[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Florastar, how long have you been waiting for a bee based skyblock/HQM modpack to be released? Cause for me it's been maybe about a year.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was Genetics #2, required a common queen, advanced mutagen and a mutatron.
Florastar, when I updated to the last version, I didn't realize that Gendustry changed "a lot"... I have to fix that...

According to what I saw, now they have NBT (darn) and the Common is not being accepted too (with the Advanced Mutatron I saw two possibilities for Common, that was not what I saw when I first made out the quest - and neither one of them worked)... Well, time to solve that problem!

Florastar

Jul 29, 2019
Florastar, when I updated to the last version, I didn't realize that Gendustry changed "a lot"... I have to fix that...

According to what I saw, now they have NBT (darn) and the Common is not being accepted too (with the Advanced Mutatron I saw two possibilities for Common, that was not what I saw when I first made out the quest - and neither one of them worked)... Well, time to solve that problem!

Hm. Maybe move the gene extractor to the quest that gives the mutagen and mutatron... And require a common gene serum? Dunno how much that would mess up the balance. Just trying to figure out alternative to bee.

Reactions: jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Maybe move the gene extractor to the quest that gives the mutagen and mutatron... And require a common gene serum? Dunno how much that would mess up the balance. Just trying to figure out alternative to bee.
The problem with getting the Common Gene Serum (that was my first thought when designed that quest) is really the probability of getting it... That row of 5 quests at the bottom is for people to learn how to mutate and take traits of the Bees! I probably try to: 1. Ignore NBT on Gendustry Machines... 2. Maybe saying to people to "Choose the FIRST option in the Advanced Mutatron" or just ignore NBT has well... But the problem with this 2. part is that the ignore NBT will let you deliver any Bee (even if it's not Common)... That's why I didn't wanted to use Bees to be delivered :\

I'm with doubts about this quest...

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
I had to change the configs for Agricraft. In every modpack I've played that had Agricraft had 4 crops per recipe. For a skyblock type map, the default 1 crop per recipe seem pretty expensive and it was driving me nuts. I don't know how much need there is for Agricraft in this pack yet, but I figure i may need seeds, so I wanted to mutate up the pumpkin seeds at least. It's weird also not playing with Hunger Overhaul (one of my fav mods) too--I made a 1/4 stack of Harvestcraft toast sandwiches and found one gave me full saturation! Since I have been building up my base in ways so I don't have to expend excess energy/hunger unnecessarily I'm pretty much set for food for a while now. lol

This pack certainty is addictive
We were playing on the server for well over 6 hours today and yesterday, cone join the server if you are looking for some fun :)

Thanks for the invite but I think I'll stick to my single player for now. In my restart game I'm not far along with the bees, but I spent a few hours today collecting wood, cobble and food and built a crafting area and a starter bee area.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I think I correct it... At least it worked fine this time... I'll have to test it again...

I had to change the configs for Agricraft. In every modpack I've played that had Agricraft had 4 crops per recipe. For a skyblock type map, the default 1 crop per recipe seem pretty expensive and it was driving me nuts. I don't know how much need there is for Agricraft in this pack yet, but I figure i may need seeds, so I wanted to mutate up the pumpkin seeds at least. It's weird also not playing with Hunger Overhaul (one of my fav mods) too--I made a 1/4 stack of Harvestcraft toast sandwiches and found one gave me full saturation! Since I have been building up my base in ways so I don't have to expend excess energy/hunger unnecessarily I'm pretty much set for food for a while now. lol
I don't want to add difficulty to the game, so I'll not add Hunger Overhaul (but I can put it optional, I guess)! About Agricraft, I'll change the configs my self! I'll only left Agricraft because I love the mod! It's like Mutation of Bees, but in plants! And it's faster (comparing to Vanilla crops)!

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to add difficulty to the game, so I'll not add Hunger Overhaul (but I can put it optional, I guess)! About Agricraft, I'll change the configs my self! I'll only left Agricraft because I love the mod! It's like Mutation of Bees, but in plants! And it's faster (comparing to Vanilla crops)!
You already have apple core so maybe Hunger in Peace could be an addition for the pacifists/weenies like me. Personally I add it to any modpack I use, but it's always nice when all types of players are considered ahead of time.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019

I just ran into this problem with Genetics #1 in the first section fo teh quest book, which I think the quest Florastar is referring to. I had a common queen from playing around with the industrial apiaries and then one i created following the quest book, and it won't take either and so I'm stuck on that quest branch. :(

I understand about not wanting to add more difficulty, having failed terribly at Agrarian Skies 2. But it's weird to have Agricraft and Harvestcraft in the pack without added need for food. Feels little unbalanced there, especially if you know those mods as well as I do and produce a lot of high saturation food (by vanilla standards) in no time.

You already have apple core so maybe Hunger in Peace could be an addition for the pacifists/weenies like me. Personally I add it to any modpack I use, but it's always nice when all types of players are considered ahead of time.
I do use Hunger in Peace in some packs that don't have HO (I added to Regrowth because I had to go into peaceful often because hostile mobs that wouldn't despawn was causing lag). But with HO I usually just disable the difficulty scaling so you get hungry the same rate in any difficulty, including peaceful. But I'm a fan of both mods. :)

I wish there was more peaceful packs, or at least packs that can be completed in peaceful. it's like every other pack has the latest scary mobs mod and it's very boring to try out new modpack hoping for something different and here you are fighting super awful mobs yet again. That was one reason I was interested in this modpack--I figured any modpack that doesn't require you to go to the Nether (which I hate) probably isn't going to need you to deal with hostile mods much. ;)

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a screenshot of what I consider to be my near perfect genetic template.

I could increase the temperature and humidity tolerance traits to Both 5 if I where to spend the time and effort and resources to do so but there are not really needed as Both 3 will cover all the bee's with what bio the skyblock is in. I also need to add the Explorer effect trait once I get the Edenic bee for free XP.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I just ran into this problem with Genetics #1 in the first section fo teh quest book, which I think the quest Florastar is referring to. I had a common queen from playing around with the industrial apiaries and then one i created following the quest book, and it won't take either and so I'm stuck on that quest branch. :(
I understand about not wanting to add more difficulty, having failed terribly at Agrarian Skies 2. But it's weird to have Agricraft and Harvestcraft in the pack without added need for food. Feels little unbalanced there, especially if you know those mods as well as I do and produce a lot of high saturation food (by vanilla standards) in no time.
I do use Hunger in Peace in some packs that don't have HO (I added to Regrowth because I had to go into peaceful often because hostile mobs that wouldn't despawn was causing lag). But with HO I usually just disable the difficulty scaling so you get hungry the same rate in any difficulty, including peaceful. But I'm a fan of both mods. :)

I wish there was more peaceful packs, or at least packs that can be completed in peaceful. it's like every other pack has the latest scary mobs mod and it's very boring to try out new modpack hoping for something different and here you are fighting super awful mobs yet again. That was one reason I was interested in this modpack--I figured any modpack that doesn't require you to go to the Nether (which I hate) probably isn't going to need you to deal with hostile mods much. ;)
About the first part, I think I have corrected it!
About the food and the unbalanced pack... I can agree with you, it's a little unbalanced! The only thing I can do it's putting Hunger Overhaul optional OR put it by default, but with huge config tweaks... Or adding Hunger in Peace...
In this modpack I really want you to stay focus on Bees! I don't want you to waste time building mob spawners or going to the nether... The Bees just give you everything!

Here is a screenshot of what I consider to be my near perfect genetic template.

I could increase the temperature and humidity tolerance traits to Both 5 if I where to spend the time and effort and resources to do so but there are not really needed as Both 3 will cover all the bee's with what bio the skyblock is in. I also need to add the Explorer effect trait once I get the Edenic bee for free XP.
I agree with you! That's a hell of a template!

You Had me at Bees...I think I'll have to look at this pack. :)
I hope you like it :) if you have any doubts, just tell ^^

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
jtmnf said:

It's great to hear we're on the same page. It's not like I don't like fighting or mob hunting. I just hate when I try to focus on productive tasks, but too many mobs are spawning on my head/exploding my hard work. I usually have a set of peaceful oriented mods and I manually make peaceful play viable. Extra Utilities peaceful table is usually my go to for mob drops. The Vegan option is great for a less cheaty more intuitive alternative, but you need a normal worldgen. I like magical crops, crafting them takes longer than I like.
I like that most of the more expensive items are provided. Between the way Forestry burns through ores and how fickle sieves are this pack could've been grindy as heck. It's like how I imagined Agrarian Skies 2 would be. Thank you for not being evil XD.

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
I have just died in the void, single player and server (I am so clumsy) , and I spawn in the void, and get killed pretty quickly, could you set the spawn on the island ( \setworldspawn)

Also, I have a better home screen file I will send to you in a minute

Reactions: Pudding01

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
It's great to hear we're on the same page. It's not like I don't like fighting or mob hunting. I just hate when I try to focus on productive tasks, but too many mobs are spawning on my head/exploding my hard work. I usually have a set of peaceful oriented mods and I manually make peaceful play viable. Extra Utilities peaceful table is usually my go to for mob drops. The Vegan option is great for a less cheaty more intuitive alternative, but you need a normal worldgen. I like magical crops, crafting them takes longer than I like.
I like that most of the more expensive items are provided. Between the way Forestry burns through ores and how fickle sieves are this pack could've been grindy as heck. It's like how I imagined Agrarian Skies 2 would be. Thank you for not being evil XD.
I never though of making it Peaceful because I wanted at least a Wither to be killed (just for fun - and so you have to make some good blocks from Ender IO :p )!

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
About the first part, I think I have corrected it!
Did you upload the fix yet? Because I re-downloaded the pack and it's still not working, at least not with my saved game. Without being able to finish that first section I'm kind of stuck.