[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
What I learned today: When you loose track of what types of bees you have and what types you need more of is when you need to get AE going.
That's exactly where I am.. but I can't keep track of the bees I need to get AE going.. ;) My industrial apiaries are overflowing. Currently trying to standardize my "old" bees and move them outta the way so I can get focused. Of course, in the process of that, I crossed my ducts and now I have a few hybrid queens I have to fix.. yick. Only another 30 or so apiaries to go. :p
2015-08-24_17.45.50.png

RedWurm

Jul 29, 2019
Industrial apiaries with automation upgrades are my happy place, I remember doing the same thing back in the day with buildcraft pipes, and god damn it was a faff. Although it did instill an exhaustive knowledge of the early bee breeding trees through a lot of trial and even more error. I've finally started on my proper build with a lot more capacity and - hopefully in time - a rather nicer appearance.
earlybuild 2.png

Unfortunately I need a lot more power - I'm almost certainly going to step up yellorite production and make a starter reactor next - and I also need to move my machine dungeon, now with twice as much clutter thanks to my AE autocrafting setup.
machinepit.png

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's been in the pack for a while now. I just need to remember to wait for the Industrial apiary's GUI to clear and notice that there isn't a queen/blank the progress bar.
Can you show a video of the glitch?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Industrial apiaries with automation upgrades are my happy place, I remember doing the same thing back in the day with buildcraft pipes, and god damn it was a faff. Although it did instill an exhaustive knowledge of the early bee breeding trees through a lot of trial and even more error. I've finally started on my proper build with a lot more capacity and - hopefully in time - a rather nicer appearance.
I think I have the default Forestry tree memorized at this point.. I should stop starting over. :D I've changed my approach a bit and instead of dropping a princess and a drone in the apiaries.. pre-breed a few drones first in the industrials, makes sure my genes are straight and keeps the drone slot full so nothing can sneak in. Everything is going smoothly now.. and I got more drones than the Beegonias can keep up with, gotta work out some automation there.
What's going on at the top of your first image?

Reactions: jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly where I am.. but I can't keep track of the bees I need to get AE going.. ;) My industrial apiaries are overflowing. Currently trying to standardize my "old" bees and move them outta the way so I can get focused. Of course, in the process of that, I crossed my ducts and now I have a few hybrid queens I have to fix.. yick. Only another 30 or so apiaries to go. :p
View attachment 22363
View attachment 22371

Unfortunately I need a lot more power - I'm almost certainly going to step up yellorite production and make a starter reactor next - and I also need to move my machine dungeon, now with twice as much clutter thanks to my AE autocrafting setup.
View attachment 22368
I love those! Really good job both of you ^^

RedWurm

Jul 29, 2019
I think I have the default Forestry tree memorized at this point.. I should stop starting over. :D I've changed my approach a bit and instead of dropping a princess and a drone in the apiaries.. pre-breed a few drones first in the industrials, makes sure my genes are straight and keeps the drone slot full so nothing can sneak in. Everything is going smoothly now.. and I got more drones than the Beegonias can keep up with, gotta work out some automation there.
What's going on at the top of your first image?
The top is what passes for a roof at the moment. The pillars will have a fair bit of decoration, then the glass and gold ceiling will sit on top, and the solar panels and power distribution will be above that in a way that will be invisible from inside the building. The apairies are probably decorative, although there is room for some clever piping if I feel the urge.

I'm not sure what to do with spare drones myself. Beegonias give so much less than lava can and you don't really need DNA like you used to. I may just make some and store it in openblock tanks for decoration. I often use them for a combination building material/energy storage for lava power generation in other skyblock packs, partly because you can easily see your stored power but mainly because I will always want to live in a castle made of magma.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Can you show a video of the glitch?
I'll see what I can do. No promises but I'll try.

Edit: Recording of the glitch was successful. (5th attempt at getting a recording software working...)

Edit2: Not quite sure if recording it as an .SWF format was such a good idea... I'm going to record another attempt in a different format in case YouTube doesn't like .SWF files...

Edit3: Uploading now.

Last edited:

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I'll see what I can do. No promises but I'll try.

Edit: Recording of the glitch was successful. (5th attempt at getting a recording software working...)

Edit2: Not quite sure if recording it as an .SWF format was such a good idea... I'm going to record another attempt in a different format in case YouTube doesn't like .SWF files...

Edit3: Uploading now.

Weird...

Is the Fluix quest supposed to not have a reward?
No... Darn... I've to update it...

Glavitar

Jul 29, 2019
any chance of making Ingots a little less painful? maybe a 2x2 craft rather than the standard 3x3, would be nice to cut back on the Apiary fields

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna try the modpack today. I have done practically no bee quests in any modpack before, despite their usefulness.

OH GOD! SO MANY BEE PUNS :D
Bonus points if you named your world with a bee pun (my current one is "I can't BEElieve the puns")

WidjettyOne

Jul 29, 2019
My first attempt was 'B1', and after I turned all my water supplies into obsidian thanks to a terribly designed cobblegen, my second attempt was 'B2'.

Bananas in pyjamas, anyone?

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
I have a serious question... When and how do I get the centrifuge for once? I have been doing a good deal of quests, but none of them give me a centrifuge. And the quest that gives a bunch of ingots doesn't give enough copper to make it

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I have a serious question... When and how do I get the centrifuge for once? I have been doing a good deal of quests, but none of them give me a centrifuge. And the quest that gives a bunch of ingots doesn't give enough copper to make it
Bees