[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

SteelHeart

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, I seem to be getting a consistent crash when ever I get the achievement "getting wood" my workaround thus far is not opening my inventory... hasn't been an enjoyable experience.

Instructions to reproduce bug: open game, open world, open inventory, get wood.

oh, and here`s the crash report.

EDIT: I gave mine craft an extra gig of ram, seems to have helped. that or I restarted the world before I took the achievement. either way I am good to go (hopefully)

Attachments

• crash-2015-09-08_19.06.06-server.txt
    18.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Reactions: jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, I seem to be getting a consistent crash when ever I get the achievement "getting wood" my workaround thus far is not opening my inventory... hasn't been an enjoyable experience.

Instructions to reproduce bug: open game, open world, open inventory, get wood.

oh, and here`s the crash report.

EDIT: I gave mine craft an extra gig of ram, seems to have helped. that or I restarted the world before I took the achievement. either way I am good to go (hopefully)
Errors with the achievments? That's new... Even the crashlog is new to me... But that's great that's solved :)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf - Quest "Your First Train" doesn't detect the Steam Locomotive - looks like the item in NEI has an NBT tag that the crafted version doesn't.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf - Quest "Your First Train" doesn't detect the Steam Locomotive - looks like the item in NEI has an NBT tag that the crafted version doesn't.
I'll correct that ;) meanwhile, if anybody have this problem, use the /hqm edit to complet the quest :)

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
So I discovered that bees cause trees to cross pollinate. I know, for forestry vets this is no surprise. But it would be fun to get a quest line about breeding trees.
1) submit some Pollen Clusters to get a silver birch sapling, an apple oak sapling, and 4 grafters.
2) Submit a silver lime to get a red spruce sapling, and 4 grafters.
3) submit 16 each of a common beech, a willow, and a mundane larch sapling to get 4 alveary sieves and 8 woven silks.
4, 5, 6, 7, and 8) Submit 32 of <pollen type> and get 1 common princess, 1 common drone, 1 <apple oak, jungle, red spruce, or silver birch sapling>, and 8 woven silks.
9) Some quest to end the quest line, gain a genetic sample with the 3x3 tree gene, 32 Alvearys and 16 alveary sieves, and a pair of some hard-to-find basic bees.

Reactions: Violette13

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
So I discovered that bees cause trees to cross pollinate. I know, for forestry vets this is no surprise. But it would be fun to get a quest line about breeding trees.
1) submit some Pollen Clusters to get a silver birch sapling, an apple oak sapling, and 4 grafters.
2) Submit a silver lime to get a red spruce sapling, and 4 grafters.
3) submit 16 each of a common beech, a willow, and a mundane larch sapling to get 4 alveary sieves and 8 woven silks.
4, 5, 6, 7, and 8) Submit 32 of <pollen type> and get 1 common princess, 1 common drone, 1 <apple oak, jungle, red spruce, or silver birch sapling>, and 8 woven silks.
9) Some quest to end the quest line, gain a genetic sample with the 3x3 tree gene, 32 Alvearys and 16 alveary sieves, and a pair of some hard-to-find basic bees.
I know that they pollinate... In the previous month, somebody told me that and I thought to add those quests! But, I went out of the country and I returned this week... I'm still thinking and changing some stuff, but probably those quests might not be added in the next updates... I have to tweak a lot of things and I don't have a lot of time... But I'll try to do my best :)

Reactions: rivvest

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
AWESOME, that's actually really great that you're considering it. :D You don't even need to add any mods to do it, although Extra Trees would be nice ;) :p. I know the pack focuses on the bees, though, so it's not a priority to include a quest-line like that, and I know you're busy like you said.

I haven't updated yet, but I admit to having cheated in a spruce sapling to try tree breeding when I noticed that the apple and jungle saplings that are already provided through quests cross-pollinate but don't have any cross-breeds. I also discovered the industrial grafter, which would also be a good quest...

Let's say it requires quest 2 completed to unlock, and it requires you to have an industrial grafter in your inventory. The reward is a Energetic Infuser (already in the modpack and available to craft, but no reward), used to charge the grafter from your network.

I guess also providing some side-quests to do with tree genetics (the genetics machines provided by existing quests are all that's nessesary) would be fine.

I know of the quests I suggested getting the Pollen Clusters to start it off would be easy enough; they are already provided by bees required by existing quests and are also required for other quests.

I don't THINK that my suggestions would throw off the balance of your mod-pack, and don't think it would require any extra mods or tweaks, beyond adding in the quests, their dependant quests, and their rewards, and you are by no means obligated to actually take my suggestions, since that's all they are, but I am so glad you are thinking it over. :D

RedWurm

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't updated yet, but I admit to having cheated in a spruce sapling to try tree breeding when I noticed that the apple and jungle saplings that are already provided through quests cross-pollinate but don't have any cross-breeds. I also discovered the industrial grafter, which would also be a good quest...
Fun fact: You can cycle between vanilla saplings through botania, once you have an alchemy catalyst set up under your mana pool. And yes I did only remember this after spending about an hour trying to work out how to get a birch sapling

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
Lol well I hadn't reached the magic part yet. :D Thanks for letting me know, though, that's good information that I can use once I update.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Due to an unfortunate series of events involving a Spectral queen, a Cyanite queen, a skeleton bone, and a room with walls that were too thin.... I've lost most of my aura nodes. Is there any hope of charging my wand again?

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Due to an unfortunate series of events involving a Spectral queen, a Cyanite queen, a skeleton bone, and a room with walls that were too thin.... I've lost most of my aura nodes. Is there any hope of charging my wand again?

Can always recharge your wand by killing mobs. :)

Reactions: jtmnf and rivvest

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I know that this week I've been away... College stuff and others things... I have planned an update but I didn't actually started it... Shame on me, I know... Probably on Friday I'll start that!

Sorry :\

Reactions: rivvest

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Can always recharge your wand by killing mobs. :)
My new wand recharging station, powered by a Spectral queen and a Melee Turtle:)

2015-09-17_07.41.05.png

2015-09-17_07.38.04.png