[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
So, I managed to get a Steadfast bee from a Loonium. Any tips on breeding a pure strain of it?
I would put your bees through super templates (shortest life, 4 fertility, all that - more similar the bees the better) and hope for the best. The extra fertility should increase your chances, only breed using drones with Steadfast as active gene (and passive, if possible).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I would put your bees through super templates (shortest life, 4 fertility, all that - more similar the bees the better) and hope for the best. The extra fertility should increase your chances, only breed using drones with Steadfast as active gene (and passive, if possible).

Sounds like I should try to nab a few more. I'm currently filling up a Mana Tablet so that I can fuel the Loonium well away from my Beegonias. (I might have lost a drone to them last session.) Vacuum Hopper, Crystal Chest - should be enough to handle the bounty.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like I should try to nab a few more. I'm currently filling up a Mana Tablet so that I can fuel the Loonium well away from my Beegonias. (I might have lost a drone to them last session.) Vacuum Hopper, Crystal Chest - should be enough to handle the bounty.
I had to dedicate a few ME drives too it, it picks up a lot of non-stackable loot. Haven't done anything with the steadfast drones though..

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019

Yes I would get some more steadfast drones and make a steadfast princes the old fashioned way, by breeding any princess with 4 or 5 drones should do the trick to convert it to a full Steadfast/Steadfast.

Ah standard forestry bee breeding how we don't miss thee. :)

Reactions: rivvest

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I had to dedicate a few ME drives too it, it picks up a lot of non-stackable loot. Haven't done anything with the steadfast drones though..

Just based off of the output from the first 'pool-full', the chest will make a nice buffer for sorting through what gets kept and what gets stripped down for parts. ;)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Just based off of the output from the first 'pool-full', the chest will make a nice buffer for sorting through what gets kept and what gets stripped down for parts. ;)
It's a prime source of essentia for me. I've burned hundreds of division sigils. :)

Reactions: jtmnf

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
It's a prime source of essentia for me. I've burned hundreds of division sigils. :)

I should scan one of those - I've been converting bits of armor to enchanted books and raw ingots. Might set up an Ender Lily farm for fun. The Conduit Probes look like they might get chucked down the oubliette, though.

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I should scan one of those - I've been converting bits of armor to enchanted books and raw ingots. Might set up an Ender Lily farm for fun. The Conduit Probes look like they might get chucked down the oubliette, though.
Apparently, oubliette refers to a dungeon accessed through a trapdoor in its ceiling. So... are you making an analogy to a trashcan? The alchemical furnace? Or are you really throwing them into a dark pit to rot? :p

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Apparently, oubliette refers to a dungeon accessed through a trapdoor in its ceiling. So... are you making an analogy to a trashcan? The alchemical furnace? Or are you really throwing them into a dark pit to rot? :p

Well, it being a skyblock, the hole actually goes all the way through my base. It pretty much started out as a way to dispose of seeds that were piling up as I was breeding PamsCraft things. I put a couple of item grates over it so I could throw things straight down (instead of off the edge). When I built the basement, the hole got walls so that things wouldn't get stuck between levels, making it look more like a dark pit/dungeon.

jNSH0Q4.png

Reactions: jtmnf and rivvest

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO Wisp Spawner OP? Set it up to make essentia storage, in an effort to see just how high up I can get runic protection. :) Will eventually run out of armor to burn..
2016-01-29_22.06.15.png

I

Iluya

Hi there - Is this pack still maintained?

I'm kinda disappointed with the "endgame". I'm at a point, where breeding a bee is trivial and due to the generous questrewards you get quite a bit of solarpower on your way. At least enough to sustain 30 industrious apiaries and an AE system. BUT the rate of ressource aquisition is ridicolous low. As i understand the pack you are supposed to aquire your ressources through bees and i tried it that way. As it turns out - To get them at any reasonable rate you need massive parallelism. At the very least 4 ferrum, 3 bronze, etc - If you go for Big Reactors probably 4+ yellorium bees. Industrious apiaries on the other hand press hard on the server. Running 30, 40 is okay - More and it just eats the ticktime like crazy. Is there any way down the line that makes this better? Like ingot producing bees? Or ways to make bees producing more per tick?

(Just for reference: My bees are at fastest production speed in 8x prod in ind. api. and i get an iron ingot every 3-4 minutes or so. And like 1 yellorium ingot every 20 minutes - on the other hand there is a fluix crystal every minute.)

TL;DR: Endgame Bee balance feels off. Too many bees required to sustain any reasonable ressource aquisition.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019

I'm kinda disappointed with the "endgame". I'm at a point, where breeding a bee is trivial and due to the generous questrewards you get quite a bit of solarpower on your way. At least enough to sustain 30 industrious apiaries and an AE system. BUT the rate of ressource aquisition is ridicolous low. As i understand the pack you are supposed to aquire your ressources through bees and i tried it that way. As it turns out - To get them at any reasonable rate you need massive parallelism. At the very least 4 ferrum, 3 bronze, etc - If you go for Big Reactors probably 4+ yellorium bees. Industrious apiaries on the other hand press hard on the server. Running 30, 40 is okay - More and it just eats the ticktime like crazy. Is there any way down the line that makes this better? Like ingot producing bees? Or ways to make bees producing more per tick?

(Just for reference: My bees are at fastest production speed in 8x prod in ind. api. and i get an iron ingot every 3-4 minutes or so. And like 1 yellorium ingot every 20 minutes - on the other hand there is a fluix crystal every minute.)

TL;DR: Endgame Bee balance feels off. Too many bees required to sustain any reasonable ressource aquisition.
Hi - yes!

I cannot do miracles, sorry... If you want to have 3 exams per week, tell me...

About your doubts, I understand that the end game might be boring, but the purpose is for you to find the best traits for bees! My first thought was to bees to produce ingots, believe me... But I couldn't figure it out... I'm still thinking in some other stuff to add, but my time is not great... It's normal to have a huge set of bees to sustain your base, but the end game is for you to try to get the best traits!

Some notes, and please understand this: HQM does not detect bees... I tryed, but it was hard and everything was wrong... I wanted some stuff to be diferent, but I couldn't... It's limited... Other thing, sorry if this message is kinda confusing... I'm on my cellphone and because I'm portuguese, the keyboard can auto-correct me incorrectly...

In less than 2 weeks, I hope I have some free time...

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure there is a HQM addon specifically for making bees work right, and gendustry allows you to add custom bees via the config files, can't check as I'm on my phone right now.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure there is a HQM addon specifically for making bees work right, and gendustry allows you to add custom bees via the config files, can't check as I'm on my phone right now.
About the addon, I know yhat it exists! But I couldn't put it in the pack... About the custom bees, now that you say that, I remeter seeing something about that... I'll check that when I arrive home...

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019

I haven't reached this point yet, but have you considered automating regular apiaries? While they start out crappy, the upgrade to a Magic Apiary and certain kinds of frames can make them superior to Industrial ones if you automate frame production. At least, I assume so...

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't reached this point yet, but have you considered automating regular apiaries? While they start out crappy, the upgrade to a Magic Apiary and certain kinds of frames can make them superior to Industrial ones if you automate frame production. At least, I assume so...
You can't automate inserting frames into a magic apiaries.. have to use an alveary for that. However, using alvearies with 16 frame housings is very very fast. :)

I

Iluya

Hi - yes!

I cannot do miracles, sorry... If you want to have 3 exams per week, tell me...

About your doubts, I understand that the end game might be boring, but the purpose is for you to find the best traits for bees! My first thought was to bees to produce ingots, believe me... But I couldn't figure it out... I'm still thinking in some other stuff to add, but my time is not great... It's normal to have a huge set of bees to sustain your base, but the end game is for you to try to get the best traits!

Some notes, and please understand this: HQM does not detect bees... I tryed, but it was hard and everything was wrong... I wanted some stuff to be diferent, but I couldn't... It's limited... Other thing, sorry if this message is kinda confusing... I'm on my cellphone and because I'm portuguese, the keyboard can auto-correct me incorrectly...

In less than 2 weeks, I hope I have some free time...

I know what it feels like to bump into limitations while programming. I just thought it was a concious decision and felt it was the wrong one. So thank you for your reply :) And don't get me wrong - I had my fun with the pack and it was refreshing to have a HQM pack that actually saves you much of the grind, by giving you the means to continue with the focus of the pack :)

There is a limitation on how much you can produce - Bee specific chance to produce a given item, Bee ticks and production speed. Production speed is determined by the trait (in this pack it seems, like the best would be fastest from blizz i.e.) and the apiary+frames/upgrades. That speed it applied to the chance of producing an item. But you cannot produce more than 1 item per bee tick. So even with 530% production speed in my apiary - i only get 1 nugget every 30sec or so.

Last edited:

Nitrate

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I wanted to try this modpack, but for some reason I cannot get it to load. Whatever I do, it just freezes at "Loading - Initializing Minecraft Engine (3/7), Rendering Setup - Render Global instance (4/9)". The log can be found at http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/92fb0966
I tried with both Java 7 and 8 in case it changed anything.

Thanks!