[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
I guess what bees you go for depends on how you use them. I went for the rusty drone and then the colored honey questline, which required a lot of breeding, so maybe it is just me.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, yes... I started with coal so I can get Diamonds easily and have labware always available!

Ten

Jul 29, 2019
Hm... With 1 diamond you can get 16 labware... I thought they were sufficient? I have to see that better!

If you're going to disable the sieve, then getting the diamonds for labware will be very difficult for early game, which makes the mutatron completely useless... Diamond bees kinda seem a bit more end-game to me.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to disable the sieve, then getting the diamonds for labware will be very difficult for early game, which makes the mutatron completely useless... Diamond bees kinda seem a bit more end-game to me.
I never said that! And will not disable the sieve! Neither the automated sieve... I only disabled the recipes Ingots > Nuggets (except the gold one)! I can make the diamond Bee (Diamandi) very quickly, without any trouble! Just having some quests done and you only have to mutate Bees, nothing special!

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
for someone who has never been into bees i dont know how i could advanced without sieving. it can get pretty frustrating when your stuck at some point and dont know how to go on.
making the diamond bee very quickly !? how so ? im happy that i was able to get to the ferrous bees :)

PS:nevertheless, nice pack, really refreshing to other packs.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
for someone who has never been into bees i dont know how i could advanced without sieving. it can get pretty frustrating when your stuck at some point and dont know how to go on.
making the diamond bee very quickly !? how so ? im happy that i was able to get to the ferrous bees :)

Having Sinister Bee, you can have the Austere very quickly! Then, to get the Auric, you need Plumbum and Stannum! I assume that you already have Common, Cultivated, Modest (it's in a quest), Industrial and Imperial! That's really easy because you only need some mutations and get the first drones! You have plenty of opportunities to get spare Bees, so, mutate them again!

Thank you ^^

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019

To get the diamond bees I just focused on one path. I had completed the first two quest-lines and some of the third, so I had a pretty good infrastructure set up. There is a repeatable quest that lets you get some base princesses and drones, which is very helpful. If you are lost with bees/ gendustry check out ep89-91 of direwolf20's lp series(Season 7)

Reactions: jtmnf

Ten

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a good deal of trouble sorting out how to get things like the modest and tropical bees to do anything for me, because of the hostile environment... But I'm still pretty new to bees, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Bworms1980

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've definitely been working on this quest chain first. I know very little about bees so this definitely helps.
Thank you :) because you want to learn about Bees, I suggest you to see these 5 quests! They will explain to you how it works with mutations and how to take traits from Bees and they might help you a bit :)

E1gcpk1.png

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a good deal of trouble sorting out how to get things like the modest and tropical bees to do anything for me, because of the hostile environment... But I'm still pretty new to bees, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
They might need flowers that I might not put it in the pack... And Tropical and Modest you don't need to breed, but if you want, you need Vines and Cactus (I think)!

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
They might need flowers that I might not put it in the pack... And Tropical and Modest you don't need to breed, but if you want, you need Vines and Cactus (I think)!
They also need a different biome than the plains so you would have to make controllers for that biome or adjust the temperature and humidity to desirable levels for the bees. Those are the correct flowers though.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
They also need a different biome than the plains so you would have to make controllers for that biome or adjust the temperature and humidity to desirable levels for the bees. Those are the correct flowers though.
That controllers are in one quest! You first need to deliver 128 Honey and Stringy Combs and 64 Damp Combs... Then you have access to the quest that gives to you the controllers! It's repeatable!

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
I like the pack and the new image that you got, you're definitely quite dedicated to this. One thing i suggest is maybe find some people to record your pack to increase popularity, and link their videos to the main forum page.

Ten

Jul 29, 2019
It seemed like they didn't like the environment. I didn't try very hard with tropical, but I was trying to crossbreed modest, and even with a cactus growing diagonal, they wouldn't grow. I think I need some sort of environment upgrade, but I haven't dug into it that far yet.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I like the pack and the new image that you got, you're definitely quite dedicated to this. One thing i suggest is maybe find some people to record your pack to increase popularity, and link their videos to the main forum page.
Thank you :) now that is on FTB Launcher, I'll guess that people might now download it more and, perhaps, somebody will record :)

I really want people to play and, if they like, record and share with others! I tested (and I continue to test it) and it's a good pack to record because you don't waste any time to get resourses, you have a 130 quests to do, a bunch of things to learn! I really want you contribution and I'll share your videos and images in the main page (I've written that a while ago) :)

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you :) now that is on FTB Launcher, I'll guess that people might now download it more and, perhaps, somebody will record :)

I really want people to play and, if they like, record and share with others! I tested (and I continue to test it) and it's a good pack to record because you don't waste any time to get resourses, you have a 130 quests to do, a bunch of things to learn! I really want you contribution and I'll share your videos and images in the main page (I've written that a while ago) :)
One of the things I found really helpful was the early game watering can. Its usually a pain waiting for the trees to grow

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
It seemed like they didn't like the environment. I didn't try very hard with tropical, but I was trying to crossbreed modest, and even with a cactus growing diagonal, they wouldn't grow. I think I need some sort of environment upgrade, but I haven't dug into it that far yet.
You need this:
Industrial Factory set of quests
FMR8EnF.png

And then in the Climate Control you have 5 different Emulation Upgrades! That's a repeatable quest!
CjQMZ0Z.png

One of the things I found really helpful was the early game watering can. Its usually a pain waiting for the trees to grow
Yes, it helps a lot! It was a suggestion that I take it from your helps here :)

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
That controllers are in one quest! You first need to deliver 128 Honey and Stringy Combs and 64 Damp Combs... Then you have access to the quest that gives to you the controllers! It's repeatable!
Oh ok I am really close to that point only missing a few damp combs and have 8 productivity in that hive to get the last ones. One suggestion I have though is instead of a saved map use the lockdown mod so we can have multiple maps running at the same time instead of just the 1 map we are given.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok I am really close to that point only missing a few damp combs and have 8 productivity in that hive to get the last ones. One suggestion I have though is instead of a saved map use the lockdown mod so we can have multiple maps running at the same time instead of just the 1 map we are given.
How do I do that? That's a thing that I wanted, but I didn't know how to do!