[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs need to die by exposure to tainted land, causing Flux Taint, which occurs randomly to living entities on tainted grounds.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the program is yEd which is a Java diagramming utility.
Here is my yEd file, if you'd like to have a go at altering it.
I'm sure the layout could be improved, post up any improvements :)

Enjoy, and
KeepOnDigging!

I liked the original chart a lot, and I'm quite pleased to see you updating it for the aspect changes. Do you have the colored aspect icons as a separate zip file? Those would be very useful for a lot of Thaumcraft-related projects! (And I never did get around to coloring my own batch from the mod zip. :( )

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a little wary of publishing these because of potential copyright issues, so I'll take them down again if I get a complaint from Azanor:
Thaumcraft 4.1g aspect icons

They are 32x32 pixel 24-bit PNG files with the original transparency. It also includes Tempus from Magic Bees. I think a couple of icons might be a little wonky, happy to accept bug reports :p

Enjoy, and
KeepOnDigging.

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a little wary of publishing these because of potential copyright issues, so I'll take them down again if I get a complaint from Azanor:
Thaumcraft 4.1g aspect icons

They are 32x32 pixel 24-bit PNG files with the original transparency. It also includes Tempus from Magic Bees. I think a couple of icons might be a little wonky, happy to accept bug reports :p

Enjoy, and
KeepOnDigging.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was hoping for! I doubt Azanor will complain, remembering that he was OK with folks using his graphics for the MC-Wiki. I did load up your yEd file, but promptly found that yEd didn't want to do the things I wanted to change. In particular, I couldn't find (1) how to set a background pattern or even color, or the alternative, putting outlines on the lightest arrows. The third thing I had in mind might be doable, if I want to learn enough of the system... marking the "terminal" aspects (and optionally the primals) somehow, perhaps with an outline or different background color.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
If wikis can do it, you can do it.

Besides, we used coloured aspects for the cheat sheet site, so.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
"In its advertising a vacuum cleaner manufacturer was permitted to quote from a Consumer Reports article comparing vacuum cleaners. Why? The ad significantly increased the number of people exposed to the Consumers Reports' evaluations and thereby disseminated helpful consumer information. The same rationale probably applies to the widespread practice of quoting from favorable reviews in advertisements for books, films, and plays."

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/fair-use-rule-copyright-material-30100.html

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
Re yEd, I'm a complete novice so I'm unlikely to be much help.

I have already altered the colour of the lines for Lux and Spiritus. Making the lines darker is easy, that's in the palette to the right.

When you export from yEd, the PNG is transparent so you could drop in a background in your image editor.

I don't think yEd does outlines on lines.

Backgrounds or borders on specific aspects will certainly be doable, either in the palette or in the properties dialog.

Hope that helps,
KeepOnDigging.

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
I'm no lawyer, but the "fair use" style clauses are probably there for this very reason (just a layman's pov of course)
And Succubism...

Pulling all the aspect icons is surely beyond fair use! This one comes down to the generosity (or canniness) of the developer.

A thought -- I used to know, but I've forgotten: are mod authors allowed to sell stuff based on their own mod's unique contents? Besides putting the aspects on T-shirts and such, Pech dolls would be a winner.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
A thought -- I used to know, but I've forgotten: are mod authors allowed to sell stuff based on their own mod's unique contents? Besides putting the aspects on T-shirts and such, Pech dolls would be a winner.
Dan200 sells 3D-printed turtles, I have a bunch. GI Joe Thaumostatic Harness?

Last edited:

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
And Succubism...

Pulling all the aspect icons is surely beyond fair use! This one comes down to the generosity (or canniness) of the developer.

I've done it and never told Azanor, but he knew about it.

I've yet to hear a complaint.
And I present to you, exhibit b: http://ythri.github.io/tcresearch/

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Succubism, I think we're in violent agreement here. I do think Azanor is OK with it, I'm just saying that matters as far as the legalities. (And certainly the courtesies.)

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Most, if not all the icons from Thaumcraft, are from a website: http://game-icons.net/
In the summary of this website it says the following:
Game-icons.net is an online repository providing heaps of cool game related graphics.
They are provided provided under the terms of the Creative Commons 3.0 BY license.
It means that can use them freely as long as you credit the original author in your creation. A mention like "Icons made by {author;}. Available on http://game-icons.net" is fine.