[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info. For some reason I can't get my spreader to add mana to my pool. It's aimed and bound properly it's just not working. I even tried starting over with a diluted pool,but that's not picking any up either. The mana is just sitting in my spreader...taunting me.
There's a minimum required to fire, maybe a quarter full. Otherwise show us some pics and maybe we'll see the problem.

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
There's a minimum required to fire, maybe a quarter full. Otherwise show us some pics and maybe we'll see the problem.
Nevermind the required mana thing was the problem I was like a bit away from the minimum. Spamming my beegonias with a stack of forest drones fixed it. Sorry to bother ya.

Reactions: rivvest

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind the required mana thing was the problem I was like a bit away from the minimum. Spamming my beegonias with a stack of forest drones fixed it. Sorry to bother ya.
No problem :) try to breed a lot of advanced bees to have more mana from a single bee ;-)

sergiomadd

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the memory available? How many RAM do you have in your PC?

Next version will have Rubber :)

EnderIO is the best way (for me)!

I have 4 GB of ram. But it was working fine before, then i updated the pack and it crashed

Last edited:

RedWurm

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got a cheaper way of automating frame production? The "simplest" I've found is EnderIO crafters.. AE is another option, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something earlier I can use.
Cyclic assemblers are pretty simple if you have a range of metal and a spot of lapis, but the main reason I use them for bulk processing is they look a bit prettier.

Reactions: rivvest and jtmnf

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Cyclic assemblers are pretty simple if you have a range of metal and a spot of lapis, but the main reason I use them for bulk processing is they look a bit prettier.
I knew I was missing something.. that would have saved me a buttload of iron! Will use them next time. :D

Now, how about something that ejects lava into the world for feeding Thermalilies?

Reactions: jtmnf

RedWurm

Jul 29, 2019
Now, how about something that ejects lava into the world for feeding Thermalilies?
Right, I was wondering bout that - mariculture and buildraft have blocks that do it automatically I hear - but I've managed to bodge a workaround.

Lava generation -> Fluid Transposer to put it in buckets -> Autonomous activator that triggers on redstone signal, wired up to a Block Update Detector adjacent to where the lava will be. When the flowers eat the lava, the BUD will fire, making the AA use a lava bucket. Then all you need is a servo with empty buckets whitelisted to pull them out and put them back into the transposer.

Although I have only tested this in my experimental world, it could all fall apart in practice.

Reactions: rivvest and jtmnf

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Right, I was wondering bout that - mariculture and buildraft have blocks that do it automatically I hear - but I've managed to bodge a workaround.

Lava generation -> Fluid Transposer to put it in buckets -> Autonomous activator that triggers on redstone signal, wired up to a Block Update Detector adjacent to where the lava will be. When the flowers eat the lava, the BUD will fire, making the AA use a lava bucket. Then all you need is a servo with empty buckets whitelisted to pull them out and put them back into the transposer.

Although I have only tested this in my experimental world, it could all fall apart in practice.
Genius! Though, dispenser does the job just fine, no need for the AA. My proof of concept.. can't justify the complications of using bees to generate my lava, so just let the fabricator go. I <3 the Hovering Hourglass.
2015-09-06_16.22.37.png

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I have 4 GB of ram. But it was working fine before, then i updated the pack and it crashed
Hm, weird... If you return to the previous version, everything stays the same, the game runs normally?

Genius! Though, dispenser does the job just fine, no need for the AA. My proof of concept.. can't justify the complications of using bees to generate my lava, so just let the fabricator go. I <3 the Hovering Hourglass.
View attachment 22765
Genius! A small but ultra complex machine!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf - the book states you need a full mana pool for a Vazkii bee - but really you only need like 1/10th! Could have made this thing a long time ago. :) Also might be worth noting you can breed them with some luck (instead of having to extract the gene from a princess).
Helllooooo grass! I've missed you!

Last edited:

sergiomadd

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, weird... If you return to the previous version, everything stays the same, the game runs normally?

Genius! A small but ultra complex machine!

Nvm just reinstaled the curse client and seems to be good, lost my world tho, the file got corrupted

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf - the book states you need a full mana pool for a Vazkii bee - but really you only need like 1/10th! Could have made this thing a long time ago. :) Also might be worth noting you can breed them with some luck (instead of having to extract the gene from a princess).
Helllooooo grass! I've missed you!
How do you breed it? I've tried, but with no success :-/

Nvm just reinstaled the curse client and seems to be good, lost my world tho, the file got corrupted
Despite the corrupted world, it's great to read that :)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
How do you breed it? I've tried, but with no success :-/
Nothing special - I bred the Vazbee queen with a Floral drone.. got back a Floral princess and a few Floral-Vazbee hybrid drones. Threw the princess back in the mana pool, bred with the hybrid.. same result.. repeated again and got a Floral princess but a Vazbee-Vazbee drone.. princess in the mana pool one more time and finally I had a purebred Vazbee bee. :)

Edit: I've got a weird bug. When I open chests (vanilla and iron chests) and certain other inventory-guis (ME Drive, Forestry Workbench, TE Induction Smelter), it immediately closes. (Sometimes they won't open at all! I have to click like a dozen times before they do) Industrial and magical apiary UIs are fine, as is the servo UI. I can use the ME Crafting Terminal no problem. This only affects my main world -- all my other saves work normally. I made a copy of my main world, and it still has the problem. No lag otherwise, /cofh tps and F3 show everything running fine. No messages to the console. It's so strange (and frustrating). Happens in all game modes. Just started last night, became way worse today. Anyone seen anything like this before?

I think I figured it out.. something to do with Effect: Gravity or the Spatial bees.. guessing it starts to effect me, but the apiarist suit stops it; however, whatever fires the action is forcing the inventories to close. I put Effect: None on the bee and the problem went away..
Now the question is, is this a bug? The two wikis I found with description of Effect: Gravity don't agree.. :)

Last edited:

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf
Hey have you ever though of adding Garden Stuff? It has modular flower pots that support just about any kind of flower and a lot of trees. The absolute best part is a craftable compost box that converts stuff like flowers, grass,sticks and seeds to a compost item that doubles as bonemeal,but has a fail rate for balance. It's wonderful for getting rid of extra agricraft seeds and excess plants. I think you can disable sticks if your worried about balance. You can even skip the flower pots and just download the core part, though it might be fun to have something cool to do with extra clay and it's much more relevant than decocraft.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing special - I bred the Vazbee queen with a Floral drone.. got back a Floral princess and a few Floral-Vazbee hybrid drones. Threw the princess back in the mana pool, bred with the hybrid.. same result.. repeated again and got a Floral princess but a Vazbee-Vazbee drone.. princess in the mana pool one more time and finally I had a purebred Vazbee bee. :)

Edit: I've got a weird bug. When I open chests (vanilla and iron chests) and certain other inventory-guis (ME Drive, Forestry Workbench, TE Induction Smelter), it immediately closes. (Sometimes they won't open at all! I have to click like a dozen times before they do) Industrial and magical apiary UIs are fine, as is the servo UI. I can use the ME Crafting Terminal no problem. This only affects my main world -- all my other saves work normally. I made a copy of my main world, and it still has the problem. No lag otherwise, /cofh tps and F3 show everything running fine. No messages to the console. It's so strange (and frustrating). Happens in all game modes. Just started last night, became way worse today. Anyone seen anything like this before?

I think I figured it out.. something to do with Effect: Gravity or the Spatial bees.. guessing it starts to effect me, but the apiarist suit stops it; however, whatever fires the action is forcing the inventories to close. I put Effect: None on the bee and the problem went away..
Now the question is, is this a bug? The two wikis I found with description of Effect: Gravity don't agree.. :)
I've to see that when I arrive to Portugal, tomorrow ;-)

@jtmnf
Hey have you ever though of adding Garden Stuff? It has modular flower pots that support just about any kind of flower and a lot of trees. The absolute best part is a craftable compost box that converts stuff like flowers, grass,sticks and seeds to a compost item that doubles as bonemeal,but has a fail rate for balance. It's wonderful for getting rid of extra agricraft seeds and excess plants. I think you can disable sticks if your worried about balance. You can even skip the flower pots and just download the core part, though it might be fun to have something cool to do with extra clay and it's much more relevant than decocraft.
Hm... I've tried it once, but I never actually played with it! I can give it a try and maybe put it in the next version, but I don't ensure that!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
What kinds of tanks do Effect: Water bees fill? Or is the effect different? Tried a Rain Tank and one of the TE portable tanks but nada. What other cool effects should I be on the lookout for? The wikis seem less than trustworthy. :)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the Brainy bees spit out an old version of the Thaumcraft zombie brains -- the quest doesn't detect them, and they can't be used in recipes. I added this to scripts/ModTweaker.zs to allow crafting grid conversion from old to new:
recipes.addShapeless(<Thaumcraft:ItemZombieBrain>, [<Thaumcraft:ItemResource:5>]);

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the Brainy bees spit out an old version of the Thaumcraft zombie brains -- the quest doesn't detect them, and they can't be used in recipes. I added this to scripts/ModTweaker.zs to allow crafting grid conversion from old to new:
recipes.addShapeless(<Thaumcraft:ItemZombieBrain>, [<Thaumcraft:ItemResource:5>]);
I'll add it to the next version too ;)