[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
I did consider that, but wanted it to look like the traditional straw hive. It's made from thatch blocks from Botania which make's it fire proof. Only took about 9,000 wheat to make all the blocks.

Reactions: Dylz101 and jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know when the mod will be in? I kind of royally screwed up and I need to restart...

Also, are those bee tutoral quests recomended for someone who already knows the basis of bees?

One last thing. The (as I think of them) bee basics quest that gives you the gene doesn't give you a specific gene. It just gives a blank gene (At least that's what it gave me).
Is there any way to get the map without downloading the modpack again?
For now, the mod is not in! I'll update all the mods! If you want to play it again, you need to redownload the modpack :\ Don't worry, tomorrow I'll release the update because Botania has a problem! The Basic Bees also is recomended for someone who already knows just to remmenber how to do some stuff!

So after playing through most of the quests I have noticed 1 very limiting factor and that is the number of apiaries we are given. Reading through the yellorium questline it sounds like you want us to build a reactor and I have found no reason at all to because the solar panels you have given us. Of course I could create more apiaries and use enough power to actually need a reactor but I feel the pack was intended to be a learning experience and should have enough apiaries given to use all the bees at the same time. Another recommendation would be to introduce alvearies to us. Overall its a very nice pack to learn bees with but there are a few things you don't introduce us to. Also the iron quest in minerals is detect and all the others are submit.
Apiarys - check - but if you start having resourses, you might build ones by yourself!
Alvearies - check check check - I agree!
Yellorium - it's your choice what you do! I know that I give a lot of Solar Panels, but you can make a Big Reactor and use it to power your apiaries! I have the Big Reactors quests just for you to know that you can power your reactor!

Personally if I added Iguana Tweaks to this pack I would leave stone and wooden tools enabled but that involves a massive config rewrite which I have done before. On a side note why does every quest book want you to get a freaking octuple compressed cobble. Which leads to a minor bug I found. If you put a reinforced watering can into an autonomous activator it does nothing but if you put a normal one in it works fine even after it breaks.
Yes, if I add Iguana Tinker Tweaks, I'll tweak the configs! About the watering can, I didn't notice that... I'll have to see that!

Don't know if anyone is interested or not but here are a couple of screenies of my bee house. The inside is not done yet so will post some more shot's when it is.
Never ever build anything like that! Awesome :D

Reactions: Pudding01

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
For now, the mod is not in! I'll update all the mods! If you want to play it again, you need to redownload the modpack :\ Don't worry, tomorrow I'll release the update because Botania has a problem! The Basic Bees also is recomended for someone who already knows just to remmenber how to do some stuff!

Apiarys - check - but if you start having resourses, you might build ones by yourself!
Alvearies - check check check - I agree!
Yellorium - it's your choice what you do! I know that I give a lot of Solar Panels, but you can make a Big Reactor and use it to power your apiaries! I have the Big Reactors quests just for you to know that you can power your reactor!

Yes, if I add Iguana Tinker Tweaks, I'll tweak the configs! About the watering can, I didn't notice that... I'll have to see that!

Never ever build anything like that! Awesome :D
So... the useless gene issue?

Also, happy 4th!

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
So... the useless gene issue?

Also, happy 4th!
I forgot to answer that... I didn't understand? Gene issue? I know that the Book doesn't show tooltips, but I don't give any blank gene? I'm not near a pc too see that, can you send me a screenshot too see?

Edit: even not celebrating the 4th, happy 4th :D

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to answer that... I didn't understand? Gene issue? I know that the Book doesn't show tooltips, but I don't give any blank gene? I'm not near a pc too see that, can you send me a screenshot too see?
I just re-loaded the pack and am in the process of getting the mod in that makes every new world the same, please standby...

Edit 1: going to cheat my way to that quest...

Edit2: Come on MC... hurry up...

Edit 3: It's working now... strange... oh well

Last edited:

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I just re-loaded the pack and am in the process of getting the mod in that makes every new world the same, please standby...

Edit 1: going to cheat my way to that quest...

Edit2: Come on MC... hurry up...
But can you show me the quest? I'm not understanding what it's wrong :-/ I'm really sorry, but I'm not understanding...

Conansson

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, sorry that i didn't write again until now...
I really, really, really enjoy your pack. It's so peaceful and slow, as someone playing As2 twice, i appreciate that. Your Design of just giving us all stuff (i freaked out seeing the AE line)is really new. I'm about half way through, usually breed 4 bees when i come home then afk a little while they are producing Nuggets (I know there is always stuff to do, but often am just lazy).
I'm a little stuck at Ender Bees you give us from the diamond Quest. It needs the End, but there is no Biome upgrade like for Hell. Do i have to Gendustry-Change them ?
Also, i think the store is either too large or too cheap. When starting, i wondered how to get new princesses normally (Bee-Noob). Now, i just trade all my Honey Combs away. For your problem with detecting Bees, does fuzzy detection not work? It should ignore anything Nbt-related. Trading drones for Princesses seems better, so that you have to bread them even once.

Thanks for that great pack !

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I really, really, really enjoy your pack. It's so peaceful and slow, as someone playing As2 twice, i appreciate that. Your Design of just giving us all stuff (i freaked out seeing the AE line)is really new. I'm about half way through, usually breed 4 bees when i come home then afk a little while they are producing Nuggets (I know there is always stuff to do, but often am just lazy).
I'm a little stuck at Ender Bees you give us from the diamond Quest. It needs the End, but there is no Biome upgrade like for Hell. Do i have to Gendustry-Change them ?
Also, i think the store is either too large or too cheap. When starting, i wondered how to get new princesses normally (Bee-Noob). Now, i just trade all my Honey Combs away. For your problem with detecting Bees, does fuzzy detection not work? It should ignore anything Nbt-related. Trading drones for Princesses seems better, so that you have to bread them even once.

You do have to use gendustry to change the flowers on the ender bees. But fuzzy detection for bees will not work because it will ignore the type of bee because all of it is nbt data including the type of bee unless sirsengir changed that.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019

Hi there! Thank you for you initial words :) it's really good to read them!
About the Ender Bees: yes, you will need to Gendustry-Change them! I think you need to change the type of flower (I'll see that better when I get home tomorrow)!
About the store: it's large and cheap! I want you to help me finding the right resources to put in to take a Bee (for example, to have a Forest Bee, you have to give 32 dirts)... I'll not add any other Bee! I'll only remove if it is very "OP" on the final version!

You do have to use gendustry to change the flowers on the ender bees. But fuzzy detection for bees will not work because it will ignore the type of bee because all of it is nbt data including the type of bee unless sirsengir changed that.
Fuzzy! That's a tricky question... AE2 Fuzzy it's want I really wanted! It ignores the NBT Data but it still uses the species! On HQM, I tryed (twice) every single option... Unless I made something wrong, I think I cannot use Bees to make trades :\ but I wanted, ok? It's my intention to have that! Never talked about that neither with SirSengir or VSWE, Newcastlegeek and lorddusk... I think SirSengir made the Bee's Species "separated" from the NBT because AE can handle that, but no HQM... I'll try to do this again!

Edit
BeeHappy V1.0.3 on FTB Launcher

Added the Multiplayer Map (very similar to the Singlplayer one);
Added 23 Quests (createad a Store of Bees);
Tweaks in other quests;
Added images to the FTB Modpack;

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
I've got more art for you :)
This time I am 100% sure that none of the images used are copyright :)
a9vgch.png
It's more of a splash image that can be used on the launcher if you want to :)

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
a9vgch.png
Thanks :D I love the letters! Can you do it 400x200 and one 42x42? That's the dimension for the FTB images :)

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
a9vgch.png
I use it on Curse! I put your name in the section of Images, Mods and Credits! For Curse, it's a great image! A huge thanks :)

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Here you go! Had to create the whole image from scratch cause there was no way I could re-size it without it looking a game from the '80s
rhtlzb.png
Sorry if the height looks a bit squished :)

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
I use it on Curse! I put your name in the section of Images, Mods and Credits! For Curse, it's a great image! A huge thanks :)
Big thanks to you for using it :D
Also, I will try get a white background going for the curse version
EDIT:Here it is :)
2449wr5.png

Reactions: jtmnf

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
Here are some inside the bee house screenshots as promised just in case anyone is interesred.

Thats it for now still need to make and put in centerfuges and squeezes to process combs and honey drops. The 2 large cobble cube outlines are place holder ready for 2 steel tanks from Railcraft to hold honey. Also there are more floors still to go in with more tanks for Liquid DNA and more hives for more bees.

Reactions: jtmnf