[1.6.4] The 95 Pack - V1.2.2

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I know what you mean about TT. I didn't add it to start with, as I never really dabbled with Thaumcraft before. But I recently completed the Thaumonomicon in a pack with TT. And I thought without TT I would have grown bored of Thaumcraft quickly... Oh, and I like the OPness of KAMI armour ;)

And for your questions:
1) Well the main issue with the mod is that I made it, so it was buggy to start with. Then there is the fact that it was a rushed port from 1.5 to 1.6, and it wasn't that stable in 1.5. Then the other reason is I added it, because it was supposed to be a way of making GregTech easier... and well... I found out about MineTweaker.
2) I changed the GregTech stuff, because I hadn't looked too much into GregTech since 1.5, and it has changed a fair bit, since then, making it need a little nerfing... also the Bronze Age thing is REALLY stupid :p
3) I am going to keep my cards close to my chest until I have sent off the pack to be updated, seeing as it is going to take a while to get sorted out, and I don't want people asking for ETAs, as it will be cool. All I will say it WILL affect the player, but not in any way that will affect gameplay. And it will be optional.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So, I read through the 4 pages and didn't see mention of it. in OP, you note that vacuum hoppers will destroy your world. Ummmm how come this is the first I've heard of that? I googled a bit and really didn't see anything. I use them in all sorts of packs (and some I've had issues with but no cause found), but curious. Do you have links or something?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I was testing out a set-up in singleplayer, and when I placed a vacuum hopper the world crashed and burned. I will retry now that Everything and More has been removed, as that is a problematic mod.

But, the pack is now updated :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well I can't say too much as the secret would be compromised. But you would essentially have to make sure what is being added works, make sure it's not too OP but also not making it hard and grindy.
Also telling me of any problems you encounter, whether it be a steep increase in difficulty or just a wall that cannot be passed (e.g. not being able to make a block)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Looked into why vacuum hoppers were playing up. And after some major derps on my part, I have sorted it so next update will have them re enabled

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
Oh nice, can't wait to mess around with them :)

Also, I found a bug! The recipe for flint no longer works. You can still sieve it, but not craft it with gravel

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well the quicker I can get a few more beta testers, and maybe a few LPers (it would be nice), the quicker I can get 1.2.1 out, which will fix that issue. I totally forgot that minetweaker stops working when you remove a mod it has recipes for :/

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well I was thinking of doing that, but with a WIP of the Super Sarcastic Update stuff. So it will be nowhere near finished, but then I would have more than the beta testers telling me whether it works or not, whether it is balanced, and whether there are bugs. As they may have missed something/not done something the way others might.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't call it a semi-update, just because it isn't adding half of something, it's not like you will get to the halfway* point and then won't be able to do anything.

*it's not halfway, it's more like an eighth, but you get the point

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It won't be incomplete, think of it more as an open Beta.
At the minute I have 2 beta testers, who will hopefully be giving me input ASAP. Obviously if a few more people want to be beta testers then that would probably ensure the update comes out sooner. But the beta testers will tell me, based on their experience, whether they think it is balanced or not. Then hopefully the players will be able to give me feedback on whether they think it is balanced or not while I finish off the rest of the stuff.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
*coughs* I am sorry for the wait. But FINALLY there is a link to the server files for this pack :)

albatrosv13

Jul 29, 2019
No Mystcraft?
That's a shame...
And gregtech?
That's a total rape of the landscape of the overworld.
Oh and no nether ores...
That means total obliteration of the overworld, by mining (machines).

I'm not complaining, though... Maybe someone really likes the holes painting the landscape...
Well at least mekanism is there. Okay, maybe not so bad after all.
Too honest?
Edit: This thread did give a good idea for the ore process, though - The multiplier should start from nugget bonuses, not whole 2x multiplier by default.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If you want mystcraft you can add it. But I don't like it as a mod, as it kills small servers. As for nether ores that is in the pack, you may have missed it when looking over the mod list.

And pardon my ignorance, but I don't really understand what you mean by "The multiplier should start from nugget bonuses, not whole 2x multiplier by default"
Do you mean that the first time your process ores instead of getting, for example, 2 iron dust, you will get 10 iron nuggets? Or what?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Can I ask a really really dumb question?

Why is this called the 95 pack? Should I be waiting for the 98SE pack?

:) I am not making fun. promise. I am truly curious. This pack is on my "to try out next" list. I'd offer to be a beta tester for you but I'll be busy for the next 30 or so days, so can't.