[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Ugh I detest when all of my notifications are likes. I'm fine with seeing the occasional one when I make a post I'm proud of, to see people appreciate things I say, but I dislike when it's just spam-liked. PeggleFrank used to be like that, thankfully he changed.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh I detest when all of my notifications are likes. I'm fine with seeing the occasional one when I make a post I'm proud of, to see people appreciate things I say, but I dislike when it's just spam-liked. PeggleFrank used to be like that, thankfully he changed.

you can configure your profile so it doesn't alert you anymore when someone likes a post of yours.
I have the likes alert switched on though, I like to know if someone likes a post of mine

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I guess they don't trust me anymore or something?
As usual there's no communication.

EDIT: Opened up a convo with Jaded. It's cause I'm already a team member.
S'all good, I guess.

Last edited:

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Does any1 in here know how to clean a tainted node? I tried putting pure nodes next to it, but it doesnt work :S

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Does any1 in here know how to clean a tainted node? I tried putting pure nodes next to it, but it doesnt work :S

I believe you can't clean a tainted node... once it's tainted, it's tainted for good.
however you're able to clean tainted biomes, just get rid of the tainted node by either jarring it or destroying it, and plunk down some ethereal blooms

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
But they have such nice aspects to them :S

the only way to remove taint is with advanced thaumaturgy mod, but we dont have it on Monster :S

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
You can use ethereal blooms to stop it, actually. If I remember correctly, they will remove taint, but will not make the area clean, so to speak.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
You can use ethereal blooms to stop it, actually. If I remember correctly, they will remove taint, but will not make the area clean, so to speak.

I have both tried Ethereal Bloom and Pure Nodes in Silverwood Trees, but neither remove the "Tainted" from the nodes. The only thing i could use them for is, if i were to move the tainted node and plop a ton of ethereal blooms close to in order to prevent the spread of taint. But i'm afraid that if i put these tainted nodes next to my normal 1's, those to will become tainted if i dont look out.

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I have both tried Ethereal Bloom and Pure Nodes in Silverwood Trees, but neither remove the "Tainted" from the nodes. The only thing i could use them for is, if i were to move the tainted node and plop a ton of ethereal blooms close to in order to prevent the spread of taint. But i'm afraid that if i put these tainted nodes next to my normal 1's, those to will become tainted if i dont look out.
Just put it in a jar and then destroy the jar, unless you want a safe area to produce tainted stuff, in which case make an area surrounded by ethereal blooms with no nodes nearby.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Good Evening all.

Today I bring to you an interesting question, that of the existence potentially of an AM2 Cheat Sheet.
There already exists on this forum a compendium for community added entries for the spells, however the question was asked if a Cheat Sheet might be made. I'm apprehensive to the task, however it's possible.
The conditions are that I don't step on anyone's toes. If a post exists here that does it already I've no need to interfere.
The second condition is that should I make a cheat sheet my account and the currently existing cheat sheets will be safe. This is the most pressing condition.

The Cheat Sheets are made without permission. I've said this from the very beginning with my Thaumic Tinkerer v1 Cheet Sheet and I continue to say that regardless of the approval of the authors. I have every right to post information appertaining to a mod so long as it remains informative and poses fair critique if any and doesn't just slander the mod, as well as not claiming ownership or interfering with the content itself, however the problem still lies that should Mithion not approve it may come down to a point where he approaches the staff to terminate the sheet.

I'm not going to lie or pander to the staff. If you come here for pandering you're in the wrong place.
Should they demand the post be taken down, I will deny.
Should they deny it's existence totally and take the decision out of my hands I'll both appeal and find another place for the cheat sheet.

The point is, I cannot rely on the FTB staff to defend my right.
I therefore, before making any desicions at all towards making the Cheat Sheet or not, have posed the following question, via MCF, to Mithion.
http://pastebin.com/TpEu5cj9

There is nothing in there I haven't said here. I outline the purpose and the reasoning of the existence of the cheat sheets and the lack of faith I have that my place here will be defended as I believe that before they cater to their community, they will cater to the modders. They are more than welcome to confirm this belief or deny and assure me that my rights will be defended.

I also ask the question of if a cheat sheet should exist, how he would prefer it to be orchestrated, if at all. I do not ask his permission as I don't need nor want it.

Let me be clear about something here, guys. The information here is a reference guide. An open reference guide. What you see here is free to be used in any means that others see fit so long as it doesn't harm the content and the author behind it's existence. I've said this from the very-very beginning and I will continue to say that. Regardless of the existence or not, this information will exist through one way or another, be it by my hand or not, whether it be on an independent site, a wikia, this forum or another. I don't claim ownership on information and neither should anyone. So I will defend it's right to be here.

This topic is open for discussion, however remember that nothing has been set in stone yet.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I think you should certainly do this. I struggle with Ars magica, I can just about make some spells, but this would be an epic help.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched DW20's video of his ForgeCraft 1 server and there have been new things added to Thaumcraft and Thaumic Tinkerer.

Things I've seen:
- Runic Armour: Leather armour thats infused and work like a sort of forcefield idea (not sure how this will be implemented)
- Runic Armour Upgrades: think of Dartcrafts armour infusing.
- Essentia Mirror: Mirror that transports essentia, although not connected with tubes, think of it like the gas form of essentia leaving a jar and going through a mirror and ending up at a arcane bore/furnance
- Automated Alchemy: This is a upgrade for the crucible and allow u to insert essentia in it via tubing and as long as its provided with a catalyst, makes the items, without the excess essentia u get from trowing in things that might have essentia u dont need. Also it doesnt require water, just a heat source. In its GUI you can insert the catalyst and it will give you the choice to pick which recipe you wish to make.
- Bone Bow: A bow made with bones and a entropy shard, it draws faster and its arrows move faster and hit harder.
- Metal Purification: Im thinking of increased ingot output from the arcane furnance with native clusters.
- Lamp of Fertility: I think its a lamp that speeds up the process at which animals can breed.

These are the things i noticed so far in his video. There are probably some other things i havent seen yet.

Seems thaumcraft is getting even more fun and interresting :)

Last edited:
Reactions: casilleroatr