[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

Ten

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I figured, but for my first playthrough, I was lazy. XD Changing the recipes or something might be a good way to go. As a thought, what if the quests were as follows:

The quest to make the bee either takes you through steps to get the proper bee (detection: meadows/forest, then detection: common, then detection: cultivated, etc.) or it's just a detection of a number of the drones for the actual bee. (Detection: 8 Ferrous Drones.) That quest gives you a fairly simple reward (maybe a sieve and automation upgrade or something, so you can produce a lot more of the resources), and also opens up a repeatable quest to use the nuggets to "buy" pure bees of the same type (consume: 128 iron nuggets to get a reward of 1 ferrous princess and 1 ferrous drone), so that if you do something stupid, like fall out of the world with your bees, you can get more with relative ease.

Of course, all this is just a rambling suggestion. I haven't put nearly the amount of thought into this that you have, and could be going completely the wrong way with it from what you intend. :)

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I figured, but for my first playthrough, I was lazy. XD Changing the recipes or something might be a good way to go.
I think we can agree on that :p
wdilM9T.png

As a thought, what if the quests were as follows:

The quest to make the bee either takes you through steps to get the proper bee (detection: meadows/forest, then detection: common, then detection: cultivated, etc.) or it's just a detection of a number of the drones for the actual bee. (Detection: 8 Ferrous Drones.) That quest gives you a fairly simple reward (maybe a sieve and automation upgrade or something, so you can produce a lot more of the resources), and also opens up a repeatable quest to use the nuggets to "buy" pure bees of the same type (consume: 128 iron nuggets to get a reward of 1 ferrous princess and 1 ferrous drone), so that if you do something stupid, like fall out of the world with your bees, you can get more with relative ease.

Of course, all this is just a rambling suggestion. I haven't put nearly the amount of thought into this that you have, and could be going completely the wrong way with it from what you intend. :)
About this part... What you said was my first idea, the all concept... And I honestly was surprised that I couldn't detect the bees... For example, imagine that somebody want to change the Fertility of a Bee from 2 to 4... That is going to mess around with everything! Imagine if it is a Forest Drone, that you will use a bunch of times... I could not figure how to detect them, so I decided to make with the combs... But many Bees have the same combs so it's hard to make a "progression"; that's why I want you to use NEI and see: "ok, Ferrous... I need a Common and Forest to do this, and then this, etc etc"... I really don't know how to detect variations of Bees, and that's why it's like this!

Reactions: Pudding01

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I actually didn't know that it was on FTB till after I downloaded it through curse, and I prefer the FTB launcher (less annoying bugs, they don't really break anything, just slow me down). Oh well.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
One suggestion I have is add a few lifespan upgrades to make breeding quicker. I've been playing with the pack for a little while and I'm still trying to breed certain bees. Lifespan upgrades make the bees die quicker so you can breed quicker which would make it a bit better to get to the higher tier bees.

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
This pack looks very interesting and I'd love to play it but I can't be arsed to redownload Curse Voice after I deleted it. Compared to FTB, I find it much more buggy, annoying to use and it's just a pain in general. I wouldn't say that it's terrible but FTB is way more convenient and easier in my opinion. When I was installing AS2, my Curse Voice was constantly messing up things. Even after I uninstalled it, every time I started Windows it would pop up trying to install itself again. I got that fixed though. Do you think you could port it over to FTB aswell? Thanks in advance.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I actually didn't know that it was on FTB till after I downloaded it through curse, and I prefer the FTB launcher (less annoying bugs, they don't really break anything, just slow me down). Oh well.
It's still not in FTB launcher! It's waiting on approval!

One suggestion I have is add a few lifespan upgrades to make breeding quicker. I've been playing with the pack for a little while and I'm still trying to breed certain bees. Lifespan upgrades make the bees die quicker so you can breed quicker which would make it a bit better to get to the higher tier bees.
I can do it, yes :) I'll add another quest in the basics to that ;)

Last edited:

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
This pack looks very interesting and I'd love to play it but I can't be arsed to redownload Curse Voice after I deleted it. Compared to FTB, I find it much more buggy, annoying to use and it's just a pain in general. I wouldn't say that it's terrible but FTB is way more convenient and easier in my opinion. When I was installing AS2, my Curse Voice was constantly messing up things. Even after I uninstalled it, every time I started Windows it would pop up trying to install itself again. I got that fixed though. Do you think you could port it over to FTB aswell? Thanks in advance.
Yes, I already submitted to the FTB Unlisted! I'm just waiting on approval :) I hope they are quick because I really want you to play and help me improving it!

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Some changes that are going to happen in the next version (maybe tonight I'll release it, I'm still working on them):

In this version, I'll add the following:
  • 2 Railcraft Quests;
  • Remove all ingots to nuggets recipes;
  • One quest for the possibility of lifespan upgrades (so you can have spare drones);
  • 4 quests in the basics for people that don't know how to play well with Bees and Gendustry;
I'll hope that I will have the pack on FTB Unlisted as soon as possible! I already submitted it and I hope it won't take too long!

Ten

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame you can't detect the specific bees. I wonder how they're coded that stops you from being able to do so. :(

As a note about the ingot to nugget thing: some recipes for items (such as the blank upgrade that all the gendustry upgrades use) utilize nuggets in the recipe. Since this will make it hard to create our own upgrades, rather than using the ones you provide for us, you might add a few "shop" quests to get the upgrade case or the individual upgrades? It'd be kinda nice to be able to use the basic honeycombs as currency, or something like that.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame you can't detect the specific bees. I wonder how they're coded that stops you from being able to do so. :(

As a note about the ingot to nugget thing: some recipes for items (such as the blank upgrade that all the gendustry upgrades use) utilize nuggets in the recipe. Since this will make it hard to create our own upgrades, rather than using the ones you provide for us, you might add a few "shop" quests to get the upgrade case or the individual upgrades? It'd be kinda nice to be able to use the basic honeycombs as currency, or something like that.
I believe its nbt data on the bees that makes it hard to detect because the specific bee traits are nbt as well as the bee types. So if you ignored nbt data on them it would ignore the type of bee and if you don't ignore it then it requires specific traits which is very difficult to do.

Ten

Jul 29, 2019
I believe its nbt data on the bees that makes it hard to detect because the specific bee traits are nbt as well as the bee types. So if you ignored nbt data on them it would ignore the type of bee and if you don't ignore it then it requires specific traits which is very difficult to do.

That makes a lot of sense. Still frustrating for things like quests, though. Thanks!

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I will not add that, probably, because Resourse Bees are easy to produce... I know that nuggets are used in some recipes, but I give you lots of upgrades that you can use to mutate Bees and get them as soon as possible! Unless I have a very good reason to do that, I will probably let this be like this, sorry :\

About having Resourse Bees in repeatable quests [I forgot to answer this part], I also will not do that because I give you a lot (and I mean a lot) of Bees in repeatable quests! If you get the traits of the species, you can "multiple" the Resourse Bees and get has many has you can!

I'm always playing to see my own updates and checking for good and bad stuff! I know that some times the quest could be made in a different way, but I want you to do with Bees, not going around and do it in another way!

Thank you for all yours suggestions :) I'm taking in count everything you and other people say!

I couldn't say better! That's exactly that!

Ten

Jul 29, 2019
I will not add that, probably, because Resourse Bees are easy to produce... I know that nuggets are used in some recipes, but I give you lots of upgrades that you can use to mutate Bees and get them as soon as possible! Unless I have a very good reason to do that, I will probably let this be like this, sorry :\

About having Resourse Bees in repeatable quests [I forgot to answer this part], I also will not do that because I give you a lot (and I mean a lot) of Bees in repeatable quests! If you get the traits of the species, you can "multiple" the Resourse Bees and get has many has you can!

I'm always playing to see my own updates and checking for good and bad stuff! I know that some times the quest could be made in a different way, but I want you to do with Bees, not going around and do it in another way!

Thank you for all yours suggestions :) I'm taking in count everything you and other people say!

That's very reasonable. Mostly, I found myself wanting more automation upgrades earlier, and made several myself using the materials from the sieve. That's what made me suggest it. I wasn't so much concerned with the other upgrades for quicker mutations.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
That's very reasonable. Mostly, I found myself wanting more automation upgrades earlier, and made several myself using the materials from the sieve. That's what made me suggest it. I wasn't so much concerned with the other upgrades for quicker mutations.
The upgrade for quicker mutations helps in more ways than just quicker mutations. It also helps you to get more drones that you can use to smash other traits onto to make super bees.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
The upgrade for quicker mutations helps in more ways than just quicker mutations. It also helps you to get more drones that you can use to smash other traits onto to make super bees.
Ok, but why do you need that upgrade for automation? I give you 2 at the beginning so you can let Damp and Honey combs beeing produced! If you want other combs, just do some Itemducts :) I don't want to simplify everthing!

Ten

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, but why do you need that upgrade for automation? I give you 2 at the beginning so you can let Damp and Honey combs beeing produced! If you want other combs, just do some Itemducts :) I don't want to simplify everthing!

I wanted the automation upgrades so that I could have my bees going while I'm doing other things, while utilizing the ideas behind the gendustry machines. I don't think you need to simplify everything. I was just pointing out that by removing the ingot to nugget recipe, you're tying our hands in a way that seems to run counter to your other ideas, like giving us tons of energy for machines and the gendustry industrial apiaries right from the start, rather than making us work things out for a bit with a normal apiary.

As for why I wanted the automation going on in the first place: I tend to stockpile certain items, especially on a skyblock, so I wanted to automate several different hives to make sure I had a nice big cache of different drones for when I started crossbreeding.

Reactions: jtmnf

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a crazy situation starting a new playthrough of this. Working through Back to the Basics, and completed the quest Heating Up. This quest has you submit your Iron Bucket for some machines (Sawmill, Pulverizer, Redstone Furnace). The next quest requires 128 cobblestone. I thought, hey I use that Lava Fab to make some lava, vanilla cobblestone gen, bam 128 cobblestone...

Except I turned in my bucket on the previous quest. Since I didn't get my cobblegen setup BEFORE turning in the bucket, now I have to go to Ex Nihilo to make clay for a clay bucket to move my first lava. Was this intended? Seems like if I paid a little bit of attention I could have used that lava bucket to move my lava first and been WAY ahead. Now I have to wait for rain. :-/

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted the automation upgrades so that I could have my bees going while I'm doing other things, while utilizing the ideas behind the gendustry machines. I don't think you need to simplify everything. I was just pointing out that by removing the ingot to nugget recipe, you're tying our hands in a way that seems to run counter to your other ideas, like giving us tons of energy for machines and the gendustry industrial apiaries right from the start, rather than making us work things out for a bit with a normal apiary.

As for why I wanted the automation going on in the first place: I tend to stockpile certain items, especially on a skyblock, so I wanted to automate several different hives to make sure I had a nice big cache of different drones for when I started crossbreeding.
Ok, I get your point better now! So, you want me to not remove all the ingots to nuggets, right? For example, people can use that method to get some Bees, but if a certain metal (imagine gold) is not used for recipes for upgrades, I can remove that recipe so you have to do the Bee! Can it be like this?

It's just for you don't feel tempted to do the lazy method :p

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a crazy situation starting a new playthrough of this. Working through Back to the Basics, and completed the quest Heating Up. This quest has you submit your Iron Bucket for some machines (Sawmill, Pulverizer, Redstone Furnace). The next quest requires 128 cobblestone. I thought, hey I use that Lava Fab to make some lava, vanilla cobblestone gen, bam 128 cobblestone...

Except I turned in my bucket on the previous quest. Since I didn't get my cobblegen setup BEFORE turning in the bucket, now I have to go to Ex Nihilo to make clay for a clay bucket to move my first lava. Was this intended? Seems like if I paid a little bit of attention I could have used that lava bucket to move my lava first and been WAY ahead. Now I have to wait for rain. :-/
I've have to change that... A friend of mine did the same situation a couple of minutes ago... I'll probably let the bucket stay! It was just for you to now focus on moving the cobble gen, but I agree that it might be misunderstood, my bad in that quest, sorry :\

And you don't have clay bucket... It's not Ex Nihilo who adds that :\