[1.6.4] The 95 Pack - V1.2.2

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
I played a little with it in FTB Ultimate, but I didn't even see the point then. I was able to get more than enough fuel from oak trees :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I believe I used to power my whole GregTech intensive base just on one oak tree farm... however, you can't do that now due to the terrible forestry farms, which really sucks :/

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Oh they are, I liked having an arboretum and harvester, and sugar cane farms etc, that were all just 1 block each, and then I knew exactly how big they were going to be, and I didn't have to have to place certain blocks for them to work, etc.... To be fair, I am not a massive fan of multi-blocks :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
V1.1.0 should be out within the next few days, check the changelog for what is to come.
Make sure to back up your worlds before this one, just in case, as there is a lot of stuff added.

Also, I added a new placeholder image for the pack, it is not permanent, but it is better than the current one.

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
EnderStorage and ComputerCraft... I see a lot of automation coming in the next update :D

Also, I just started watching your series you are doing on the pack. Don't you think it's suicidal to go into GregTech straight away?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
EnderStorage and ComputerCraft... I see a lot of automation coming in the next update :D

Also, I just started watching your series you are doing on the pack. Don't you think it's suicidal to go into GregTech straight away?
Curious as to what you will automate and how?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It seems while I was asleep the pack updated.
Make sure to back up your worlds, just in case as there is a fair amount of mod additions.

Also, if you find any bugs/exploits please tell me :)

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
Curious as to what you will automate and how?
-P
CM
- is empty, p is energy cell, c is ender chest, m is mining well.
Then infront of p would be an engineering turtle, and infront of C and M would be mining turtles.
The mining well will run, turtles will wait about 10 seconds, then collect the block infront, all move forward 1 block, and place, then repeat

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Permissions aren't obsolete. There was a news post about this a while ago, someone asked a mojangster on twitter, the answer was that that is a misinterpretation of the EULA.
Can you point towards a link? I'd like to be able to reference it for future occasions.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Can you point towards a link? I'd like to be able to reference it for future occasions.
https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula
"Any tools you write for the Game from scratch belong to you. . Modifications to the Game ("Mods") (including pre-run Mods and in-memory Mods) and plugins for the Game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don‘t sell them for money / try to make money from them."
This means that if a mod author doesn't want their mod to be distributed in mod packs, then they have every right to stop people from doing so.

Reactions: xbony2

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula
"Any tools you write for the Game from scratch belong to you. . Modifications to the Game ("Mods") (including pre-run Mods and in-memory Mods) and plugins for the Game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don‘t sell them for money / try to make money from them."
This means that if a mod author doesn't want their mod to be distributed in mod packs, then they have every right to stop people from doing so.
"If you make any content available on or through our Game, you must give us permission to use, copy, modify and adapt that content. This permission must be irrevocable, and you must also let us permit other people to use, copy, modify and adapt your content." I notice how it says "use, copy, modify and adapt", it doesn't say anything about redistributing, which is nice.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I think that is because if you allow people to redistribute, they may state that the mod is their own work. So if you don't allow that, then if they do redistribute it then you (the mod author) have the right to take action against whoever tried to state that your hard work, is their intellectual property

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Yes, I think that is because if you allow people to redistribute, they may state that the mod is their own work. So if you don't allow that, then if they do redistribute it then you (the mod author) have the right to take action against whoever tried to state that your hard work, is their intellectual property
It's even worse when other people pretend to be the real mod author, and put a virus in the mod, and the real mod author gets blamed.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated much recently, I have been a bit side tracked with stuff IRL.
But the next update is going to add Mekanism and Thaumic Tinkerer, and that is going to be update 1.2.0
And then, unless you guys find bugs with that, then I have something planned for 1.2.1, which will add a mod, but you won't have to do anything if you don't want to.

There is also going to be the removal of Everything and More, for version 1.2.0, just because it seems to be causing issues. And a config change to GregTech will be coming about too.

Expect to see that soon :)

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
Oh nice to see you are putting out an update. 1.2 sounds small, but I know Thaumic Tinkerer adds a lot.
But I do have a few questions.
What issues was Everything and More causing?
What made you change the GregTech configs? (I'm not complaining, I'm just curious)
And what is this 1.2.1 thing you are on about? Is it like OpenEye or something, because it sounds like a mod that isn't going to affect the player