have grammar errors! If you could point some out or you want to correct some texts, feel free to put them here or send me a PM message :) I already said this but after all the work writing everything, I don't have the perception to spot the error because my main language is portuguese and not english... A lot of people complains about that (and I'm truly sorry) but believe me that I do all the efforts to avoid grammar errors...

I don't mind that people complain about the grammar; I only ask them to point me the problems and I can rewrite the texts without any problem :)
Now that I know that your portuguese I completely dismiss my previous statement. xD

Anyways, if you want to fix the grammar problems you could probably send the file thing to some english-speaker to revise it. I'd point out individual grammar bugs, but there are just too many. x-x

I also have a suggestion, and that is that I think the player should get a Centrifuge early on so that they can use the combs they get.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I also have a suggestion, and that is that I think the player should get a Centrifuge early on so that they can use the combs they get.

There's a Centrifuge Quest not too far into the Machinery chapter - and you are expected to skip around the chapters. Quite honestly (and something that bugs me about Forestry as well) the initial combs you can get from 'Hive Bees' are mostly useless for centrifuging. Rocky, Mossy, Parched and Honey combs only give you wax and honey. Mundane Combs - Magic Wax - not useful in early game. Damp Combs get you... water. If you also have a Squeezer. Okay, but you need Lava before that could make you a cobblestone generator. Simmering Combs can give you lava (from the phosphor), but you need to get to the Nether in order to use that bee in the first place (which requires Obsidian, which requires Lava). Frozen Combs can get you snowballs. Silky combs can get you Silk Wisps, which are at least mildly useful once you've also got the Carpenter to assemble them.

Reactions: SnailsAttack