[1.6.4] The 95 Pack - V1.2.2

albatrosv13

Jul 29, 2019
If you want mystcraft you can add it. But I don't like it as a mod, as it kills small servers. As for nether ores that is in the pack, you may have missed it when looking over the mod list.

And pardon my ignorance, but I don't really understand what you mean by "The multiplier should start from nugget bonuses, not whole 2x multiplier by default"
Do you mean that the first time your process ores instead of getting, for example, 2 iron dust, you will get 10 iron nuggets? Or what?
That's true, i could add mystcraft, but then can't do anything with beta testing.
Now, under ''mod list'' in this thread i couldn't find ''nether ores''. Are they under some different mod or something?
And about nuggets, yes. I somehow saw it too escalating when IC2(for example) introduced 2x multiplier. From that on, thermal expansion(pulverizer) gives 2x and a little bonus, AE(grinder) gives 2x from the start, factorization gives 3x(needs some resources to get to that) and so on. Somehow, all the requirements for vanilla recipes becomes just a joke. Even full iron armor, which needs 24 iron ingots, can be gotten with just 12 iron ores, almost from the start - ironically, ore spawn is increased due to machine construction requirements(which are high in the first place due to 2x multiplier introduction). There is no fixing anymore, though. There are too many mods which add easy 2x multiplier.
And also, i'm avoiding gregtech. It just takes too much time to do anything. It's totally different story when dealing with servers though - longer gameplay is a requirement.
So all in all, your pack is more multiplayer friendly and i'm a singleplayer guy, so that's where i should just shut up :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask a really really dumb question?

Why is this called the 95 pack? Should I be waiting for the 98SE pack?

:) I am not making fun. promise. I am truly curious. This pack is on my "to try out next" list. I'd offer to be a beta tester for you but I'll be busy for the next 30 or so days, so can't.

The - It's a word that is used when starting to describe something (best explanation I have for the word... seriously, try describing "The")
95 -My username is jordsta95, so get rid of the useless letters, and you are left with 95
Pack- Short for mod pack
The 95 Pack.
Yes, I know, I am terrible at coming up with names :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
That's true, i could add mystcraft, but then can't do anything with beta testing.
Now, under ''mod list'' in this thread i couldn't find ''nether ores''. Are they under some different mod or something?
And about nuggets, yes. I somehow saw it too escalating when IC2(for example) introduced 2x multiplier. From that on, thermal expansion(pulverizer) gives 2x and a little bonus, AE(grinder) gives 2x from the start, factorization gives 3x(needs some resources to get to that) and so on. Somehow, all the requirements for vanilla recipes becomes just a joke. Even full iron armor, which needs 24 iron ingots, can be gotten with just 12 iron ores, almost from the start - ironically, ore spawn is increased due to machine construction requirements(which are high in the first place due to 2x multiplier introduction). There is no fixing anymore, though. There are too many mods which add easy 2x multiplier.
And also, i'm avoiding gregtech. It just takes too much time to do anything. It's totally different story when dealing with servers though - longer gameplay is a requirement.
So all in all, your pack is more multiplayer friendly and i'm a singleplayer guy, so that's where i should just shut up :D

Yeah, it's not really the best mod pack for singleplayer, I get that. But to be fair, most mod packs aren't, because there are some mods you can just never be bothered to get into, for me Factorization comes to mind, for you GregTech, so if you need to use something from that mod (machine, tool, etc.) then you have to learn about the mod, and set up stuff which you have never really used before. So playing multiplayer always makes a pack a little easier 'cus there is probably someone, especially if you are playing with a few friends, that have the machines you need, and will be happy to let you use them.
But as for the beta stuff. I would actually be happy for people to add their own mods, and test out the pack and give me results.

If you came on and said "Hey Jordan, I added Mystcraft, and it all works fine. I just had to change an ID conflict" I'd probably look into adding it :)

And finally, the mod list on here is missing a few mods, which I have no idea why. I forgot to add nether ores to the list when you mentioned it, but I noticed it didn't have some of the mods that were recently added, and some such as Tinkers' Mechworks... don't know why. Just blame my stupidity :)

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you not recommend 1.2.05? I have loaded it up, apart from the void world when creating a new world, which I understood after I saw the new save, it all seems fine to me :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I don't recommend it as it has a lot of the stuff in there I wanted to keep out of 1.2.1 (void world, for example)

mikalosa

Jul 29, 2019
fyi there's a bug in the tutorial map in which if i grow a tree, the thing that prevents me from destroying the platform prevents me from harvesting trees (this happened in version 1.2.1 as well)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
fyi there's a bug in the tutorial map in which if i grow a tree, the thing that prevents me from destroying the platform prevents me from harvesting trees (this happened in version 1.2.1 as well)
Sorry for the late reply, yeah, for some reason the map was set to adventure mode.
I have fixed that for 1.2.2, which I am uploading as we speak (so should be no more than a day or two before this is fixed)

Which also means, check the changelog for upcoming updates :) A pretty nifty mod is coming to the pack :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
V1.2.2 is now out. Check the changelog for updates, and of course, feel free to report any bugs you find

jpm42

Jul 29, 2019
I died and cant find the island i accidently walked right off after spawning in the world also can only run 1.0 :(

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean you can only run 1.0, that is the most buggiest of all the releases...
And I will add a download link to the map, in the OP, just redownload it from there :) Use the time change buttons and the beds to your advantage next time :p

jpm42

Jul 29, 2019
nvm i got 1.1 also i was about to start the map and i turned to talk to mah dad and had mah buton on mah W key and ran right off the map :I[DOUBLEPOST=1410866388][/DOUBLEPOST]Its not a surprise only some verisons of your pack work for me its the same for all packs i mean i cant even get above 1.1 for crash landing even some official packs most versions wont work evenwhen they used to

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
nvm i got 1.1 also i was about to start the map and i turned to talk to mah dad and had mah buton on mah W key and ran right off the map :I[DOUBLEPOST=1410866388][/DOUBLEPOST]Its not a surprise only some verisons of your pack work for me its the same for all packs i mean i cant even get above 1.1 for crash landing even some official packs most versions wont work evenwhen they used to
That did make me laugh a little :p
I have added a new version of the map to the OP :)

jpm42

Jul 29, 2019
so what im confused on is why is the Hqm mod in it but everythings disabled? also are quests added in the newer versions i can onl get 1.1 to work

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
Am i going to enable hqm hardcore mode? you get the heart but i can't use it it just says "hardcore mode not enabled" So?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I give out hearts frequently for those who want to play hardcore mode, but I don't have it enabled by default for those who don't. Feel free to do "/hqm enable" if you want hardcore mode enabled :)

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks! Thought it was some type of bug![DOUBLEPOST=1411326627][/DOUBLEPOST]Just a question where is the QDS for the QDS quest in the first chapter?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks! Thought it was some type of bug![DOUBLEPOST=1411326627][/DOUBLEPOST]Just a question where is the QDS for the QDS quest in the first chapter?
It doesn't exist :p I am still editing quests. But if you want to 100% it, you can make the QDS when you have the resources :)